Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

Why is it you seem to lose your sense whenever the topic involves Modi? There is a big difference between raising your opinion and doing publicity stunts to gain attention. Sure, every citizen has the right to raise his/her opinion about a person. I don't have a problem with UR just criticizing Modi. But him making threats is completely undone, and then doing a U-turn on his threat after the verdict, shows the hypocrisy. He had his controversies and bashing Modi, doesn't absolve him from those anti-Hindu actions. It's actually good that you have talked about accepting opinions. Surely, you remember Lata Mangeshkar and her backing for Modi last year. It caused an angry reaction from various political parties and liberals. So why weren't many able to digest and accept her own opinion about praise for Modi? So anybody can criticize Modi but praising him is not possible. If anyone can criticize Modi, surely anyone can praise Modi as well. But unfortunately, as seen in the election campaign, anybody openly praising Modi were quickly oppressed and ridiculed. It works both ways, but many just wanted complusive Modi bashing. And about Lalu, we now have once arch rivals, JDU members hilariously talking on TV debates on how Lalu has done great things for Bihar and together they will defeat Modi. So with Modi bashing, anybody can become a nice and noble person for liberals and the secular gang.
That is nothing. Amitabh Bachchan was criticized for appearing in Gujarat tourism ads ! All kinds of motives were imputed. Ratan Tata wasn't spared either.

Seems like AAPians haven't learned anything. In LS 2014, the public rejected such idea and all parties connected Congress. Your AAP party took support from the corrupted Congress party and paid a heavy price for it. So your own party forgotten about the corruption and were greedy for power. Just because you like to label yourself as secular doesn't make you are one and also your own vote-bank and divisive agenda aren't hidden from the public. The public stopped you this LS election and will again stop you future elections as well. The secular fooling game is no longer gonna work in India.
With initiatives like "Love Jihad" in UP there are hardly any doubts remained that how BJP polarized people in the name of religion which they disguised under cover of Development agenda. Looking at the communal situation in UP since Modi came to power, whole thing has got exposed. I have full confidence on Indian populace commitment towards secularism in the country. Modi's win in this election is one-off case which was more caused by inept leadership of Congress. But things are unfolding, I am sure this win would remain nothing more than an aberration on the secular credentials of the country which would be corrected at the first available opportunity. Need of the hour is for all non-communal parties to come together and fend-off this threat to the fundamental democratic structure of the country.

That is nothing. Amitabh Bachchan was criticized for appearing in Gujarat tourism ads ! All kinds of motives were imputed. Ratan Tata wasn't spared either.
Yes, that's my point. When people talk about freedom of speech and expression, they should remember such actions under the previous UPA government. In the last 10 years, a lot of oppression was done particular related to Modi where people were criticized for eating, seeing, or talking with Modi. Last 10 years were very harsh and bad times for our freedom.

With initiatives like "Love Jihad" in UP there are hardly any doubts remained that how BJP polarized people in the name of religion which they disguised under cover of Development agenda. Looking at the communal situation in UP since Modi came to power, whole thing has got exposed. I have full confidence on Indian populace commitment towards secularism in the country. Modi's win in this election is one-off case which was more caused by inept leadership of Congress. But things are unfolding, I am sure this win would remain nothing more than an aberration on the secular credentials of the country which would be corrected at the first available opportunity. Need of the hour is for all non-communal parties to come together and fend-off this threat to the fundamental democratic structure of the country.
People of the country are not fools. Who will believe that Congress is not communal, or SP is not communal, or RJD, BSP and DMK are not casteist ? You are railing about BJP in UP, but conveniently forget that people like Laloo Yadav and Mayawati have been using the choicest abuses for various upper castes in Bihar. Just two days ago the Chief Minister of Bihar said that dalit men should marry upper caste women to increase the lower caste population. But that is perfectly OK for "pseculars".

It was a sacred site for the villagers. Only a pervert would urinate on a sacred site. This is what he had said:
I got the ghost account from the first few minutes of that video. Do you understand Kannada? What you claim is not what was said.

Of course, liberals and secular gang will "spin" everything. A harsh reality and big threat like "Love Jihad" is now a presented as just a polarizing issue. Instead of addressing and solving such threats, you want them to remain unsolved as you need to practice vote-bank politics and do your appeasement policies over it. I have no respect for you when you don't have any respect for people's verdict. The people rejected Congress and its allies (eg. AAP) for doing corrupt, vote-bank and actually communal politics. They choose the path of development instead. Modi has won elections 4 times on the row and it's due to a track record of governance. I really pity for you, as you aren't see the obvious due to your Kejriwal love-in. Another point, fact is all so called "secular" parties were already in it together for the LS 2014 elections, it was Modi vs the rest, and the verdict was very clear with Modi winning. Need of the hour is for you to quit scaring people and stop your divisive vote-bank politics which has created the communal divide.

People of the country are not fools. Who will believe that Congress is not communal, or SP is not communal, or RJD, BSP and DMK are not casteist ? You are railing about BJP in UP, but conveniently forget that people like Laloo Yadav and Mayawati have been using the choicest abuses for various upper castes in Bihar. Just two days ago the Chief Minister of Bihar said that dalit men should marry upper caste women to increase the lower caste population. But that is perfectly OK for "pseculars".
Once again you are spreading your false poisonous propaganda by giving false and wrong facts. You should be warned for this which you have been doing repeatedly. His statement was, marry outside caste and you twisted that to "dalit men should marry upper caste women". http://www.financialexpress.com/news/bihar-cm-churns-dalit-row-says-marry-outside-caste-to-raise-population/1281743 http://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/bihar-cm-urges-dalits-to-marry-outside-caste-1.1375247 Don't take so much liberty with facts and try to vitiate the atmosphere.

I can fully understand what he would have done. In villages and uneducated areas boundary between religion and superstitions become very thin. people start worshipping some Peepal tree and keep taking sicks to that tree instead of taking them to doctors. There is nothing religious or sacred about these places. Just plain superstitions. In my village people suffering from mental diseaeses would be taken to 2-3 temples or baba's near by and sufferers would keep suffering. Whatever efforts are required to kill such superstitions must be made. Religious fanatics would have vested interests in keeping these people hooked onto these superstitions. URA must be lauded what he did to make people come out of these false beliefs.
According to the video which seedhi posted, it was a stone which promoted fear of haunting amongst the villagers. So it was not even holy and he was doing them a favor by breaking the superstition.

Why is it you seem to lose your sense whenever the topic involves Modi? There is a big difference between raising your opinion and doing publicity stunts to gain attention. Sure, every citizen has the right to raise his/her opinion about a person. I don't have a problem with UR just criticizing Modi. But him making threats is completely undone, and then doing a U-turn on his threat after the verdict, shows the hypocrisy. He had his controversies and bashing Modi, doesn't absolve him from those anti-Hindu actions. It's actually good that you have talked about accepting opinions. Surely, you remember Lata Mangeshkar and her backing for Modi last year. It caused an angry reaction from various political parties and liberals. Why weren't many able to digest and accept her own opinion then? So anybody can criticize Modi but praising him is not possible. If anyone can criticize Modi, surely anyone can praise Modi as well. But unfortunately, as seen in the election campaign, everybody who openly praised Modi were quickly oppressed and ridiculed. It works both ways, but many just wanted complusive Modi bashing. And about Lalu, we now have once arch rivals, JDU members hilariously talking on TV debates on how Lalu has done great things for Bihar and together they will defeat Modi. So with Modi bashing, anybody can become a nice and noble person for liberals and the secular gang.
And I ask you again - in what way was that a publicity stunt? For what exactly did he need publicity? I don't have a problem with anyone supporting Modi - its their personal view and if they support him bcoz of their own genuine reasons then good for them.. Really???? Have you had your eyes closed for the last one year? Modi Bhakts' view has been that if someone praises Modi then it is ALWAYS for a genuine reason and not bcoz of publicity etc but if someone criticizes Modi then it is ALWAYS bcoz the person is, in the words of Seedhi, "attention-whoare, and was a coward and a hypocrite to boot. " BTW, talking of Nitish Kumar - till the time he as in NDA, Modi Bhakts couldn't see anything wrong in him but the moment he left, they started criticizing his rule in Bihar, forgetting that BJP had been a part of the Govt in Bihar till 2013. Hypocrisy?

Answer my two questions.. 1. Are you aware of Tagore's stature in Bengali literature? 2. Have you read any of Tagore's original work? Just give answer in Yes and No. Don't try to obfuscate the matter.
Did I say anywhere that I know Tagore's works and try to take a high pedestal? Are you seriously having comprehension issues? You seem to be like Rahul Gandhi, repeating my questions to me. :cantstop:

No. Lalu hasn't become noble figure. But there are graver dangers which is being posed in front of the country in form of divisive forces. There is greater need to stop these forces and any alliance which can potentially stop these forces should be supported.
:cantstop: So are you implying the guys who voted for NDA last election are all fools?

Did I say anywhere that I know Tagore's works and try to take a high pedestal? Are you seriously having comprehension issues? You seem to be like Rahul Gandhi, repeating my questions to me. :cantstop:
Don't try to wriggle out by selling dummy. Answer my questions in yes or no.

Don't try to wriggle out by selling dummy. Answer my questions in yes or no.
There is no bloody reaosn to answer your questions because those are totally irrelevant. You postured as if those who criticize URA haven't read any of his works and should do so before posting negative remarks against them, essentially pontificating and taking a higher pedestal. And I asked you whether you have in the first place read those, you are asking me back! Posters here aren't fools with a few exceptions my boy.

Once again you are spreading your false poisonous propaganda by giving false and wrong facts. You should be warned for this which you have been doing repeatedly. His statement was, marry outside caste and you twisted that to "dalit men should marry upper caste women". http://www.financialexpress.com/news/bihar-cm-churns-dalit-row-says-marry-outside-caste-to-raise-population/1281743 http://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/bihar-cm-urges-dalits-to-marry-outside-caste-1.1375247 Don't take so much liberty with facts and try to vitiate the atmosphere.
Under Indian law, the child gets the Dalit caste of the father, not the mother. So if he is talking of increasing the population (from 16% to 22%, which itself is objectionable) via inter-caste marriage then he is implicitly saying that Dalit men must marry non-Dalit girls to increase the Dalit population.

According to the video which seedhi posted' date=' it was a stone which promoted fear of haunting amongst the villagers. So it was not even holy and he was [b']doing them a favor by breaking the superstition.
The islamists use the same logic of doing the "idol worshipers" a favor by destroying their places of worship.

Dont know if have seen this thread. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=316933

No you watch the video and understand what was said in kannada and who said what.
URA wrote in an essay that he had urinated on a sacred idol:
.... Ananthamurthy wrote about that childhood experience in an essay titled “Bettale Puje Yake Kudadhuâ€, in which he discusses the idea of sacredness in the context of the nude-worship ritual performed by Dalits at the Chandraguthi temple in Sorab taluk of Shimoga district. Nude worship was banned by the government in the 1980s. The statement in question appears on page 39 (in certain editions, and roughly translated as): “I had to breach the Puranic traditions in which I had been brought up. I wanted to ascertain that there was no greater supernatural power than me. So I urinated on the Devva stones of our village. I still remember the fear I had that night. The themes of the stories I wrote in my youth were about the dilemma of transgressing the notion that everything was sacred.†.... http://www.thenewsminute.com/news_sections/131

Under Indian law' date=' the child gets the Dalit caste of the father, not the mother. So if he is talking of increasing the population (from 16% to 22%, which itself is objectionable) via inter-caste marriage then he is implicitly saying that Dalit men must marry non-Dalit girls to increase the Dalit population.[/quote'] Then don't post implied things as original statement. It can imply thousand other things based on predisposition of the person. Have some honesty. You have been caught many times doing this.