FAO Sriram.

Holysmoke

The umpire gave robin uthappa an awful lbw decision against him in the second odi. who knows if pakistan would won the match if uthappa was still batting...
and if gould gave the yuvraj lbw that was hitting middle stump half way up today.... see, I can play that game too. It's silly to do this whole woulda coulda shoulda bit. That's NOT what I was doing with my first post. But you can understand my frustration when Butt got out and Bhajji walks up to Dhoni and says "Out nahi tha, bahar ja rahi thee" immediately after the decision.
Butt couldn't hit a spinner if his life depended on it. BTW, hope you are not too excited about him, Kablooee. He's rubbish, and will only score runs on the placid Indian tracks, and only when people are bowling < 140 kph. On faster tracks, against Sreesanth or RP Singh in full flow, he will regress to his career mean.
True. India should open the bowling with Irfan Pathan to negate Salman Butt[ocks]. Yesterday, Pathan came close to nailing Butt[ocks] in the very first over he bowled to him but the babyfaced opener edged past slips. I still remember how much trouble Pathan gave him in the '06 ODI series - he couldn't play Pathan's away-swinging deliveries, kept playing and missing, nicking them. Butt is a lucky guy - I have no doubt that he will be taken care of in the next 2 ODI's.
True. India should open the bowling with Irfan Pathan to negate Salman Butt[ocks]. Yesterday, Pathan came close to nailing Butt[ocks] in the very first over he bowled to him but the babyfaced opener edged past slips. I still remember how much trouble Pathan gave him in the '06 ODI series - he couldn't play Pathan's away-swinging deliveries, kept playing and missing, nicking them. Butt is a lucky guy - I have no doubt that he will be taken care of in the next 2 ODI's.
Although I agree that Pathan gives him a lot of trouble, Butt did very well against him in this match. Have a look at the head-to-head numbers: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvpak/engine/current/match/297803.html?view=pvp