FAO Sriram.

Holysmoke

Butt was given out at a crucial juncture. He was clearly not out, and he was the only batsman Pak had left. If he would have stayed till the end, then the game would have been "exciting".. But due to an umpiring faak-up.. he wasnt.. and we were robbed of a nailbiting finish.. what say...:finger:

Well, "21.5 Kartik to Salman Butt, no run, slightly short and Butt is beaten, loud appeal for lbw turned down" Replays showed that out. If Butt had been given out then.... :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:
Nice one! For that i will send you some $$$$ tomorrow :two_thumbs_up:
Well he wasn't out' date=' that's for sure. Even Harbhajan said so to Dhoni. Whether it made a difference is arguable. Maybe it's just be bias coming in but I still felt we had a chance. Not a good chance, but an outside chance.[/quote'] You are deluding yourself, Kablooee. Pakistan were well beaten.
Well he wasn't out' date=' that's for sure. Even Harbhajan said so to Dhoni. Whether it made a difference is arguable. Maybe it's just be bias coming in but I still felt we had a chance. Not a good chance, but an outside chance.[/quote'] Pak would have lost anyway. Its hard enough to make 51 runs off 4 overs with your top order batsman, but with Butt as tired as he was and Akhtar and Gul in the other end, the match was long over.
Well he wasn't out' date=' that's for sure. Even Harbhajan said so to Dhoni. Whether it made a difference is arguable. Maybe it's just be bias coming in but I still felt we had a chance. Not a good chance, but an outside chance.[/quote'] Bias? How do you know so? Wha if Gould had made that decision. If you know about Indian umpires, they have always screwed the home team. Look at the amount of LBWs given to Gavaskar at home. The RR was going 16+, They were just 3 more wkts . It was a remote chance.
Bias? How do you know so? Wha if Gould had made that decision. If you know about Indian umpires, they have always screwed the home team. Look at the amount of LBWs given to Gavaskar at home. The RR was going 16+, They were just 3 more wkts . It was a remote chance.
He is refering to his own bias, Coffee.
Well he wasn't out' date=' that's for sure. Even Harbhajan said so to Dhoni. Whether it made a difference is arguable. Maybe it's just be bias coming in but I still felt we had a chance. Not a good chance, but an outside chance.[/quote'] dude , ur crapping rite?? ur living ur fantasy world if u believe tht salman butt wud have taken Pak home if he had stayed..... so is he ur next saeed anwar?????:D this guy cud score only against this military medium Indian bowlers on a flat Indian track... his stats will show tht... all his 4 100s have come against India ..he has an awesome career average of 30 though.. :D
Oh please!!! Stop pretending like most of you wouldn't have kept hope alive if your team was in that position. Besides, I never said we would've won. I said before he was out, there was an slight outside chance. After he was out...it was literally over.
Nope, we'd have been annoyed as well, but would have recognised that the inevitable had happened. Forty nine runs off 19 balls- that was the equation when he got out, with a tailender at the other end- how dare you harbour any hopes?

Also, you guys are very good at putting words in people's mouths. I make one comment and your start pretending like I think he's Saeed Anwar. I never said such a thing. As someone who has followed a cricket team with as many opening troubles as Pakistan, I'm allowed to be excited about an opener showing promise. Whether or not he is good/great/terrific/mediocre/rubbish is all arguable. But I know he has the talent. His test hundred in Australia showed that, and his hundred 3 years ago showed that.

Nope' date=' we'd have been annoyed as well, but would have recognised that the inevitable had happened. Forty nine runs off 19 balls- that was the equation when he got out, with a tailender at the other end- how dare you harbour any hopes?[/quote'] I kind of hinted at the same thing(that the inevitable had happened). The wrong decision was annoying, but I'm not gonna los sleep over it because I'm well aware of the equation at the time. But I'm still allowed to be upset that such an innings had to end like that. And how dare I harbour hopes? I believe that's what being a fan is called. I have enough temperment to understand when my team is down and most likely out, but the hope never dies until the very end.
Bias? How do you know so? Wha if Gould had made that decision. If you know about Indian umpires, they have always screwed the home team. Look at the amount of LBWs given to Gavaskar at home. The RR was going 16+, They were just 3 more wkts . It was a remote chance.
I'm gonna ignore the rest of the post because you totally misunderstood me, but the bolded part should tell you where I'm coming from.

To an extent , i can understand what Kablooee is saying. If you have an opener batting at 129 n.o chasing a target, you would harbor atleast the minimum hopes of him somehow getting through, however desperate the situation is. Irrespective, Pak would have lost even if Butt has stayed till the last ball of the 50th over.