Tehelka special : The anatomy of a genocide (Gujarat)

Tapioca

I haven't checked for a while too. This one is free but I think the copies of the print edition is not. Not sure' date=' actually.[/quote'] Damn this sting operation is highly incriminating and incendiary. Babu Bajrangi - ‘After Killing Them, I Felt Like Maharana Pratap’ :angry_smile: Will need to read this through..Thanks for sharing Tapioca :thumbs_up:

This thread has all the potential to go into a full fledged religious bashfest/discussion. Please be very careful about what you post and how you make your points.
Indeed. Heck forget ICF for a second, I think there is a good chance Gujrat Govt. and many of the bigwigs are in situation to be brought down here. Not sure how much of it is admissible in court and all but to have a prime suspect admit on live interview - Tabiyat se kaata...F**k what else is needed may I ask? The magazine is set to hit the stand on Nov 03, lets see how that goes. xxx

stil not sure what was the purpose behind this?? I know one thing, muslim community is doing well here in Gujarat. Just today I dealt with three traders all of the muslims..
Good for you Kabira. :thumbs_up: I was reading the backdrop of this sting operation and it is fascinating how the reporter(there is one principal reporter) went undercover for 6 months and met all these people. It reminded me of the whole Donnie Brasco saga where FBI planted an agent inside Mafia to bring it down. I was initially suspect that the revealation may have something to do with election but since it is a 6 month or so operation suffice to say it was done well before the election. Not to mention that the people speaking on camera are the perpetrators themselves. My only quandry currently is how such sting operation can often be incorrect as recent one in Delhi but atleast here the people are speaking themselves so maybe that rules everything out. And it is definitely nice to see reporters getting done in less than 6 months what Legal System has been unable to do in years!. This has started to make headlines across most channels now. Maybe start of something big... xxx

its election time and Tehelka has Congress Support for sure.. have we ever seen Tehelka doing sting operation for center governement...they were active when Vajapayee was at helm.. Its all election agenda....If congress has to win, this type of sting operation will not work, most ppl know whats truth and whats not. Congress right now lack leadership here in Gujarat.. I sincerely hope Modi comes back to the Power...Gujarat is doing really well right from rural to urban.

its election time and Tehelka has Congress Support for sure.. have we ever seen Tehelka doing sting operation for center governement...they were active when Vajapayee was at helm..
But that is hardly the question Kabira. The question is - Did Modi/BJP/RSS do this or not? - the tapes clearly implicate him. As for why Congress has not been targetted thats a question for Tehelka guys, a genuine one at that. My reasoning would be what is the Congress going to be targetted for anyway? Did they do a Naroda-Patiya?? Are they gonna be investigated for N-deal? My guess is that there is just not enough ammunition when it comes to Congress. Again my guess.
Its all election agenda....If congress has to win, this type of sting operation will not work, most ppl know whats truth and whats not. Congress right now lack leadership here in Gujarat..
That doesnt make sense then. I mean how can you possibly read whats out there, hear what the perpetrators say on live cam and then come back with a people know truth?? Thats just appaling. Did you, for example, check the following quotes from just one person - Babu Bajrangi. http://tehelka.com/story_main35.asp?filename=Ne031107After_killing.asp What happened was this: we chased them and were able to scare them into a huge khadda [pit]. There we surrounded them and finished everything off aur humne tabiyat se kaata… Haldighati bana di thi [and we killed at will, turned the place into Haldighati]… And I am proud of it, if I get another chance, I will kill even more… In Naroda and Naroda Patiya, we didn’t spare a single Muslim shop, we set everything on fire, we set them on fire and killed them ek woh pregnant thi, usko to humne chir diya thha b*******d sala… Unko dikhaya ki kya hota hai… ki hum log ko tumne maara to hum tumko kya pratikaar de sakte hain… hum khichdi kadhi wale nahin hai Why is this effer not behind bars yet?
I sincerely hope Modi comes back to the Power...Gujarat is doing really well right from rural to urban.
I sincerely hope he is put behind bars. The man has single handedly split this country into two blocks and it is only a matter of time before you will have retribution of some kind. xxxx

its election time and Tehelka has Congress Support for sure.. have we ever seen Tehelka doing sting operation for center governement...they were active when Vajapayee was at helm.. Its all election agenda....If congress has to win, this type of sting operation will not work, most ppl know whats truth and whats not. Congress right now lack leadership here in Gujarat.. I sincerely hope Modi comes back to the Power...Gujarat is doing really well right from rural to urban.
i guess then muslims would also want modi to come into power again in gujarat then.....

>I sincerely hope he is put behind bars. The man has single handedly split this country into two blocks and it is only a matter of time before you will have retribution of some kind. what a bull cr@p.. just recently met a hard working laborer who moved here from UP and is muslim. I asked him how did he like it here in Gujarat..He said its much much safer and better here than UP.. Lurker, the ppl like Bajrangi are big problem just like how those Mullahs instigating Muslims...no difference there.. You seem to think that Modi was only reason for riots...Gujarat has seen many riots...I vividly remember one such riot in 1999 when Sonia Gandhi visited Ahmedabad...Modi was no were in the picture then..so would you blame him...Ahmedabad was divided into two blocks and thank God it did not last more than 3 days...

Lurker, the ppl like Bajrangi are big problem just like how those Mullahs instigating Muslims...no difference there..
Alright so why is Bajrangi not behind bars yet Kabira? This man has the galls to admit he slit open a pregnant woman and dragged out a live foetus. I mean how much more barbaric does one get? Narendra Modi has been the CM of Gujrat since October 2001. It is 6 years now. If he is really as benevolent as you suggest and if Bajrangi is really as bad a guy what is stopping Modi from putting him behind bars??
You seem to think that Modi was only reason for riots...Gujarat has seen many riots...I vividly remember one such riot in 1999 when Sonia Gandhi visited Ahmedabad...Modi was no were in the picture then..so would you blame him...Ahmedabad was divided into two blocks and thank God it did not last more than 3 days...
I never said Modi was the only reason for riots. I definitely beleive he was involved in the riots and completely failed to save life, which was his responsibility as the CM. Funny you mention the 3 days, there is a comment in one of the interviews as to how Modi had given the barbarians 3 days to "settle" everything. Again I am not 100% of this operation, like every other media there may be spicing of the facts here, but if I were you I wouldnt be as sure as you are as well. xxx

you did not read it well. I said riots in 1999 and only in certain areas of Ahmedabad. >Narendra Modi has been the CM of Gujrat since October 2001. It is 6 years now. If he is really as benevolent as you suggest and if Bajrangi is really as bad a guy what is stopping Modi from putting him behind bars?? good question and if you ask me, I had never heard this name Bajrangi until now...so not sure who exactly is this guy... bottomline, as a citizen of certain state you would want LAW AND ORDER with DECENT PROGRESS for everyone and equal OPPORTUNITY for everyone. and I believe Gujarat scores high here..In past 5 years there have not been any major law and order issues and won't you give credit to Government for this.

good question and if you ask me, I had never heard this name Bajrangi until now...so not sure who exactly is this guy...
I am surprised you say that Kabira cos I have heard his name for a while. Even recently he came into prominence for trying to get Parzania banned in Gujrat. We had discussed the issue on ICF atleast 8-9 months back
Rahul Dholakia, an NRI film director and scion of an eminent Gujarati family, was so moved by this tragedy that he made a film, Parzania, based on it. He hoped its screening would help locate the child. But Dholakia had not reckoned on Babu Bajrangi?the principal accused in the Naroda Patiya case where more than a hundred people were butchered.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=3095&highlight=Babu+Bajrangi
bottomline, as a citizen of certain state you would want LAW AND ORDER with DECENT PROGRESS for everyone and equal OPPORTUNITY for everyone. And I believe Gujarat scores high here..In past 5 years there have not been any major law and order issues and won't you give credit to Government for this.
Essentially what you are saying is forget everything today cos life is good. It doesnt work that way. Look at it this way. Gujrat is doing pretty well by most indicators still it gets chastised for this whole Gujrat-riot thingy. Why not address it once and for all and move on instead of pretending it never happened?? That is just injustice, is it not? xxx

>Gujrat is doing pretty well by most indicators still it gets chastised for this whole Gujrat-riot thingy. why its chastised?? Can you tell me? Why is Kashmir never chastised for throwing out KPs?? Bottomline Gujarat is much safer place right now and if you want to address issues once and for all, we should start from 1947.

why its chastised?? Can you tell me? Why is Kashmir never chastised for throwing out KPs??
So if Kashmir is not chastised for throwing out KP's that gives carte-blanche for Hindu Gujratis to butcher Gujrati Muslims? And where does it say Kashmir is not chastised? Every person I know always mentions how KPs were displaced from Kashmir.
Bottomline Gujarat is much safer place right now and if you want to address issues once and for all, we should start from 1947.
In other words, dont worry about 2002 and let the rioters go free. Sorry I dont think that way. xxx