Test Team to be chosen Nov 14

DesiChap

The Indian team for the first two Tests against Pakistan would be picked in Mumbai on November 14, a day before the fourth and penultimate ODI between the two teams in Gwalior. “The team for the first two Tests would be chosen in Mumbai on Wednesday,†BCCI sources said.

Newly appointed Test captain Anil Kumble is expected to attend the meeting. The opening Test is to be held in Delhi from November 22-26 while Calcutta is the venue for the second Test from November 30-December 4. The team for the subsequent four-Test series in Australia, commencing on December 26, would be chosen between the end of the second Test against Pakistan and the start of the third and concluding Test (December 8-12) in Bangalore. “The team for Australia will be selected between the second and third Tests against Pakistan. We can’t delay choosing the team,†BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah said. Shah said henceforth, teams would not be chosen on days when matches involving the squad are held. “We will not choose teams on the day of a match. It becomes difficult for the selectors to concentrate on the game,†Shah explained. India are to play the four Test matches for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy against hosts Australia in Melbourne (December 26-30, 2007), Sydney (January 2-6, 2008), Perth (January 16-20) and Adelaide (January 24-28).

I hate when they select teams for the next series between the games etc. So imagine the guy dropped from Aussie tour playing his last test against Pak. Do you expect him to do miracle?? Even if he brings outstanding performance in that test, would it matter at all?? If I were them, I will chose 10 players and leave scope for 5 players. So it creates hope for those who are on the boundary line. Or chose 20 and drop extra 5 after the game is over that way you have given yourself a full opportunity to pick right players. I would play Irfan Pathan for sure. Rotate RP/ZK. After winning 1 test of first 2, I would drop, SG/VVS/SRT and play a new guy like Yuv/Badri.