The Truth about Ganguly

^ Give some young guys a chance? We now have 8 out of 11 players in the ODI team under 30 (and Kartik is 31). I would bet we are probably the youngest, or one of the youngest anyway, ODI teams (out of the Test playing nations) on average. Gambhir 26, Yuvraj 26, Dhoni 26, Uthappa 22, Pathan 22, Harbhajan 27, Zaheer 29, RP 22, Sreesanth 24 are all regulars now. Throughout the year we have also occasionally tried Chawla 19, Dinesh Karthik 22, and Rohit Sharma 20. Honestly ... all this crap about not giving 'young' players a chance is rubbish How young do you want the side to be? Average age 12? Lets send out a 12 year old to face Shaun Tait and Brett Lee.

^ Give some young guys a chance? We now have 8 out of 11 players in the ODI team under 30 (and Kartik is 31). I would bet we are probably the youngest, or one of the youngest anyway, ODI teams (out of the Test playing nations) on average. Gambhir 26, Yuvraj 26, Dhoni 26, Uthappa 22, Pathan 22, Harbhajan 27, Zaheer 29, RP 22, Sreesanth 24 are all regulars now. Throughout the year we have also occasionally tried Chawla 19, Dinesh Karthik 22, and Rohit Sharma 20. Honestly ... all this crap about not giving 'young' players a chance is rubbish How young do you want the side to be? Average age 12? Lets send out a 12 year old to face Shaun Tait and Brett Lee.
its not that am advocating to kick the seniors out. IMO sreesanth, RP, Uthappa, Gambhir, ganguly can perform much much better.. and also curious about what Gagandeep Singh (leading wicket taker in 2005 ranji season) and what venugopal rao can do. his biggest claim to fame was that mammoth run chase for south zone against england A in the 2005 duleep trophy season. And there are many who never ever get a chance. Since i do follow the domestic season it just always curious that what some of these guys are capable off at the international level.
its not that am advocating to kick the seniors out. IMO sreesanth' date=' RP, Uthappa, Gambhir, ganguly can perform much much better.. and also curious about what Gagandeep Singh (leading wicket taker in 2005 ranji season) and what venugopal rao can do. his biggest claim to fame was that mammoth run chase for south zone against england A in the 2005 duleep trophy season. And there are many who never ever get a chance. Since i do follow the domestic season it just always curious that what some of these guys are capable off at the international level.
Well, yes Gagandeep Singh I feel should be tried out because we need to look to bolster our fast bowling depth. We cant just be relying on pathan, rp, sreesanth and zaheer because they are not consistent enough, so I am with you on that one. As for Venugoppal Rao, Im not sure about him ... his domestic average is not bad (46 in the 4-day form, 37 in the one day form), but he needs to churn out some consistent runs in domestic form like Badrinath and Tiwary have been doing. My point is, International Cricket should not be the place where you just try a guy who has an OK domestic record out. If someone can churn out mountains of runs (or wickets) in domestic form, and have to wait their turn, they will appreciate it more, and be less likely to waste their chance. Thats why I feel Badrinath should be given a look in soon.