Can we field a full strength team for Aus tour or will injuries plague key players?

fineleg

finey' date=' you've lost it.[/quote'] Yoda, There are two important series back-to-back (after the tiring Aus ODI series and 2020, before which we toured Eng). Such is BCCI scheduling. I feel Aus tour is a lot more important, and I'm willing to take it easy on the Pak series. I think you are placing a lot of importance on Pak series, and hence you are willing to forget the Aus tour coming ahead. But once this "important" pak series is over, we have to go down under for a big tour! We need players fresh and RARING-to-GO. Not tired and wanting to finish-yet-another-series.

Yes, I know its not ideal to suggest lets field a weakened-11 against Pak. All I'm saying is that - in midst of such scheduling, unless we force rest to players and make tough choices, chances are we will be fielding a less than full strength side to Aus. I've read statements like we have the players to give it to Aus in Aus. Well, only if the so-and-so players go there and are fresh and ready, we can put up a fight.

Yoda, There are two important series back-to-back (after the tiring Aus ODI series and 2020, before which we toured Eng). Such is BCCI scheduling. I feel Aus tour is a lot more important, and I'm willing to take it easy on the Pak series. I think you are placing a lot of importance on Pak series, and hence you are willing to forget the Aus tour coming ahead. But once this "important" pak series is over, we have to go down under for a big tour! We need players fresh and RARING-to-GO. Not tired and wanting to finish-yet-another-series.
I take it then that you don't mind getting humiliated by the Paks as long as the players are fresh for the Aus tour (which doesn't mean they will do better, just means they will be fresh).
I take it then that you don't mind getting humiliated by the Paks as long as the players are fresh for the Aus tour (which doesn't mean they will do better' date=' just means they will be fresh).[/quote'] Ideally I'd like the series to have a lot of break inbetween. But, given this is the scenario: YES. If I'm forced to choose, the Aus series is a lot more important in terms of showing the world that we can compete in Australian pitches just like we did in 2004. They will be fresh implies there is a better chance they will do well. There are no guarantees in life or cricket, but only higher probability.
Ideally I'd like the series to have a lot of break inbetween. But, given this is the scenario: YES. If I'm forced to choose, the Aus series is a lot more important in terms of showing the world that we can compete in Australian pitches just like we did in 2004. They will be fresh implies there is a better chance they will do well. There are no guarantees in life or cricket, but only higher probability.
Losing to Pakistan will be worse than losing to the assies.
That was a typo MP' date=' I meant the ODI series. Retain the experienced for the test series but rest them for the ODI series is what I meant.[/quote'] ahh..that's why i wanted to confirm:D
Ideally I'd like the series to have a lot of break inbetween. But, given this is the scenario: YES. If I'm forced to choose, the Aus series is a lot more important in terms of showing the world that we can compete in Australian pitches just like we did in 2004. They will be fresh implies there is a better chance they will do well. There are no guarantees in life or cricket, but only higher probability.
There is a unwritten rule in cricket that you do not rest your best players for test matches. If they were so concerned about burn out then they should have rested the likes of Sachin and Ganguly for this random 7 match ODI series. Even now it's not too late they can go ahead and rest the big 3 and the fast bowlers for at least 3 out of the 5 ODIs but to rest them for the test series will be very very strange.