A Poor Man's Agarkar

Mr. Wicket

Right down to the fist pumping. 77417.jpg Farveez Maharoof. At present, 20 test matches. 24 test wickets, and a filthy average of 60.75. Like the original, a decent record in ODIs and the 'all rounder' billing that will soon be lost with the way he's going, picking runs off mainly rubbish teams and doing little else. Bravo, Sri Lanka. You left out Chaminda Vaas for HIM?

Yup add him to yet another over rated cricketer's list. Sri Lanka look so bad in the field they have absolutely no body language whatsoever. How can this lad get to play test cricket is beyond me. He's a single dimensional with no variety whatsoever. If he thought dishing up short of good length is going to get him 100s of wickets he needs a rethink. Someone like him can be good in ODIs but in test cricket he can only be a work horse with no returns.

I think Maharoof is ok ... he is at least accurate and keeps a good seem position and can swing the ball a bit and land the ball in good areas. He troubled the aussies a bit early on today ... personally I think the one that should have been dropped is Dilhara Fernando I dont understand what everyone sees in him ... ok he has a good slower ball but ... * He is not accurate * He is not overly quick ... Malinga out does him for pace * His bounce doesnt trouble the best batsman * Most of his deliveries are too short and wide. * Quite expensive at times. At this stage his biggest claim to fame is that he got Sachin out in that WC game ... but I am pretty sure that was a fluke ball. The guy is a joke bowler. Vaas, Malinga and Maharoof that should have been the team.

I think Maharoof is ok ... he is at least accurate and keeps a good seem position and can swing the ball a bit and land the ball in good areas. He troubled the aussies a bit early on today ... personally I think the one that should have been dropped is Dilhara Fernando I dont understand what everyone sees in him ... ok he has a good slower ball but ... * He is not accurate * He is not overly quick ... Malinga out does him for pace * His bounce doesnt trouble the best batsman * Most of his deliveries are too short and wide. * Quite expensive at times. At this stage his biggest claim to fame is that he got Sachin out in that WC game ... but I am pretty sure that was a fluke ball. The guy is a joke bowler. Vaas, Malinga and Maharoof that should have been the team.
they liked the way he played aginast BD...so put him in vs. aus too:haha:
ghanta... aggy is/was/will be wayy better then this fool.. :P
he is better bowler but some one has to work on his mind bez in one game he will perfom like a no1 bowler and then next game he will just went for 60 odd runs so if he can be consistence then no problem picking him in the team...
they liked the way he played aginast BD...so put him in vs. aus too:haha:
When looking at bowlers you have to look at their ability, and what they are capable of. Stats dont really tell you much. Im not saying the guy is a genius but I am saying that he can lands the ball in good areas, he can swing the ball both ways and can get some awkward bounce. With the new ball on day 1 of the 2nd test he was troubling the aussie batsman and consistently beating the bat. I still say that skill wise Maharoof has a lot of potential and could be a very good bowler. I dont think Fernando is any good. And besides ... the comparison to Agarkar isnt terrible because Agarkar is quite a skilled bowler who had to potential to be quite a good bowler. Unfortunately one would question his attitude and his commitment, because he never ever showed any real consistency, but he did have potential to be a good bowler.