I am postively convinced

Ram

and you think that the Pakistani public as a whole thinks Y Hameed is a better batsman than Dravid:haha:. Talking about the posters i clearly remember a certain poster comparing Wasim Akram to Manoj Prabahkar(don't think i need to mention his name)
Hey, i was there and most of your forum subscribed to those views and no one really called out that poster for his stupid comment. Re; Prabhakar-Wasim, I was being facetious. The humor was obviously lost on you.
Hey' date=' i was there and most of your forum subscribed to those views and no one really called out that poster for his stupid comment. .[/quote'] Clearly you don't know that R Dravid is rated very highly on PP. So i think you are mistaken if you believe that we rate(or rated) Y Hameed higher than Dravid. There are a lot of silly things said on this forum by a handful of the posters so should i take them as the general view of the Indian public?
Re; Prabhakar-Wasim, I was being facetious. The humor was obviously lost on you.
ah...so who is to say that the same thing didn't happen when you read the Yasir-Dravid post.
Clearly you don't know that R Dravid is rated very highly on PP. So i think you are mistaken if you believe that we rate(or rated) Y Hameed higher than Dravid.
Well, now you obviously don't but during the '04 tour i saw threads comparing stats, discussing technique and other random criteria and judging by that, i am pretty sure that those members weren't kidding around. Likewise with the Sehwag-Toffee comparison, which was actually brought up by one of your more senior and respected members All that doesn't matter - the point is that THX was spot on about how Pakistanis overrate their players. At least, this is the impression i get when i read your forums. You won't see such gross overrating of players (like the stuff i just mentioned) by large # of members on Indian forums
Well, now you obviously don't but during the '04 tour i saw threads comparing stats, discussing technique and other random criteria and judging by that, i am pretty sure that those members weren't kidding around. Likewise with the Sehwag-Toffee comparison, which was actually brought up by one of your more senior and respected members All that doesn't matter - the point is that THX was spot on about how Pakistanis overrate their players. At least, this is the impression i get when i read your forums. You won't see such gross overrating of players (like the stuff i just mentioned) by large # of members on Indian forums
thats a good point u made man...they always overrate theri players...even the guy debuting they will make him compare with some one...
Well' date=' now you obviously don't but during the '04 tour i saw threads comparing stats, discussing technique and other random criteria and judging by that, i am pretty sure that those members weren't kidding around. Likewise with the Sehwag-Toffee comparison, which was actually brought up by one of your more senior and respected members[/quote'] discussing technique and record? wow- now that must be something to see because all i ever heard about Yasir Hameed is his fishing expeditions. In fact for a very long time i have probably been his biggest supporter on the board.
All that doesn't matter - the point is that THX was spot on about how Pakistanis overrate their players. At least, this is the impression i get when i read your forums. You won't see such gross overrating of players (like the stuff i just mentioned) by large # of members on Indian forums
may be you feel that way because you are Indian.
discussing technique and record? wow- now that must be something to see because all i ever heard about Yasir Hameed is his fishing expeditions. In fact for a very long time i have probably been his biggest supporter on the board. may be you feel that way because you are Indian.
This was back in the sportnetwork days, yaar. Bahut saal pehle ki baat hai. Still, the way some of your guys hype up a crap player like Afridi leads to me to believe that not much has changed
and who was he compared to? look no further than my avatar.:D
Pray tell who compared Pathan to Akram first. (Infact the man went on to state, Pathan was ahead of Akram at his age). U got that right, your own legendary Khan Saab. As you see once again its the Pakistanis who are guilty of overrating players:haha:
may be you feel that way because you are Indian.
Munda i disagree. Look at the youngsters we've produced recently & the ones that have played for Pakistan. Raina, Kaif, Mongia, Pathan, Balaji, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Uthappa, Sreesanth, Munaf, RPS, Dhoni. Among these players, Pathan was the only one to be hyped up (as the next Akram -- you know who is guilty of that :haha:). Kaif for a brief while (early in his career) was compared to Bevan by Wright. There was hardly any hype surrounding other players. Look at the list of players who played for Pakistan now: Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Umar (prematurely compared to Sehwag), Younis Khan (compared to Dravid often), Salman Butt (compared to Saeed Anwar), Asif (McGrath), Sami (Malcolm Marshall:haha:), Afridi (the most overrated Pak cricketer ever) etc. I still remember how Rana was overrated based on what he did in one series. Gull is still overrated for what he did in that one Lahore test vs India. The list goes on. It is a fact that Pakistani fans overrate players based on what they do in one or two series. If they play well against India, you guys almost bestow godly status on them.
as compared to your comparisons: afridi to a beast (quite fitting if you are comparing IQs) zahid, sami, gul etc etc to waqar (both ends of the comparison quite useless and overrated) asif to mcgrath (considering asif's record in ODIs a better comparison would be debasish mohanty) younis khan and mohammed yousuf (or whatever it is we are calling him this week) to bradman... must i go on?
not to forget the latest hype.. Misbah is Pak's Hussey..:hysterical:
Pray tell who compared Pathan to Akram first. (Infact the man went on to state' date=' Pathan was ahead of Akram at his age). U got that right, your own legendary Khan Saab. As you see once again its the Pakistanis who are guilty of overrating players:haha:[/quote'] Yes just like Ian Chappell called Kamran Akmal the best wicket keeper in the world.
Munda i disagree. Look at the youngsters we've produced recently & the ones that have played for Pakistan. Raina, Kaif, Mongia, Pathan, Balaji, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Uthappa, Sreesanth, Munaf, RPS, Dhoni. Among these players, Pathan was the only one to be hyped up (as the next Akram -- you know who is guilty of that :haha:). Kaif for a brief while (early in his career) was compared to Bevan by Wright. There was hardly any hype surrounding other players. .
Very surprised that you haven't noticed the things said about the likes of Sree, Munaf, Yuvraj and Raina. It's very easy to pick up one or two quotes from a large message board and mark it as a general opinion of fans e.g recently some one created a thread about the 2nd ODI being fixed and there were a few people who agreed with the guy. So you think it will be fair to say that Indian fans in general thought that the 2nd ODI was fixed?
Very surprised that you haven't noticed the things said about the likes of Sree, Munaf, Yuvraj and Raina. It's very easy to pick up one or two quotes from a large message board and mark it as a general opinion of fans e.g recently some one created a thread about the 2nd ODI being fixed and there were a few people who agreed with the guy. So you think it will be fair to say that Indian fans in general thought that the 2nd ODI was fixed?
I saw the Munaf-McGrath comparison, i remember reading reports making such comparisons! But cant recall anything about Raina (whom only Greg Chappell rated) and Sreesanth (who was he compared to ?)