The whole Dravid thing

Holysmoke

Do I need to say that? SRT was a walking wicket during his worst phase. Let me leave you with following performance to ponder. 2004/05 against Australia 9th in batting average :tomato: 2004/05 against SA 6th in batting average 2004/05 against Pakistan 4th in batting average 2005/06 against SL 5th in batting average 2005/06 against Pakistan 10th in batting average :tomato: 2006 England SRT 9th in batting averages :tomato: And this man was NOT dropped. :hysterical::hysterical:
Again. Test cricket. I have said this same point atleast 5 times in this thread now. No use i guess.... Keep Laughing.
Why are you taking it in binary mode? Did i say performance is never a criteria?
Ok so performance is a criteria then for Tests ? So on performance a player who averaged 31.75 finishing 10th in the average list, behind Irfan Pathan, in the same time when players like Laxman, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Sehwag (who averaged better) were dropped for performance reasons, surely deserves to be dropped ? Not according to the Indian selectors, which makes your claim that Tendulkar would have also been dropped at best questionable, at worst BS!
Check your stats Man. He played Aussies at Sydney and hit a double century IN 04-05. Pak tour including the innings he didnt bat averaged at 32.
Huh, so you are looking at his exploits back in 2004 ? Thank goodness you didnt go back to 1998. Tendulkar has been a mediocre test bat, the worst of them all in the last 2 years period. Go back & read that list of averages i posted and let me know if you disagree
Tendulkar is our WORST TEST BATSMAN, in the last two years, finishing below Irfan Pathan, Dhoni & Yuvraj interms of average. Even interms of no. of runs he is SIXTH in the list, which doesnt say much, as people below him viz -- KKD, Ganguly, Yuvraj & Pathan, have all played far fewer no. of innings Some performance this!
WOW!!! Didnt know that. Must say it surprised me.
Ok so performance is a criteria then for Tests ? So on performance a player who averaged 31.75 finishing 10th in the average list, behind Irfan Pathan, in the same time when players like Laxman, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Sehwag (who averaged better) were dropped for performance reasons, surely deserves to be dropped ? Not according to the Indian selectors, which makes your claim that Tendulkar would have also been dropped at best questionable, at worst BS!
For tests, performance is a criteria, but it is not the sole criteria. Ability makes a difference.. You saw the Ind-Eng series. You know that Sach+Ganguly were robbed of big scores! I know, and so do the selectors, that Sachin has the ability and the motivation to come back. Thats why he is still there. Ganguly did not have the motivation to work on his game. Hence he was dropped. He worked on it,and he's back. Dravid has not been dropped from the test team. Sehwag, again, did not have the motivation to work on his game, (some people say brains). Zaheer did not have the motivation, dropped.
Ofcourse it is. But it is a bit diminished in importance as compared to ODI's.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Quote of the week - Test match performance is less in importance to ODI! Holy baba maaf karo, with such gems I can not debate...my bad :pray:
For tests, performance is a criteria, but it is not the sole criteria. Ability makes a difference.. You saw the Ind-Eng series. You know that Sach+Ganguly were robbed of big scores! I know, and so do the selectors, that Sachin has the ability and the motivation to come back. Thats why he is still there. Ganguly did not have the motivation to work on his game. Hence he was dropped. He worked on it,and he's back. Dravid has not been dropped from the test team. Sehwag, again, did not have the motivation to work on his game, (some people say brains). Zaheer did not have the motivation, dropped.
Ok so Tendulkar showed more motivation to work on his game (but may be not much ability:haha:) & therefore retained. Makes sense! And how did we measure the motivational energy he oozed during his innings ? From the kinetic energy he displayed in the alacrity with which he walked away as soon as he came to bat ?
Huh, so you are looking at his exploits back in 2004 ? Thank goodness you didnt go back to 1998. Tendulkar has been a mediocre test bat, the worst of them all in the last 2 years period. Go back & read that list of averages i posted and let me know if you disagree
My opinion is Tendulkar still carries the ability to represent india in the test team. Along with Laxman, Dravid, Sehwag, Karthik/Jaffer/Akash Chopra, Ganguly/Yuvraj and Dhoni. Ganguly,Tendulkar and Dravid should limit playing ODIs and should rotate playing max of 2 ODIs in each series.
My opinion is Tendulkar still carries the ability to represent india in the test team. Along with Laxman' date= Dravid, Sehwag, Karthik/Jaffer/Arun Chopra, Ganguly/Yuvraj and Dhoni. Ganguly,Tendulkar and Dravid should limit playing ODIs and should rotate playing max of 2 ODIs in each series.
But all those opinions must be backed by some facts. When he had medicore averages coming out of tennis elbow, injury was cited as the reason. Fair enuff. But now what ? Why is he not able to average even 40 against decent attacks ? And what good is his experience when he doesnt show up when we need him ? Remember Mumbai ? Remember Karachi ? Remember Durban ? Remember Capetown ? Replace this man with any youngster, the results wont be any worse.
But all those opinions must be backed by some facts. When he had medicore averages coming out of tennis elbow, injury was cited as the reason. Fair enuff. But now what ? Why is he not able to average even 40 against decent attacks ? And what good is his experience when he doesnt show up when we need him ? Remember Mumbai ? Remember Karachi ? Remember Durban ? Remember Capetown ? Replace this man with any youngster, the results wont be any worse.
Well the simple reasoning is there is none in the team other than Tenulkar, Dravid or Laxman who can hit a century in Australian soil during the coming series. It is as simple as that! You need skills not just playing power to succeed in Australia and these three have proved it in Test matches. Badrinath, Tiwary blokes should be groomed in the home soil before getting shipped on away tours.
HS' date=' you are kidding me. Let me put the question back to you - on what grounds was Dravid dropped? Explain that to me first and then we will talk[/quote'] Extreme non performance. Very bad body language? He was totally out of sorts. I was telling you(you or bw0i or shewag, dont remember now), that the way he's playing, even I feel I can get him out. Completely, totally out of sorts.
Extreme non performance. Very bad body language? He was totally out of sorts. I was telling you(you or bw0i or shewag, dont remember now), that the way he's playing, even I feel I can get him out. Completely, totally out of sorts.
Firstly, your statement abt body language is BS - by that yardstick Sreesanth or Andre Nel would be your MVP Yes, he did not make runs in the last series against Aus - he had 4 bad matches and is dropped. Tone your hyperbole down a level and then see who you are talking about. What was the reason cited for him being dropped? 1. Rest BS - because he is out there playing a comestic match 2. Sehwag ROFL 3. 6 openers in the team What kind of "balance" does that lend to the team. This is politics plain and simple. I am not going to have any further conversation/debate on this issue because there is simply no point. So if you still stick to your views, fair enough - i just completely disagree.
Holysmoke has the weirdest metrics to evaluate a player. if (Tendulkar) and (Test match) ignore performance; dimnish perf effect; :D ignore average for last 2 years; ignore his 4th Inn choking;
:hysterical::hysterical: yep Mumbaiya bias does funny things to people kyon Holy Baba? Online I agree with your simple and straight reasons
1. Rest BS - because he is out there playing a comestic match 2. Sehwag ROFL 3. 6 openers in the team What kind of "balance" does that lend to the team. This is politics plain and simple.
Firstly, your statement abt body language is BS - by that yardstick Sreesanth or Andre Nel would be your MVP Yes, he did not make runs in the last series against Aus - he had 4 bad matches and is dropped. Tone your hyperbole down a level and then see who you are talking about. What was the reason cited for him being dropped? 1. Rest BS - because he is out there playing a comestic match 2. Sehwag ROFL 3. 6 openers in the team What kind of "balance" does that lend to the team. This is politics plain and simple. I am not going to have any further conversation/debate on this issue because there is simply no point. So if you still stick to your views, fair enough - i just completely disagree.
He has scored a sum total of 80 runs in his last 10 games. The main reason why he has been dropped is non-performance. If he had performed, he wouldnt be dropped. If he wasnt dropped, we would be here criticizing the selection committe, for picking someone who averages 8.88 in his last 10 innings.
He has scored a sum total of 80 runs in his last 10 games. The main reason why he has been dropped is non-performance. If he had performed, he wouldnt be dropped. If he wasnt dropped, we would be here criticizing the selection committe, for picking someone who averages 8.88 in his last 10 innings.
I should not even be wasting my time on such a stupid post - anyways I did spend some time to do my own research. First up - Here is a list of Dravid's scores in the last 10 innings he played 7, 0, 13, 0, 31, 0, 4, 24, 1, 56. Sum of the above string of numbers = 136 ( and not 80!) So your first statement is incorrect. oh by the way, if u expand your window by just 1 more match, he made a 92 not out - but let us conveniently ignore that - and move on :) okay, so now, let us talk abt the best batsman - my favorite and no doubt urs too - I'm talking abt Sachin. Let us apply the exact same yardstick - sum total over 10 innings. There are at least 4 occasions, when Sachin has scored LESS THAN 136 in 10 consecutive innings - the sum totals are 107 114 127 129 I have this calculated from an excel sheet which I will be happy to send across to you. Now Sachin is the best batsman - period - even he had such "lean" patches of form - 4 times I know I know - for some1 with 15K runs, such patches are bound to occur - class is permanent - form is temporary sadly none of that applies if you have scored ONLY 10K runs -tch tch
Well the simple reasoning is there is none in the team other than Tenulkar' date=' Dravid or Laxman who can hit a century in Australian soil during the coming series. It is as simple as that! You need skills not just playing power to succeed in Australia and these three have proved it in Test matches. Badrinath, Tiwary blokes should be groomed in the home soil before getting shipped on away tours.[/quote'] Century in Australia ?:haha: I'll bump this thread up for your reading pleasure after the test series Down Under. For a start, lets set our sights a bit low. How about a century vs Pakistan at home ?