Yuvraj is a must for tests

Oh lord. The obsession with one day form propelling Beloved Yuseless Poster Boy into the test team resumes its ugly head again. I repeat, yet again: Test average 33 in 19 games. Inclusive of matches on ridiculously flat tracks v. NZ on debut, v. Zim, Pak and WI away, and a first class average that isn't particularly impressive either. Give me a batsman capable of actually making big scores in the longer form and handling spin well, over an overhyped one day player with about three different shots against spin.
There has been plenty of top batsmen with lower average than that after 19 tests. but went on to become greats of the game. either way yuvraj should play tests against pakistan for starters since he is in sublime form. and if his test average is all you judge him by..averages 57 against pak in tests and 2 test hundreds...so he must be given opportunity against Pakistan. 3 shots?..loll keep going dude. He is top class...

[h1]Team India's dilemma: How to fit Yuvraj in playing XI?[/h1] Nishant Arora | CNN-IBN Posted on Nov 20, 2007 at 19:37 | Updated Nov 20, 2007 at 19:58 2011yuvrajsingh_313.jpg [url=http://www.cricketnext.com/series/india-vs-pakistan-2007.html] New Delhi: After both Sreesanth and R P Singh are out of the first Test match with injuries, there are some more headache for the Indian team management - they face the toughest decision ahead of the Delhi Test and i.e., how to fit Yuvraj Singh in the playing XI? With the middle-order places taken up by Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman, will the mercurial left-hander be forced on the bench yet again? The 25-year-old is besieged by a familiar ghost. "All the players who are regarded as greats of the game have got that tag because of their brilliant Test records. So, I think as a player playing Test cricket is very important and I want to excel in this format of the game. Though, I don't deny tat there has been ups and downs for me in Test cricket," said Yuvraj Singh. Sometimes cold numbers tell a story - in One-Day cricket Yuvraj is India's talisman. Close to 200 games, plenty of Man-of-the-Match awards and is regarded amongst the world's top-rated batsmen in coloured clothes. But in Test cricket; Yuvraj has played a mere 19 matches since his debut in 2003 and is yet to reach even the thousand run mark. Even as he went through the paces at the Ferozshah Kotla on Tuesday, Yuvraj knows that the question of how to fit him in the playing XI will haunt the management. "The way he (Yuvraj) has been playing, I think he is in terrific nick. every batsman goes through that phase and I think this is his peak period," said Indian team manager, Lalchand Rajput. Yuvraj's compelling form in One-Day cricket has made the decision even harder. This was his fourth half-century of the five match One-Day series against Pakistan. For some experts, there is little doubt that Yuvraj should play. "He is one guy who can literary snatch a match away from the opposition team. And you need some guys who can dominate the middle-order too. I think, Yuvraj is the right candidate as he is also a left-handed batsman in the middle-order and I don't think there is anyone else there but Yuvraj," said Kris Srikkant. Yuvraj played his last Test match in June 2006 and between that and now, he has grown immensely as a cricketer but when it comes to Test cricket, his destiny is still not in his hands. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/team-indias-dilemma-how-to-fit-yuvraj-in-playing-xi/27957-13.html