Impressed with kohli's captaincy?

Blue Star

Too early to judge and scrutinise his captaincy, but he will never be able to do much if the pacers are so toothless and the keeper fumbles stumpings in every match. Jaddu had an off day with the ball as well, so that added up. And our middle order looks Bangladesh standard presently.

Too early to judge and scrutinise his captaincy, but he will never be able to do much if the pacers are so toothless and the keeper fumbles stumpings in every match. Jaddu had an off day with the ball as well, so that added up. And our middle order looks Bangladesh standard presently.
Pacers did not do badly on this track and bowling line up did well over all people do have off days and young bowlers do make frustrating mistakes but both Bhuvan and shami are better bowlers than what they started with even if bhuvi is not picking as many wickets he has improved a lot with older ball it's time to persist with them will World Cup and find third seamer ..maybe it's pandey or maybe it's yadav or Aaron just keep rotating all of them I seriously think captaincy was good it's just that we are not scoring enough runs we have lost too many crickers in short span of time and tbh even South Africa will struggle if they lost one of Amla or abdv same with Sri Lanka and every other team if they lost 2 main batsmen
Pacers did not do badly on this track and bowling line up did well over all people do have off days and young bowlers do make frustrating mistakes but both Bhuvan and shami are better bowlers than what they started with even if bhuvi is not picking as many wickets he has improved a lot with older ball it's time to persist with them will World Cup and find third seamer ..maybe it's pandey or maybe it's yadav or Aaron just keep rotating all of them I seriously think captaincy was good it's just that we are not scoring enough runs we have lost too many crickers in short span of time and tbh even South Africa will struggle if they lost one of Amla or abdv same with Sri Lanka and every other team if they lost 2 main batsmen
a) Shami looks tired and dead. I have never seen him looking so off-colour b) Bhuvi looked rubbish and got carted around. Didn't see any swing from him with the new ball as well. These two were extremely ordinary during the first 10 overs and we lost half the match there. Shami needs rest and Bhuvi needs to go back to the drawing board.
a) Shami looks tired and dead. I have never seen him looking so off-colour b) Bhuvi looked rubbish and got carted around. Didn't see any swing from him with the new ball as well. These two were extremely ordinary during the first 10 overs and we lost half the match there. Shami needs rest and Bhuvi needs to go back to the drawing board.
first about shami..thats why i am asking for rotation.. and about bhuvan its expected on these tracks but i can assure you he is still doing better than any other bowler you will play in his place maybe other than pandey. and shami has got plenty of wickets in first 10 overs against australia and even new zealand and even got wickets against bangladesh but you cannot depend on him in every game and even on his off day he is not losing you matches on track which does not helps pacers ..refer to last year and you will see jumping dinda ,vinay kumar and ishant sharma winning matches for other teams even with batting in form.. shami got new zealand 50-3 after 10 overs atleast 2-3 times in odi series which is pretty damn good for one guy on his own

i still think bhuvi is good enough to play in team if not for anything else his ability to hold his own to some extent at death overs make him good enough to stay in team. in short i want shami and bhuvi to be rotated and third pacer to be given consistent run for 4-5 matches this way we can try yadav,pandey and aaron in short time we have left before world cup.. good news is yadav picked 5 wickets yesterday so he is finding some rhythm which is great news he is one guy which this team needs badly a bowler who can strike and take wickets quickly..otherwise we can try out ishwar pandey who has out performed every other bowler including shami in chances he got in a tours,practice matches and even domestc cricket ad is taller than other bowlers which will provide decent variation on its own.

If India lets Aaron go like this without giving him any confidence' date=' he will go back and become just another line-length bowler. We will miss the only bowler who could have given us the X-factor.[/quote'] Rotate him with others ..never said drop him
i still think bhuvi is good enough to play in team if not for anything else his ability to hold his own to some extent at death overs make him good enough to stay in team. in short i want shami and bhuvi to be rotated and third pacer to be given consistent run for 4-5 matches this way we can try yadav,pandey and aaron in short time we have left before world cup.. good news is yadav picked 5 wickets yesterday so he is finding some rhythm which is great news he is one guy which this team needs badly a bowler who can strike and take wickets quickly..otherwise we can try out ishwar pandey who has out performed every other bowler including shami in chances he got in a tours,practice matches and even domestc cricket ad is taller than other bowlers which will provide decent variation on its own.
Yadav picked a fifer you say. Vinnie has picked 3 fifers in 3 matches now. Must be a new Vijay Hazare record. And he singlehandedly destroyed the Rest of India team in the Irani trophy final. Sureshot pick for the next Test and ODI series now.
Yadav picked a fifer you say. Vinnie has picked 3 fifers in 3 matches now. Must be a new Vijay Hazare record. And he singlehandedly destroyed the Rest of India team in the Irani trophy final. Sureshot pick for the next Test and ODI series now.
i do not need to explain you difference between picking wickets at domestic level and international level point is yadav has shown plenty of times that he is good enough to get best of batsman in world even on dead tracks when he gets things rght but vinay has shown he is domestic bully and and will struggle to buy wickets at international level even if he is in best of form or even if he picks 100 wickets in ranji in a season..there lies the difference . 5 wickets mean nothing to me but to see yadav getting back in rhythm is big thing and wickets jsut show that he is getting things right. also yadav averages under 25 in ranjis so point if moot anyway he is wicket taker even in domestic your argument makes sense with guy like aaron or shukla but not yadav .

with a low score you dont take the match to the last over unless you are the batting team or you have a wasim akram set to bowl the last one. Lets not get into making a match of it after 245..fir to hame 200 bhi nahi banana chahiye tha..at 111/4 ....strategy should have been to not let this go more than 40 - 45 overs....but Kolhi messed it up big time there...loo back at 83 WC final and implement this Kolhi strategy..

i do not need to explain you difference between picking wickets at domestic level and international level point is yadav has shown plenty of times that he is good enough to get best of batsman in world even on dead tracks when he gets things rght but vinay has shown he is domestic bully and and will struggle to buy wickets at international level even if he is in best of form or even if he picks 100 wickets in ranji in a season..there lies the difference . 5 wickets mean nothing to me but to see yadav getting back in rhythm is big thing and wickets jsut show that he is getting things right. also yadav averages under 25 in ranjis so point if moot anyway he is wicket taker even in domestic your argument makes sense with guy like aaron or shukla but not yadav .
Arey go tell the selectors the same. I am just predicting what will happen, I am not saying I want it that way. Dhoni will anyway not play Yadav against England since Ishant has got those fifers.
with a low score you dont take the match to the last over unless you are the batting team or you have a wasim akram set to bowl the last one. Lets not get into making a match of it after 245..fir to hame 200 bhi nahi banana chahiye tha..at 111/4 ....strategy should have been to not let this go more than 40 - 45 overs....but Kolhi messed it up big time there...loo back at 83 WC final and implement this Kolhi strategy..
how ? he only bowled main bowlers he finsihed quota of quick bowlers before last over and quota of our best seamer in 48th over he clearly tried to finish game before last over and did not bowl one over of part timer..or was he not attacking enough ? from what i saw india dragged game back and actually got required rate up considerably until afridi fluked runs
Arey go tell the selectors the same. I am just predicting what will happen, I am not saying I want it that way. Dhoni will anyway not play Yadav against England since Ishant has got those fifers.
oh yeah but i am taking about what i feel they obviously are gonna drop pandey now for no reason and even aaron and might even bring back vinay or ishant in odis.. still feel pandey is quality and good enough to be in 11 ..
how ? he only bowled main bowlers he finsihed quota of quick bowlers before last over and quota of our best seamer in 48th over he clearly tried to finish game before last over and did not bowl one over of part timer..or was he not attacking enough ? from what i saw india dragged game back and actually got required rate up considerably until afridi fluked runs
by removing strike bowler around the 28th over...when you had pakistan 4 down and the next to come was Afridi..you brought in your pacers>>...thats where he made the plan to take it to the 50th over...he just attacked for on over on sohaib and hafeez..and then spread it up. which other good captain would have done this?
oh yeah but i am taking about what i feel they obviously are gonna drop pandey now for no reason and even aaron and might even bring back vinay or ishant in odis.. still feel pandey is quality and good enough to be in 11 ..
It will all depend on IPL performances I think, since the next ODI series is 6 months away.
by removing strike bowler around the 28th over...when you had pakistan 4 down and the next to come was Afridi..you brought in your pacers>>...thats where he made the plan to take it to the 50th over...he just attacked for on over on sohaib and hafeez..and then spread it up. which other good captain would have done this?
with required rate and way jaddu was bowling it was only thing he could have done and he still kept attacking its not test match where you can have slips through out but he did bring in bowlers to get wickets and they did not at that moment..pak played well lets give them credit too . in the end match was even until very last over even while defending lowish score on this track i am not gonna say it was greatest captaincy i ever saw but i am not complaining for ifs and buts he did well with resources he had and after good start pak got
It will all depend on IPL performances I think' date=' since the next ODI series is 6 months away.[/quote'] that would be stupid odis and t20's are so different .
with required rate and way jaddu was bowling it was only thing he could have done and he still kept attacking its not test match where you can have slips through out but he did bring in bowlers to get wickets and they did not at that moment..pak played well lets give them credit too . in the end match was even until very last over even while defending lowish score on this track i am not gonna say it was greatest captaincy i ever saw but i am not complaining for ifs and buts he did well with resources he had and after good start pak got that would be stupid odis and t20's are so different .
pak played well...but he played a faulty strategy...yes tactically he did some good things..but taking the game to the 50th over is a stupid strategy...you will lose 9 out of 10 times..
with required rate and way jaddu was bowling it was only thing he could have done and he still kept attacking its not test match where you can have slips through out but he did bring in bowlers to get wickets and they did not at that moment..pak played well lets give them credit too . in the end match was even until very last over even while defending lowish score on this track i am not gonna say it was greatest captaincy i ever saw but i am not complaining for ifs and buts he did well with resources he had and after good start pak got that would be stupid odis and t20's are so different .
That's how selections are done in India. No selector cares about Vijay Hazare or Deodhar or the Challenger.
pak played well...but he played a faulty strategy...yes tactically he did some good things..but taking the game to the 50th over is a stupid strategy...you will lose 9 out of 10 times..
it was not his decision to take game to 50 th over he kept his main bowlers on through out and got other team 9 down in last over so he clearly was going for wickets you can complain about this if pak won with 6 wickets in hand and if part timers bowled but he did everything what he was supposed to but to let the game go in 50th over was in hands of bowlers and pak batsman not his .