Roland Garros 2014 - Rafa and Maria are the champs!

bones

The Rafa fans keep saying this, but there isn't enough evidence to suggest he is. Fed has more WTFs which to me rank above masters events but below slams as the points system indicates.
You can keep crying and make remarks. Shows your maturity levels.

You can keep crying and make remarks. Shows your maturity levels.
I have given up on him and Muloghonto who thinks Nadal is a left handed version of Michael Chang with 10% more power. Even Chang himself would call that retarded. :cantstop:

The Rafa fans keep saying this, but there isn't enough evidence to suggest he is. Fed has more WTFs which to me rank above masters events but below slams as the points system indicates.
Fed has a poor head-to-head against Nadal which is what gets Nadal fans excited. :winky:

I have given up on him and Muloghonto who thinks Nadal is a left handed version of Michael Chang with 10% more power. Even Chang himself would call that retarded. :cantstop:
I don't have a problem when people don't consider him as the best. But, the constant names calling, undermining every acheivement of his, calling him cheat , making all kinds of non sensical jibes is what I hate. I am a huge Rafa fan but that doesn't mean I undermine Roger. Heck what have we even achieved in our lives compared to these folks? It's like these folks have a problem with accepting whatever Rafa has achieved.

I don't have a problem when people don't consider him as the best. But, the constant names calling, undermining every acheivement of his, calling him cheat , making all kinds of non sensical jibes is what I hate. I am a huge Rafa fan but that doesn't mean I undermine Roger. Heck what have we even achieved in our lives compared to these folks? It's like these folks have a problem with accepting whatever Rafa has achieved.
His achievements are awesome, in fact too awesome to be believable. Example A - Del Potro, injured, when he comes back takes him several months to get back to peak physical fitness and match fitness. Even then shows signs of injury. Example B - Murray, injured, when he comes back shows signs of his former form, but even after 5 months still not at optimum fitness. Example C - Tipsarevic, injured, when he comes back nowhere near the player he was before injury, losing to guys he was beating before. (Lower ranked guys). Example D - Nadal, injured, out for months and then comes back and beats everyone for fun. Reaching finals and beating the top players on tour. That's a small sample and the injuries are different in each case. I could use many more examples as well across different sports too, but I think that would just prove my point even more so. Of the four examples which one is the odd one out?

Fed has a poor head-to-head against Nadal which is what gets Nadal fans excited. :winky:
The H2H is a joke really because they are in a different generation. Rafa is not in Fed's generation of players he is in Novak's. The H2H is something you look at after you've been through the main achievements. First you consider the Grand Slams, then the WTFs, then perhaps Olympic medals and then the 1000 and 500 events. Once you've looked at that, then you look at the H2H, how many times a player was knocked out 1R or 2R, then stuff like their consistency in slams ie. how many times they reached SF and Finals. So according to that Djokovic is not even close to Nadal, there is daylight between those two. There is also a gap, not as big, but big between Nadal and Federer. Nadal is closing on the slam count, but he is a long way behind in terms of WTF. A couple more slams and a few WTF he goes to the top.

His achievements are awesome, in fact too awesome to be believable. Example A - Del Potro, injured, when he comes back takes him several months to get back to peak physical fitness and match fitness. Even then shows signs of injury. Example B - Murray, injured, when he comes back shows signs of his former form, but even after 5 months still not at optimum fitness. Example C - Tipsarevic, injured, when he comes back nowhere near the player he was before injury, losing to guys he was beating before. (Lower ranked guys). Example D - Nadal, injured, out for months and then comes back and beats everyone for fun. Reaching finals and beating the top players on tour. That's a small sample and the injuries are different in each case. I could use many more examples as well across different sports too, but I think that would just prove my point even more so. Of the four examples which one is the odd one out?
You can keep harping about this and that. The players you have named are not even half of what Rafa is. Not even in terms of Tennis or mentally. I mean you are giving my Tipsarevic's example? I have seen him play live, he was good but Rafa's in a different league brother. If nothing else, this does prove Rafa's greatness doesn't it? You would anyways agree coz kanspiracy theories seems to be your middle name.

The H2H is a joke really because they are in a different generation. Rafa is not in Fed's generation of players he is in Novak's. The H2H is something you look at after you've been through the main achievements. First you consider the Grand Slams, then the WTFs, then perhaps Olympic medals and then the 1000 and 500 events. Once you've looked at that, then you look at the H2H, how many times a player was knocked out 1R or 2R, then stuff like their consistency in slams ie. how many times they reached SF and Finals. So according to that Djokovic is not even close to Nadal, there is daylight between those two. There is also a gap, not as big, but big between Nadal and Federer. Nadal is closing on the slam count, but he is a long way behind in terms of WTF. A couple more slams and a few WTF he goes to the top.
It's not a joke. Infact, when Rafa made his debut Federer was at his peak. So,it was advantage Federer when the rivalry began. There have been more clay court matches which Rafa obviosuly has won but they are even on hard courts as well. The count could have been different had their been more grass court matches. But, coulda woulda doesn't work in the real world bro.

It's not a joke. Infact' date=' when Rafa made his debut Federer was at his peak. So,it was advantage Federer when the rivalry began. There have been more clay court matches which Rafa obviosuly has won but they are even on hard courts as well. The count could have been different had their been more grass court matches. But, coulda woulda doesn't work in the real world bro.[/quote'] Only one thing will count in 20 years from now. The number of grand slams. Until Rafa has 17, he's not going to be in the same category. Does anyone now talk about Sampras's H2H vs his rivals? No. Does anyone now talk about Laver's H2H vs his rivals? No. Does anyone now talk about Bjorg's H2H vs his rivals? No. All they talk about is the slam count.

Only one thing will count in 20 years from now. The number of grand slams. Until Rafa has 17, he's not going to be in the same category. Does anyone now talk about Sampras's H2H vs his rivals? No. Does anyone now talk about Laver's H2H vs his rivals? No. Does anyone now talk about Bjorg's H2H vs his rivals? No. All they talk about is the slam count.
Who's even saying that is the GOAT? All I said is the discussion is not as unipolar as it used to be. Rafa is the only one who has a realistic chance of usurping Roger's slam count. He's definitely closing in. Infact if he plans his career properly from now onwards, he may have a chance of going past roger. Anyways, even of he does, would you then accept that he's the GOAT? Or then the Tour finals count start being important?

Who's even saying that is the GOAT? All I said is the discussion is not as unipolar as it used to be. Rafa is the only one who has a realistic chance of usurping Roger's slam count. He's definitely closing in. Infact if he plans his career properly from now onwards, he may have a chance of going past roger. Anyways, even of he does, would you then accept that he's the GOAT? Or then the Tour finals count start being important?
If it's 17 all then you look at other achievements and since the next more valuable title at 1500 is the WTF, that would be it. Then the number of 1000 events. If Rafa is 16 and Fed is 17, obviously Fed. If Rafa ends up with 18 or more, he will have settled the deal.

If it's 17 all then you look at other achievements and since the next more valuable title at 1500 is the WTF, that would be it. Then the number of 1000 events. If Rafa is 16 and Fed is 17, obviously Fed. If Rafa ends up with 18 or more, he will have settled the deal.
You seem to work only in if and else loops don't you? Anyways, you go ahead and think whatever you feel like. But, so much hatred is not good that too for someone whom you barely know :winky: Enjoy your day!