Yuvraj is a must for tests

I have been saying for a while use this Test series as a warm-up for the Aussie tour (but have been criticised for saying so) ... this means ... * Determine which squad of players we want to take to Australia * Play all of the players throughout the series ... so that means play Yuvraj aswell * Prepare pitches like the Aussie pitches so that you know which players can handle those conditions better rather than finding out during the Boxing Day test when we are 5/20. Then by the end of the series we will be able to see what our best Test side is heading into Australia and that way we can end this debate about Yuvraj in the test side or not. So I say play Yuvraj during this test series ... but also play Laxman and Ganguly and we can determine who should get the final 2 spots.

^ Well the thing is of our middle order only RD is doing badly at the moment ... so it would be very harsh to drop someone for a year unless Yuvraj can capitalise on his opportunities ... which he should be given during this series. If we want to have any chance of performing decently in Australia we cant start the rebuilding process now ... if Yuvraj performs well in the test series (if he is given opportunities , and he should be given some) then he should be picked for Australia. I say ... throughout these 3 games prepare aussie pitches and play ... KKD, Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Dhoni and determine your best 7 batsman at the end of the series.

^ Well the thing is of our middle order only RD is doing badly at the moment ... so it would be very harsh to drop someone for a year unless Yuvraj can capitalise on his opportunities ... which he should be given during this series. If we want to have any chance of performing decently in Australia we cant start the rebuilding process now ... if Yuvraj performs well in the test series (if he is given opportunities , and he should be given some) then he should be picked for Australia. I say ... throughout these 3 games prepare aussie pitches and play ... KKD, Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Dhoni and determine your best 7 batsman at the end of the series.
It is not easy to prepare pitches as the Australian ones because of factors well documented. Secondly, before picking Yuvraj, all of us would like to see whether he can concentrate for longer period or not (ie, for more than 60-70 overs). Yuvraj can show us that in the FC matches.

Mohali test in 2004?? Against whom? At Mohali we had played Pakistan in 2005 on a dreadfully flat track and it became flatter and slower as the day progressed and Akmal and someone batted the entire 5th day to save the match. We just don't have the clay contents and dry climate to bake the pitch to a hard and bouncy one.

Sorry, I meant Nagpur test in 2004 against Australia ... got confused. That was a very australian pitch
Don't think they can/will prepare such pitches. Shashank Manohar had prepared that pitch to take out his grudge against the BCCI regime then. He must have put some special effort, which he'll NEVER put now for team's sake or Indian cricket's sake!

Yuvraj will get his chance after the Aus series or if someone gets injured. I get the feeling that Aus is the last series for Ganguly and one of RD/VVS. So for SA onwards it would be Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma (this kid is pure class). Personally, I would put him ahread of Yuvraj in tests - but that's only me:pray:.

It is not easy to prepare pitches as the Australian ones because of factors well documented. Secondly, before picking Yuvraj, all of us would like to see whether he can concentrate for longer period or not (ie, for more than 60-70 overs). Yuvraj can show us that in the FC matches.
agree....