Fare Thee Well, Stuart MacGill

Mr. Wicket

There's a decimation taking place at the Bellerive. MacGill produced a fine over to start his latest spell, getting a couple to rip, turn and bounce. After that it came undone. Three fours off his next over, with Jayasuriya and Sangakkara opting to go out on an attack. The next over produced two more fours, and three noballs - one of which saw Jayasuriya caught on the fence. The bowling became increasingly hittable, with more bad length balls and full tosses. His figures at present: 13-0-73-0, 4-0-32-0 for this spell. I suspect this could be the last test he plays for a long time barring a miracle or a lot of selectorial mercy.

I dont think he'll get the boot as of yet. They will still persist with him for the series against India. If he does not succeed in that series, then its Good bye Mcgill, Hello Hogg. 2 matches are bit too less to judge someone's skills who is making a comeback after a long time

Neither. Hogg's had a couple of good seasons recently, but I still don't rate him as a test bowler. The youngsters are just too raw and young, and they could be destroyed by throwing them in this early against India. Australia will be best off preparing quicker pitches and picking a four prong of Noffke, Lee, Johnson and Clark with Symonds and Clarke as part-timers to chip in.

Neither. Hogg's had a couple of good seasons recently, but I still don't rate him as a test bowler. The youngsters are just too raw and young, and they could be destroyed by throwing them in this early against India. Australia will be best off preparing quicker pitches and picking a four prong of Noffke, Lee, Johnson and Clark with Symonds and Clarke as part-timers to chip in.
Who are some of the upcoming young spinners? because they will eventually need one.

Cullen Bailey (leggie) and Daniel Cullen (offie) are being looked at as the most promising ones. Nathan Hauritz (offie) was once talked about highly, and could perhaps still make it back for ODIs. Not many others worth talking of. There are a few decent ones around state level like Beau Casson and Xavier Doherty, but they don't seem like they'll ever make it to international level.

Cullen Bailey (leggie) and Daniel Cullen (offie) are being looked at as the most promising ones. Nathan Hauritz (offie) was once talked about highly, and could perhaps still make it back for ODIs. Not many others worth talking of. There are a few decent ones around state level like Beau Casson and Xavier Doherty, but they don't seem like they'll ever make it to international level.
thanks Interesting because i just looked up the 1st class record and all 3 of them are averging over 40 with the ball. This says something about the level of the competition and how some of the more talented young players learn by getting hammered in 1st class cricket.