Ganguly Must Go !

RajaRaja

Sheesh' date=' what a copout :haha:. Guess who brought up these comparisons in this thread. :haha:[/quote'] I did , I know and i also know that line of debating wont take us anywhere , which is why i posted what i posted
I agreed to a 40 run average over the next THREE SERIES (Ind-Pak' date=' Ind-Aus, Ind-SA). Without Asif Pak has lost half its bowling lineup and i will go on to say this is the WORST PAK TEAM to tour India. It beats the 2005 team hands down. Not scoring at 45 against this team, would be disappointing even for an Irfan Pathan[/quote'] The last pak team that came here last wasnt exactly gung-ho either, yet they drew 1-1 And You expect Irfan to ave 45 in a test series ? I shall let that pass as just mere rherotic.
Deal if he hits the numbers! :finger:' date=' otherwise![/quote'] Good ,we are going somewhere now. Still, I can see that you are bit uncertain yourself, totally ruling out objective analysis of his roles. :giggle:
It is a very simple question Sriram, lets not beat about the bush here. 25 Tests 38 innings 1347 runs@35.4 What does India get in the next 25 Tests 38 innings for putting so much faith in Sachin? xxxx
Its like a major part of my previous post went right over your head Lurks. I told you , India must get Match-winning/Match-saving innings from Sachin which can be judged objectively once the series' are over. And you have still not answered my query reg the NZ series.
I will give you an answer the moment you tell me why you were harping on the "Hasnt performed for past 24 months" (Complete with bold type and underlining ) everytime we discussed this topic as it appears that you were aware that it was nothing but nitpicking ?
"Hasnt performed in 24 months" is the ROOT CAUSE. If he is performing already, where is the pressure or expectation for him to perform BIG in the forthcoming series ? Because of poor performances, so many have been dropped (Sehwag, Yuvraj, Irfan, Ganguly, Laxman -- the list is endless). Yet this man keeps playing as if a spot in the Indian team, is some kinda personal property. And worse, there are fans & selectors backing this madness, as if some BIG series is just around the corner. I tell ya what, i have been waiting for that one elusive big series & am tired of that wait. My beef is this: Why do we give SRT special considerations that others arent given, inspite of SRT showing no signs of greatness ? If he is playing like an avg player & us fans have begun to expect nothing but an avg performance in every series, why is he being treated like a great player with special considerations ? Now without mincing words or deflecting the topic, you give me your reasons.

From known scheduling 2007 Nov-Dec Pak in India 3 Tests 2007-2008 Dec-Jan Ind in Aus 4 Tests 2008 Apr SA in Ind - No schedule found 2008 May Ind in Zim 2 Tests ( May not happen) 2008 July Ind in SL 3 Tests 2008 Oct Aus in Ind 4 Tests 2008 Nov Eng in Ind 3 Tests 2008 Dec Ind in Pak 3 Tests Discounting the Zim tour - we have 17 Test matches to the end of 2008. I expect Sachin to average near or above his current test average !

From known scheduling 2007 Nov-Dec Pak in India 3 Tests 2007-2008 Dec-Jan Ind in Aus 4 Tests 2008 Apr SA in Ind - No schedule found 2008 May Ind in Zim 2 Tests ( May not happen) 2008 July Ind in SL 3 Tests 2008 Oct Aus in Ind 4 Tests 2008 Nov Eng in Ind 3 Tests 2008 Dec Ind in Pak 3 Tests Discounting the Zim tour - we have 17 Test matches to the end of 2008. I expect Sachin to average near or above his current test average !
Thats a true & bold SRT fan. I appreciate your commitment to such cold numbers. Thats what i wanna see from everyone else.
Its like a major part of my previous post went right over your head Lurks. I told you , India must get Match-winning/Match-saving innings from Sachin which can be judged objectively once the series' are over. And you have still not answered my query reg the NZ series.
No it did not go over my head. I will tell you whats happening. Sachin supporter are shying away simply because they do not have the numbers in their favour. Ponting is world's best batsman today. When people ask about Ponting nobody mentions his innings last year when chips were down. In his last 25 Tests he is averaging 70 plus. Case closed and dismissed. The only reason why Sachin fans are harping on match situations is because he has NOT put runs on the board. Simple as that. Let me do the legwork for you guys: Sachin 25 Tests 38 inn 1347@35.4 In next 25 Tests 38 innings 2453@64.55 He needs to score 2453@64.55 in next 25 Tests to ensure that his overall average in last 50 Tests is 50(still 5 less than his overall average). xxx
Jeez .. we are back again to the 24 month crap ... I thot I had settled it in the last post ... ? If not I would hereby like a list of teams that decide on a playing spot based on past performance that goes back for 24 months . If the answer to that is NO then you need to stop this 24 months business. Whats it going to be ?
Are you ever gonna answer my question or keep deflecting the topic, with the hope that i may forget where we started ? Once again here it is step-by-step: 24 months of cr@ppy batting is grounds for being dropped. SRT wasnt dropped & was the only player to be backed with such a prolonged poor record. Other players have paid for much lesser gaffes. This implies SRT is receiving an unfair & special treatment for which he needs to pay us back with a special series. I have been waiting for the special series for sometime now & there are no signs of one. Hence i want him dropped. Clear now ? Now you answer my qn.
No it did not go over my head. I will tell you whats happening. Sachin supporter are shying away simply because they do not have the numbers in their favour. Ponting is world's best batsman today. When people ask about Ponting nobody mentions his innings last year when chips were down. In his last 25 Tests he is averaging 70 plus. Case closed and dismissed. The only reason why Sachin fans are harping on match situations is because he has NOT put runs on the board. Simple as that. Let me do the legwork for you guys: Sachin 25 Tests 38 inn 1347@35.4 In next 25 Tests 38 innings 2453@64.55 He needs to score 2453@64.55 in next 25 Tests to ensure that his overall average in last 50 Tests is 50(still 5 less than his overall average). xxx
So what you are essentially saying is , ANYONE who doesnt ave. more than 50 in the last 50 tests he has played needs to be axed ? What kind of skewed logic is that ! Lurks ,there are many players with an ave less 35.4 who play test cricket for their teams. :giggle:
And not just for one or two years .... Mike Gatting played 79 Tests over a decade with a avg of 35 ... NAsser hussain played for 90 odd tests with a similar avg. Our own Shastri babu avg 32 over 80 tests and his bowling was just as craap too. All done and told before... but no point.
Does it really matter what English team did with Gatting or Hussain ? A team that never achieved anything significant in the last decade is hardly an example to emulate. Besides, u gotta consider their dip in averages, relative to their overall average. SRT averaged 31.75 (a fall from an average of 55). The only relevant comparisons are the dip in forms of Hayden, Ponting, Lara & the likes. And dont forget that these two (Gatting & Hussain) were captains of their sides resp. Speaking of averages, did Gatting bottom the list of averages, among the English bats, in this time ? Shastri played as an allrounder, hardly comparable to a batsman. What next, Agarkar averaged 0 Down Under or McGrath averaged 13 over 100 tests ?

You can play the numbers game as much as you want. Bottomline: In Tests, we have been disappointed with Tendulkar over last 2 years. Forget numbers, and answer to what your feelings tell you for a moment. Have you or have you not been disappointed with SRT in Test matches? I'll tell you - average or not - if he can play like how he played in ODIs - I'll be very happy. Be fearless, and take on the Pak and Aus bowling in Tests. If you get out so be it. But dont "try" to play this Dravid-like inn. It wont work for SRT and he will get out. Dravid should be Dravid, and SRT should play like his old-self SRT. Giving undue respect to James Anderson, and Monty Panesar and some other no-name bowlers should stop. (I'm not saying JA and MP are no name bowlers...but still undue respect from SRT to them is *uggggh*) Just smash them.

Lets do this again .. 1. Sachin was in bad form 18 months ago. 2. Maybe he should have been dropped 3. But FWIW he did not tour WI on his own choice even though he was fit. 4. Since the last year he has been one of our top 3 run getter with the difference between him and the top guy being about 35 runs. So again ... how do you arrive at the conclusion that SRT NEEDS TO BE DROPPED TODAY. Your prime gripes so far are 1. Others have been dropped. (I cannot go back in time and drop him so please dont bring that up ) 2. His performance from 2 yrs ago which you conveniently lump together to drag him down ... and that too its just 125 runs. But how do you manage to COMPLETELY IGNORE his CURRENT FORM which has nothing to do with what happened 2 yrs ago ? Is it possibly because you dont like SRT ? And isnt RD given the same rope too ?
I never like or hate players permanently. I never backed Ganguly, when he was a poor performer, but i back him now, because he is performing. RD's rope will end if he doesnt do anything substantial in the next 3 series. If he flunks in these series, i want him dropped too. Back to your qns: You are ignoring the most important & the most fundamental reason why i want him dropped. Its your misunderstanding that I want him dropped because of what he did 18 months ago or that i dont like him,. I want him booted because of his inability to inspire confidence in me that he will pay back the faith invested in him, with a BIG SERIES. If he plays like an avg player isnt it fair to treat him like one ? If not big series, atleast if he plays well during crunch moments bringing us some glory u could justify that rope. History was waiting to be made, in South Africa. The hardwork had already been done. We had to save a test or two to come out unscathed from SA. All we needed from Tendulkar was one responsible 70 in Durban and/or Capetown in the 2nd innings. But what did we get ? Two big poops of the highest calibre. Opportunity lost to make history. And you keep mentioning his current form, as if he averaged 60 or 70. He had an average series, better than the poor ones he has had in the past, but by no means a payback series. Is it possible that you will always back SRT because you like him so much ?
So what you are essentially saying is , ANYONE who doesnt ave. more than 50 in the last 50 tests he has played needs to be axed ? What kind of skewed logic is that ! Lurks ,there are many players with an ave less 35.4 who play test cricket for their teams. :giggle:
And how exactly did you get that from my post Sriram? Let me categorically say that what you are doing here is creating a smokescreen. I have given you cold numbers to show what Sachin has to do in his 25 tests, with all due respect what have you shown thus far? Let me make it simpler for you now. Sachin needs to score 2453@64.55 in his next 25 tests to have an average of 50, which would still be less than his average of 55. Do you think he can do it or not? xxx