can all sachin fans stop the b.s

Cricketics

The problem is you are expecting the haters to use logic .... aint happening :haha:
Yeah I know . The classic arguments after the England test series were ... Sachin is too slow, he wont be able to cut it in ODIs, in Tests he can play selfishly and try to get more records. Now ... without India even playing another test since then ... he has suddenly been deemed not good enough for Tests. Watch as after the Pakistan test series, we'll hear "Sachin should be dropped from ODIs"
Now ... without India even playing another test since then ... he has suddenly been deemed not good enough for Tests
Dude, that is NOT me- i've been asking for Tendy to be dropped from the test side for a while now. Its been 7-8 SERIES since Tendy last averaged 40 in a test series. Thats around 25-30 matches, minus easy runs vs bangladesh. That is PATHETIC for a great batsman and a clear indication for him to hang up his boots- Border, Viv, Gavaskar, etc. retired after less of a decline. Tendy on the other hand cannot even average 40 against a decent oppposition in tests anymore! Check my comments- you will find i've asked for him to be dropped from Tests for a long time now.

Ok agreed he had a bad year in 2006. He had a very good year in 2004 and a good year in 2005. This year his form has improved, and what statistics and averages dont tell you is the way he is batting at the moment. In England, the conditions were not easy, yet Sachin was prepared to fight it out and play some tough gritty innings. Same in SAF.I will say this, his performances in the 2nd innings of test matches have been quite poor recently, and he needs to sort this out. This is what is dragging down his average. Most cricket commentators that watched the England series (in fact I havent found one that doesnt) agree that Sachin had a good test series in England, even one of Tendulkar's harshest critics over the past few years in Ian Chappell has said that he felt Sachin had a good test series in England.