Hussey: 8 50s, 7 100s in 28 innings

Bumper

He is already close to the 2 Bradmans - Don and George Headley - in atleast one perspective. He is most likely going to be the 3rd fastest to reach 2000. Don reached in 15 Tests/22 innings, Geaoreg Headley in 17/32. Herbert Sutcliffe is 3rd with 22 Test/33 innings. Considering Hussey is 18 Tests/28 innings for 1831 I wont be surprised if he becomes 3rd in all-time list. One batsman who suffered thanks to Hussey is Miachael Katich who is all but out from Aussie dressing room now.

Didnt he actually go " out of form" during sometime ? Atleast in one-dayers ? I seem to remember there was talk of his dip in form but cant seem to remember when. The stats though are just staggering.
He was made fun of during the world cup, for being hyped up as Mr Cricket prior to the tourney (but almost ended up playing no cricket)

Something i just found out, His one day stats for this season -- Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St unfiltered 72 1826 109* 58.90 2 10 2 1/22 83.50 0 43 0 filtered 32 670 109* 41.87 2 1 0 - - 0 22 0 He has scored JUST 670 runs in 32 matches with only two 50's and one 100. Even in his career, just 1826 runs from 72 matches. Dont how much weightage i am supposed to give to the average stat after seeing this .

Something i just found out, His one day stats for this season -- Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St unfiltered 72 1826 109* 58.90 2 10 2 1/22 83.50 0 43 0 filtered 32 670 109* 41.87 2 1 0 - - 0 22 0 He has scored JUST 670 runs in 32 matches with only two 50's and one 100. Even in his career, just 1826 runs from 72 matches. Dont how much weightage i am supposed to give to the average stat after seeing this .
Its not easy for someone who comes in at no. 6 in ODIs (which means he has to start slogging straight away), to average 59. If you dont believe me, look at what Kaif or Yuvraj averaged when batting in similar positions. For good batsmen, their average tends to go up as they bat higher up the order. Its especially true when the sample size isnt trivial
Its not easy for someone who comes in at no. 6 in ODIs (which means he has to start slogging straight away)' date=' to average 59. If you dont believe me, look at what Kaif or Yuvraj averaged when batting in similar positions. For good batsmen, their average tends to go up as they bat higher up the order. Its especially true when the sample size isnt trivial[/quote'] Yes its true but you tend to have more chances of remaining not out remember Bevan
Yes its true but you tend to have more chances of remaining not out remember Bevan
Tending to remain notout is evened out by the no. of times they get dismissed cheaply. Do this for me, look at all the no. 6 & no. 7 batsmen around you & tell me how many have averaged 50+ like a Bevan or Hussey
Its not easy for someone who comes in at no. 6 in ODIs (which means he has to start slogging straight away)' date=' to average 59. If you dont believe me, look at what Kaif or Yuvraj averaged when batting in similar positions. For good batsmen, their average tends to go up as they bat higher up the order. Its especially true when the sample size isnt trivial[/quote'] True , i am not taking anything away from. His record is staggering. BTW , this was the form "slump" of his , i was referring to, starting from a CB series match against Eng till the one-day series in NZ, which he captained and Aus lost 0-3 29,DNB,DNB,6,DNB, 8,17,6,42, 105. Thats essentially 9 innings with aq highest score of 42.
He is an awesome player. Plays all the shots' date=' scores fast and can dominate bowlers. Those stats of his will fall over the next 2 or 3 seasons, but he will still be one of best batsmen around in both forms of the game[/quote'] He will probably finish with an average around 58-60 in Tests and about 48-50 in ODI's. His curtrent age is 32 yrs 173 days, he probably has 3 years of cricket left. He will end up playing about 50 tests.
He will probably finish with an average around 58-60 in Tests and about 48-50 in ODI's. His curtrent age is 32 yrs 173 days' date=' he probably has 3 years of cricket left. He will end up playing about 50 tests.[/quote'] He could well have 5 years or more instead of 3 considering the good fitness levels the aussies have.
Tending to remain notout is evened out by the no. of times they get dismissed cheaply. Do this for me' date=' look at all the no. 6 & no. 7 batsmen around you & tell me how many have averaged 50+ like a Bevan or Hussey[/quote'] lets see how long he can carry aise to Yuvraj is also going well Year M Inns NO 50s 100s HS Runs Avg Ca St 2006 22 21 5 5 2 *107 849 53.06 5 0 2007 35 32 5 8 1 121 1237 45.81 9 0