Steroid abuse by A & A in Pakistan's AAG attack

Dhondy

Akhtar & asif have paid for their guffaws ? What BS is this ? They missed the ICC CT & world cup. But were allowed to play in Pak-SA, T20, Pak-SA again, Ind-Pak etc, when both should have been serving their ban sentence. In all these games, atleast one of them managed to play, didnt they ? Besides, do you realize how big a let off this is in Akhtar's case, who is in his 30s ? This ban could have finished his career. Asif could have very well gone the Mohd Zahid's way. This is the closest thing to getting away with a day light murder. Jeez, have some perspective, man!

Akhtar & asif have paid for their guffaws ? What BS is this ? They missed the ICC CT & world cup. But were allowed to play in Pak-SA, T20, Pak-SA again, Ind-Pak etc, when both should have been serving their ban sentence. In all these games, atleast one of them managed to play, didnt they ? Besides, do you realize how big a let off this is in Akhtar's case, who is in his 30s ? This ban could have finished his career. Asif could have very well gone the Mohd Zahid's way. This is the closest thing to getting away with a day light murder. Jeez, have some perspective, man!
you make it seem like the World Cup and the Champions Trophy were no big deal. Anyways, I said ti before that they should've missed more matches, but you chose to ignore that.

FAO of MP and Kabloee87, Why do you guys think the Pakistan cricket routinely gets caught in such unpleasant controversies ? I dont want to seem like i am pointing out things but the list is just staggering.

• Match-fixing ( Ata-ur-Rahman and co)
  • Cheating during a match ( Rashid Latif claiming a catch he dropped)
  • Ball tampering ( too many names)
  • Pitch Tampering ( Afridi)
  • Drug Abuse ( Akhtar and Asif)
  • Team infighting and indiscipline ( Shoaib, among others)
  • Chucking ( Shoaib , Shabbir , Malik)

I am sure i missed quite a few names too. There seems to be culture of indiscipline and lack of appreciation of rules of fair play. That is something you guys have to root out from your system and the first step towards it is to root out players such players who indulge in such acts. By shamelessly going back to players like Shoaib for the sake of winning a few test matches , you have tarnished the entire image of your nation. Make no mistake , talent is always appreciated , but integrity and fair play is what evokes respect. Till you have policy that stamps out such practices , your country will always remain as one of a hugely talented cricket team that is capable of defeating any team , but a team that nobody really respect and ultimately ,respect is what all of us strive for.

Salil he goes on and on about morality lessons yet i have never heard him say a thing about how CA handled M Waugh and Warne's case. I have never heard him say anything about how N Sidhu was allowed to play for the country(since the Indians are so strict about morality and would have hung and quartered any one who took drugs).I don't understand why is it so hard to be fair? p.s Shoaib didn't immediately come back, he came back after a 13 match ban.
u were quick to mention about Shoaib coming back after 13 match ban... that was finally when PCB were so embarassed by his antics...how about also mentioning, he went scott-free for chucking, doping (and atleast other half a dozen scandals).. atleast Warne did 1 year time for his mistakes (not to mention was never made captain)
MP, if you are gonna give examples, wouldnt you atleast make sure they are relevant ? Mark Waugh & Warne were accused of taking money from bookies and Sidhu was accused of murder In the above cases, did it unfairly impact their opponents's chances ? No. Did their resp gaffes, give these gentlemen, an unfair advantage in their cricket ? No. In Akhtar & Asif's case (both pace bowlers), drugs helped them get back from injuries quickly and in Akhtar's case prolly sustain his pace for a longer time period. So the qns again. Did they gain an unfair advantage taking drugs ? Yes Did they unfairly impact their opponents ? Yes The only comparison thats relevant is that of Warney's dope incident, for which he got banned & rightly so.
No. You missed the point. The point was about morality( as Dhondy was out to give a lesson on morality).
Guest dada_rocks

Oke guys if u follow the conversation about pro and anti mushy ganag on certain board u will understand this doping is nothing people support much bigger criminals across that side of border........

FAO of MP and Kabloee87, Why do you guys think the Pakistan cricket routinely gets caught in such unpleasant controversies ? I dont want to seem like i am pointing out things but the list is just staggering.
  • Match-fixing ( Ata-ur-Rahman and co)
  • Cheating during a match ( Rashid Latif claiming a catch he dropped)
  • Ball tampering ( too many names)
  • Pitch Tampering ( Afridi)
  • Drug Abuse ( Akhtar and Asif)
  • Team infighting and indiscipline ( Shoaib, among others)
  • Chucking ( Shoaib , Shabbir , Malik)

I am sure i missed quite a few names too. There seems to be culture of indiscipline and lack of appreciation of rules of fair play. That is something you guys have to root out from your system and the first step towards it is to root out players such players who indulge in such acts. By shamelessly going back to players like Shoaib for the sake of winning a few test matches , you have tarnished the entire image of your nation. Make no mistake , talent is always appreciated , but integrity and fair play is what evokes respect. Till you have policy that stamps out such practices , your country will always remain as one of a hugely talented cricket team that is capable of defeating any team , but a team that nobody really respect and ultimately ,respect is what all of us strive for.

I agree that they need to be more disciplined but i can easily come up with such a list for players from other countries but that would just lengthen the already tedious debate. BTW in almost all the occurrences that you mentioned the player in question was punished. The drug issue is the only iffy subject left and even there Shoaib and Asif were made to miss games(agree with Kab that they should have missed more games).
I agree that they need to be more disciplined but i can easily come up with such a list for players from other countries but that would just lengthen the already tedious debate. BTW in almost all the occurrences that you mentioned the player in question was punished. The drug issue is the only iffy subject left and even there Shoaib and Asif were made to miss games(agree with Kab that they should have missed more games).
Easily ? You must be kidding yourself. No country has ever had its players commit the range of offences like the Pakistani players have done so in the past. Go on, get me the list of players from say England/Aus/New Zealand/S.Africa that have committed many offences.
Easily ? You must be kidding yourself. No country has ever had its players commit the range of offences like the Pakistani players have done so in the past. Go on, get me the list of players from say England/Aus/New Zealand/S.Africa that have committed many offences.
Lets look at the Indian players in the recent years. - Ball tampering(Dravid, Sehwag) - Cocaine abuse(Manider Singh). - Match fixing(Azharuddin,Jadeja) - Chucking(Bhajji) - Man slaughter( Sidhu). Now read what Dhondy said
Tell you why' date=' Sriram. It's because Pakistani fans unashamedly glory themselves in the "achievements" of these cheats.[b'] Had they been Indians, they would probably have been excommunicated, hung and quartered. Those kinds of weak, queasy morality doesn't prevail with our neighnours though. A bit of nandro- that's fine. You want to beat up your fellow dopey with a bat? That's fine too. Just win against India, all's forgiven. We'll even lift martial law just to roll out the moth eaten red carpet and sweep the Kalashnikovs under it.
I am looking forward to AAG arriving in India. With that woman weightlifter being caught for steroid abuse in Asian games, the number of dope cheats in our country will triple in an instant. The difference is she will grow hair on her boobs, and this lot will grow boobs, period.
ROFL :hysterical::hysterical::two_thumbs_up:
Lets look at the Indian players in the recent years. - Ball tampering(Dravid, Sehwag) - Cocaine abuse(Manider Singh). - Match fixing(Azharuddin,Jadeja) - Chucking(Bhajji) - Man slaughter( Sidhu). Now read what Dhondy said
Are you serious ? I am sticking to purely cricket related offenses only. How the heck could you point out something that Maninder Singh did in his personal life or Navjot Sidhu's rash driving. I am pointing out to a pattern in Pakistan cricket where there is no respect for fair play and integrity. If i were to point out to each and every offense that pakistan players did in their career AND their personal life, i need a 2 page OP. And apart from Bhajji's chucking allegation and match fixing by Azhar and Jadeja, I dont see any other blot on India's record. Please dont point out to the ball "tampering" by Rahul or Sehwag. The ball's condition doesnt get altered by rubbing it with gum and the whole world knows what kind of player Rahul is anyway. And Sehwag's case is of a racially motivated refree. And dont forget , Azhar and Jadeja were banned for life. The point i am trying to make is, Pakistan cricket has a consistent history of players cheating/breaching team indiscipline while for other nations, they are isolated incidents at worst and at best , a very clean record ( like New Zealand) Unless you guys take steps to address the root of the problems, you will continue to have trouble in your cricket team and consequently, your performances will suffer.
or Navjot Sidhu's rash driving.
Sorry, but just one correction. Siddhu didn't kill someone with his car, but he actually banged his "kada" (punjabis wear a kada on their wrist) on the guy's head and killed him. Meanwhile, my take on this is.. morality shmorality. You have to win with the team you have and you have to beat the team that the opposition have. How and why the team players are selected is history.
since when does Cocaine help u play better cricket??? :hahaha: bhajji improved his action.. no1 is after him now (expect pakis ofocurse) while akhtar's action is getting worse by the day pathetic
I don't see why not. Coke makes you literally an energizer bunny for the next few hours...you literally have like 10 times energy on Coke than before it...seems like a good enough reason to do coke for performance in sports...
Totally irrelevant arguments, since Maninder resorted to cocaine abuse AFTER his retirement.
Meanwhile, my take on this is.. morality shmorality. You have to win with the team you have and you have to beat the team that the opposition have. How and why the team players are selected is history.
Its like facing the opposing team's fast bowlers with a 15 yard pitch saying, " well, if that be the case , i just have play 'em". The whole point of competitive sport is destroyed if you skew the result even before the match begins. Its no lesser a crime compared to match -fixing.