Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

If atleast they behaved like students in the parliament :cantstop: Have you ever been to a gramabsabha in your life? Atleast go once and see. This is exactly the model that is followed. Of course, Modi is a superior official to the MPs, he is like a village elder, and in a meeting, if someone wants to express their views, they get up and speak. That is the tradition. And schools teach good manners. Respect those who are superior to you (respect, not worship) Tell me - where there any particular specific instances/suggestions where an MP was completely disregarded or ignored? For me that's the issue that matters more. not how they were seated or how they presented their stuff. Is it that critics are so short of actual issues that they have to resort to these things?
Modi is not a King and these MPs are not his subjects.

CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive RT @IBNLiveRealtime NDA government considering Bharat Ratna for former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, BSP founder Kanshiram: sources Targeting Dalit votes with Bharat Ratna for Kanshiram.
:cantstop: Had he not been there - then the criticism would be "dalits and minorities ignored" BTW suggest you read upon Kanshiram's life. A well educated person, who worked up his way as a social reformer first and politician next.

:whack: Please focus on the real issues like the cure of diseases using homepathy. :beee: OvFmfbvI5XA
Thats two former CMs (Bhagat Singh Koshyari and Maj. Gen Khanduri) and at least one Cabinet Minister (Dr. Harshwardhan) I see in that video - all behaving like they are talking to their King who is sitting on a raised platform in front of them.

Modi is not a King and these MPs are not his subjects.
Is the teacher in a class a king? Is the village sarpanch a king? As I said, go and see how gramsabhas are conducted in your village wards. Please. Let us debate issues, real issues. Not stupid stuff like these. MPs have their respect for Modi, the PM. They show their respect like how juniors show respect to seniors in traditional indian context.

:cantstop: Had he not been there - then the criticism would be "dalits and minorities ignored" BTW suggest you read upon Kanshiram's life. A well educated person, who worked up his way as a social reformer first and politician next.
I'm not criticizing it. He certainly deserves it. I'm just saying that BJP isn't exactly considering it because he deserves it but because they are in a strong position in UP and they want some of BSP's Dalit votes.

Thats two former CMs (Bhagat Singh Koshyari and Maj. Gen Khanduri) and at least one Cabinet Minister (Dr. Harshwardhan) I see in that video - all behaving like they are talking to their Kind who is sitting on a raised platform in front of them.
Isn't there a quote about to judge a man's character to the way he reacts to people under his power?

Thats two former CMs (Bhagat Singh Koshyari and Maj. Gen Khanduri) and at least one Cabinet Minister (Dr. Harshwardhan) I see in that video - all behaving like they are talking to their Kind who is sitting on a raised platform in front of them.
:cantstop: I'm really missing Advani as a Cabinet minister... Would've loved him to stand and give his progress report to Modi...

Is the teacher in a class a king? Is the village sarpanch a king? As I said, go and see how gramsabhas are conducted in your village wards. Please. Let us debate issues, real issues. Not stupid stuff like these. MPs have their respect for Modi, the PM. They show their respect like how juniors show respect to seniors in traditional indian context.
This is neither a class nor a gramsabha. Its is the Prime Minister talking with elected Members of Parliament. I find it disrespectful to the MPs to be treated in this manner.

I'm not criticizing it. He certainly deserves it. I'm just saying that BJP isn't exactly considering it because he deserves it but because they are in a strong position in UP and they want some of BSP's Dalit votes.
Any substantiation for that? Any good thing done for a deserving dalit is appeasement? So I guess then appointing Abdul Kalam as President was to woo muslim voters? Unbelievable how badly has the discourse on politics has stooped, thanks to our media. They are respecting his achievements - and his work as a social reformer.

This is neither a class nor a gramsabha. Its is the Prime Minister talking with elected Members of Parliament. I find it disrespectful to the MPs to be treated in this manner.
I've no issues with it... How he gets his job done us not my issue... I wouldn't like photographers running around in that hall taking photos though...these things can be done in private... No need to publicise..

I've no issues with it... How he gets his job done us not my issue... I wouldn't like photographers running around in that hall taking photos though...these things can be done in private... No need to publicise..
What does it say - given the fact that it is publicized?

Seriously? How is a meeting between MPs and PM any different from a gramasabha? please enlighten? Both involve drawing attention of relevant superiors to issues of consideration, isn't it? Oh now you're saying MPs are elite class and common people / grama sabha guys are cattle class? All these are fractal forms of governance, just to enlighten you. It is mere tradition to stand up and talk in a public gathering, especially if you're expressing your ideas from the audience. Such elitist attitude.

What does it say - given the fact that it is publicized?
Depends upon which camp you are on and what are you looking for... Those who only care the end result won't mind the process and it's publicity to a large extent.. However those who are looking for every excuse to biatches about would find any issue to criticise as they don't care about end results.. It's like AAP followers completely ignoring the daily negative news about AAP as they hope that one day the end result will be good...

:hysterical: @ the argument that we need to treat our MPs more respectfully, the same guys who doesn't allow someone to complete his sentence the same guys who doesn't hesitate to resort to hooliganism and rush into the well of the parliament and shout slogans? the same guys who threaten the speakers and other members in the parliament? the same guys who use pepper sprays in the parliament? the same guys who hardly attend parliament in the first place, and uses "boycotts" to ensure an early day of work? Fantastic.

Seriously? How is a meeting between MPs and PM any different from a gramasabha? please enlighten? Both involve drawing attention of relevant superiors to issues of consideration, isn't it? Oh now you're saying MPs are elite class and common people / grama sabha guys are cattle class? All these are fractal forms of governance, just to enlighten you. It is mere tradition to stand up and talk in a public gathering, especially if you're expressing your ideas from the audience. Such elitist attitude.
Really? Thats what you read in my post?? Well, I have never seen the PM sitting on a raised platform like a teacher (or maybe, a a king) and MPs being asked to give reports in this manner. The PM, along with the MPs, usually sits at a table with the PM at the head of it. But then again, they already said he was authoritarian so we'll see more of this in the future.

Really? Thats what you read in my post?? Well, I have never seen the PM sitting on a raised platform like a teacher (or maybe, a a king) and MPs being asked to give reports in this manner. The PM, along with the MPs, usually sits at a table with the PM at the head of it. But then again, they already said he was authoritarian so we'll see more of this in the future.
Sorry sir, we aren't talking about 20 MPs, BJP alone has got 272 MPs in the parliament. Would require a rather long table for it, don't you think? The raised structure for the MP is for him to be visible by everyone in the audience. And people get up to speak to him due to a combination of "attention-seeking (in a positive way" and "reverence" for the chair. As I asked earlier - authoritarianism isn't one where one guy sits on a pedestal, its where genuine recommendations of his subordinates aren't given respect and instead his own views are imposed upon them. I request you to provide atleast one such instance that happened in that meeting. Please.