The whole Dravid thing

Holysmoke

Whats the big deal. Last I heard, everyone was saying that performance matters, not the senior junior crap. Dravid didnt perform, and so he's out. Whats the fuss about? If SRT didnt perform, he would've been out too. Ganguly didnt perform to expectations, nobody did. But atleast he did have some kind of a performance. Dravid had none. Zero. Nada. So he should be out right? Wasnt that what everyone was saying? Now that its been put into action, everyone is backing off? Convenient eh?

They should have worked out a deal with these senior players to allow them to retire after playing a home game instead of such mysterious circumstances. A guy who has played 300 ODIs atleast deserves a farewell game.
You know how it works. He'll be playing ODI's 3-5, with SRT or SCG being dropped.(Whoever doesnt perform)
Whats the big deal. Last I heard' date=' everyone was saying that performance matters, not the senior junior crap. Dravid didnt perform, and so he's out. Whats the fuss about? [b']If SRT didnt perform, he would've been out too. Ganguly didnt perform to expectations, nobody did. But atleast he did have some kind of a performance. Dravid had none. Zero. Nada. So he should be out right? Wasnt that what everyone was saying? Now that its been put into action, everyone is backing off? Convenient eh?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That exactly is the issue here. Dravid was dropped while SRT wasnt. Dravid had one poor series, his last 5 series averages are - 37.1, 37.3, 64, 40, 35, 70. On the other hand when SRT was going through a slump here were his numbers - 21,20,33,38 (in Test cricket). Put it simply SRT survives because of Godfather(s), Dravid didnt have one so thats that. And by the way you must be kidding if you think people are making a big deal, frankly very few even give a damn, more so with the rumours that SRT is going to be the skipper. Dont be surprised if SRT has become one of the most-disliked fellas today, a complete turnaroun from the favorite son of India days. xxx
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That exactly is the issue here. Dravid was dropped while SRT wasnt. Dravid had one poor series, his last 5 series averages are - 37.1, 37.3, 64, 40, 35, 70. On the other hand when SRT was going through a slump here were his numbers - 21,20,33,38 (in Test cricket). Put it simply SRT survives because of Godfather(s), Dravid didnt have one so thats that. And by the way you must be kidding if you think people are making a big deal, frankly very few even give a damn, more so with the rumours that SRT is going to be the skipper. Dont be surprised if SRT has become one of the most-disliked fellas from the favorite son of India. xxx
You dont realise the difference between ODI and Test cricket? Dravid isnt dropped from the test team, and wont be for a long time. Test cricket is where the real ability stands out, and we all know that both SRT and Dravid have tons of ability. Chootia cricketers can make it in ODI cricket, but not in test cricket.

Besides it's less about resting and more about the way it was done. If they don't want him...let them come out and say that he is not in the odi team. What is this resting only for 2 odis thingy.....? If he is still under consideration ...then why wasn't he told to play challengers?How is he going to regain form sitting at home? Besides Vengsarkar's dislike for RD is far too obvious. The least he could have done is taken RD into confidence and let him know their plan for him for future.The man vengsarker is too small to think of this basic courtesy to a man who is undoubtedly one of the best cricketers this country has produced.They are not dealing with some parasite here...they are dealing with a man who gave up captaincy willingly ....and hasn't made an issue of it. That is what the pople are upset about. About small people in big places letting power go to their head.

Besides it's less about resting and more about the way it was done. That is what the pople are upset about. About small people in big places letting power go to their head.
Yea, thats a good point. But a different one. If all the hulla gulla is for that, then its a totally different case.... but im not sure it is..
You dont realise the difference between ODI and Test cricket? Dravid isnt dropped from the test team' date=' and wont be for a long time. Test cricket is where the real ability stands out, and we all know that both SRT and Dravid have tons of ability. Chootia cricketers can make it in ODI cricket, but not in test cricket.[/quote'] And you conviniently overlooked the simple fact that Sachin was not dropped when he SUCKED. Again I ask you, two players with following averages. Player 1: 37.1, 37.3, 64, 40, Player 2: 21, 20, 33, 38 Who should be dropped? xxx
And you conviniently overlooked the simple fact that Sachin was not dropped when he SUCKED. Again I ask you, two players with following averages. Player 1: 37.1, 37.3, 64, 40, Player 2: 21, 20, 33, 38 Who should be dropped? xxx
If its test cricket, then past records matter, ability matters, how the player looked in the middle, body language, etc all matters! Average is not the end point! Even in ODI cricket, Body language and all matters. Mode of dismissal also is a big issue!
And you conviniently overlooked the simple fact that Sachin was not dropped when he SUCKED. Again I ask you, two players with following averages. Player 1: 37.1, 37.3, 64, 40, Player 2: 21, 20, 33, 38 Who should be dropped? xxx
And how the hell did i overlook the issue? my whole post explained it, where the ability matters. Sachin had the ability, and the selectors had faith in his ability.. and it was test cricket, where ability matters more than ODI cricket. Hence he wasnt dropped!
And how the hell did i overlook the issue? my whole post explained it' date=' where the ability matters. Sachin had the ability, and the selectors had faith in his ability.. and it was test cricket, where ability matters more than ODI cricket. Hence he wasnt dropped![/quote'] You started by stating Dravid's ODI performance. Now you have switched to SRT's ability in tests. And that is exactly the double standard that Lurker is talking about. SRT was a joke in tests prior to the SA series and deserved to be dropped. The fact that he survived and has done well of late is good for Indian cricket. But at that point the guy was a walking wicket in tests.
You started by stating Dravid's ODI performance. Now you have switched to SRT's ability in tests. And that is exactly the double standard that Lurker is talking about. SRT was a joke in tests prior to the SA series and deserved to be dropped. The fact that he survived and has done well of late is good for Indian cricket. But at that point the guy was a walking wicket in tests.
You guys dont realize my point!!! What i was trying to say was that there are different yardsticks to judge for ODI's and Tests. So yes, we have 2 standards, one for ODI's and one for Tests. Now read my points again! In ODI's performance is a bigger factor than in Tests, whereas in Tests, ability is a bigger factor!

Agreed on the OP. But you turned the OP into one helluva humous rant, with this nugget!

Whats the fuss about? If SRT didnt perform, he would've been out too.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:, since when did performance become a criteria for the lil man ? The fact that he is considered a certainity in both forms of the game, inspite of his horrible run in Tests is proof by itself. Performance matters only if your lastname is not Tendulkar.
You started by stating Dravid's ODI performance. Now you have switched to SRT's ability in tests. And that is exactly the double standard that Lurker is talking about. SRT was a joke in tests prior to the SA series and deserved to be dropped. The fact that he survived and has done well of late is good for Indian cricket. But at that point the guy was a walking wicket in tests.
When did that happen ?
Agreed on the OP. But you turned the OP into one helluva humous rant, with this nugget! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:, since when did performance become a criteria for the lil man ? The fact that he is considered a certainity in both forms of the game, inspite of his horrible run in Tests is proof by itself. Performance matters only if your lastname is not Tendulkar.
Why dont u read my posts about differentiating wrt tests and odi's?
If its test cricket' date= then past records matter, ability matters, how the player looked in the middle, body language, etc all matters! Average is not the end point! Even in ODI cricket, Body language and all matters. Mode of dismissal also is a big issue!
Yes of course it does.:haha::haha: Which is why you would not able to understand why people have issues with Dravid being kicked out and not SRT. xxx