Counties drop referrel experiment

talksport

All that will happen if we the fans put down our feet and ask for it ... But if we keep drooling over inane bakwaas like - ohh its soo charming and all that - then yeah you will keep getting mugged every single oppurtunity ... Like I keep saying .... if there are people who dont mind getting shafted there will always be a set of people more than willing to do the honors. I obviously dont like my team getting shafted .... and nothing makes me more mad when someone tries to peddle me a system that is proven to be unjust in the garb of some old fuddy duddys spiel ... which was basically meant to keep control over the game .... Sorry not me ... Play hard but play fair and on a level playing field. And no there is absolutely no charm or fun or excitment in seeing a player hard done by ... no way jose.
drooling , inane bakwaas , mugged , shafted , unjust , old fuddy duddy spiel - What are you talking about BB ? seems as though you are the only one on this board , who thinks there is this grand conspiracy against Indians , to be honest.
Bumper,novpj,castled,yoda,gator,avi,Dada are all opponents of the current system. BUT Iam aslo the only one that is willing to go on a ball by ball basis ..... dont see anybody from your side (which is just you and Donny) upto it ... but it doesnt seem to stop anyone from laying allegations ... how does this work ? BTW didnt Aleem Dar just come up with a statement that he gave SRT out wrong in a crucial ODI ?
Just in case you didnt notice, all the other guys have mentioned are opposing the current system , or suggesting changes in it, for entirely different reasons than yours. Yes Aleem Dar admitted a mistake , So what ?
you know that they are not biased exactly how ? And yes they are biased because u dont end up on the wrong side almost every time if your theory was right. And where is the evidence for your theory ? The lack of it doesnt seem to deter you at all from saying anything you want.
I dont have theory BB , i am just saying the present system needs to stay , with lesser errors from the umpires and we make sure that there is no bias.
So What !!! well lets see we lost the match .... I guess u will say "So What if we lost " !!
You BB , you are a very hard man to debate with. You dont even seem to make an effort to see what others are saying. You just go and on about your own points alone.
didnt you say it all evens out ?
It doesnt even out in a match , but over a period of time. And i know you will respond with a lets do a series-by-series , ball-by-ball analysis, which i dont have time for.
How do you go about this ... lets see what you want to do. And how are you going to ensure there is no Bias considering how its impossible to read a umpires mind ?
Less errors -
Lets have a cursory glance at all the responsibilities that an umpire has Scoring based
  • Count the balls of an over
  • Signal fours and sixes
  • Look for over-stepping and declare wides
  • Declare byes and leg-byes
On field control
  • Make sure there are only 11 players on the field
  • Make sure the fielders arent placed out of their valid position ( like having 3 fielders behind square on the leg side)

• Keep a note of the number of overs bowled by an player so that he doesnt bowl more than his quota ( in case of ODIs)
On-field discipline
  • Make sure the pitch is not tampered
  • Guard against ball tampering
  • Ensure harmony amongst players on the field and stop incidents from blowing up.

Match regulations based

• Look out for bad light , and offer it to the batsman when needed
  • Inform captain of change in targets in case of duckworth lewis system being used
  • Keep a note of change in playing conditions like a wet outfield
There is a specific reason why i have highlighted certain points in bold. I feel that , in order to save the energy of an umpire and make sure he gets concentration right every ball so that he could crucial LBW decisions right , we must relieve him of some responsibilities that could be easily done by technology or the T.V umpire. At any point of the game , the umpire has to keep in mind MANY things. This could easily distract him and stop him from doing his primary job , that of getting decisions right , well. So here is what i propose we do. Counting balls , overs, signaling boundaries and keeping count of overs by different bowlers should be done by some other match official like the T.V umpire , who for most times , sits and idles away his time No-balls should be adjudged by technology. The single biggest impediment for an umpire to get an LBW decision right is that fact that he has to watch out for over-stepping and then immediately shift focus to the ball. We should use the latest available technology to determine if the bowler had overstepped The umpires responsibilities on the cricket field must be restricted to
  • Giving LBW and caught behind decisions
  • Declaring wides , byes and leg-byes
  • Ensuring on-field discipline
  • Stop ball and pitch tampering
  • Keeping track of playing and pitch conditions.

If we do this , I am pretty sure we would see a drastic reduction of errors in the LBW and caught behind decisions that an umpires make. This way, we achieve two targets with a single shot. Number one , we can please the purists of the game who feel an umpire is necessary to uphold the spirit of the game. Number two , we can also satisfy those who have been calling for umpires to be replaced by technology. After all , their genuine bone of contention is not against the umpire , but the mistakes he makes. If we can stop that from happening , i am sure they would also have no problem against having an on-field umpire. Cricket would be half-dead if we were to replace the man-in-white with a robotic camera. The key is to aide the umpires in decision making with appropriate use of technology so that the errors he makes would be minimized.

For more fairness - appoint neutral umpires. I have full faith in the integrity of individuals like Simon Taufel , David Shepeherd.
What were you trying to say when you retorted with "So what " ... ? And yeah Iam a hard ass ... as Iam not going to allow anyone to convince me that injustice is good.
This is not a criminal trial for God's sake. This is sport.
Sriram' date=' the next time your Teaching Assistant/Professor goofs up and gives you the wrong grade which affects your GPA, your career, and your chances in life take it sportingly as the human element adding charm to the examination system rather than asking for more fair and error free methods of evaluation.[/quote'] :haha: Will keep that in mind Proff...
Sriram' date=' the next time your Teaching Assistant/Professor goofs up and gives you the wrong grade which affects your GPA, your career, and your chances in life take it sportingly as the human element adding charm to the examination system rather than asking for more fair and error free methods of evaluation.[/quote'] :hysterical: