The Prodigal Son is back...

Ram

Bad news. Showape is their best player - the only guy who can win them matches singlehandedly. He may not bowl too many overs, but all he needs is 20 minutes to run through a batting lineup. The last time he played for Pakistan in SA, he did just that Anyway, regardless of whether he plays or not - India will still win both the Test series and the ODI's

Bad news. Showape is their best player - the only guy who can win them matches singlehandedly. He may not bowl too many overs, but all he needs is 20 minutes to run through a batting lineup. The last time he played for Pakistan in SA, he did just that Anyway, regardless of whether he plays or not - India will still win both the Test series and the ODI's
well if you think that even with Akhtar PAK will lose both the ODI and the test series then it shouldn't be seen as bad news.
It might be a good thing to go in to a series as underdogs but i would have to disgaree with you. In ODIs the PAK team looks a lot more settled than the Indians.In tests IND might have the edge but if the PAK fast bowlers can stay fit then even the test series will be very interesting.
For Pakistan ? Absolutely. They are at their best as underdogs. The '05 Test series being a good example. I disagree on both counts. PAK have just surrendered a 2-1 lead to SA and look like a team dependent on one or two individuals to perform. The batting lineup is turd without Yoosef, the bowling attack worthless without Asif and more importantly, Shoaib. India by contrast, played some good cricket collectively against AUS and in ENG last summer, so the ODI side isn't as bad as you may think. In addition to Yuvraj, Tendulkar, Ganguly's exploits, Uthappa, Gambhir, Kartik (Murali) are making an impression. There is also Pathan - a bowler who takes wickets for fun against PAK. Besides, India are playing at home, and most teams that arrived in India during the last two seasons - SL, SA (both were in unstoppable form before landing in India), ENG, WI - all went home empty handed - AUS being the exception, 'cos they are the best. PAK is no better than any of those teams which IND beat at home in recent years. In Test cricket PAK have no chance at all if recent form is anything to go by. PAK were humbled by SA - a team which comprehensively lost their last two test series in the subcontinent - whereas IND bossed ENG on their own turf for the majority of 3 tests. India go in as firm favourites and hopefully the captain; Tendulkar or Dhoni, whoever it may be - won't be as defensive as Ganguly was back in '05. Ganguly's meek, safety-first attitude (noy to mention his complete loss of firm) was the main reason why India could only manage a 1-1 draw

Good post Predz. But regardless of form or favs tag, I expect a closely fought series. I dont believe in the favorites tag before a Ind-Pak series. In 2004, we were the clear favs to win both the Test & ODI series, but the Test & ODI series were decided by the last game. In 2005 Test series and the 2006 ODI series, the underdogs had the last laff. I think both teams are evenly matched in a ODI series. In tests however, our batting lineup is far more experienced than theirs, which gives us the edge.