Jennifer Lawrence, Mary Elizabeth Winstead hacked: How safe are your cloud photos and data? |Note :Don't post links of nude leaked pictures

vvvslaxman

Of course' date=' but this whole hack scandals has a technical side too. It might affect you, me tomorrow - I think we can know about it a bit. :winky:[/quote'] Yeah..I have been checking 4chan/reddit everyday to get more info how he was able to do it but this discussion can be moved into "iPhone 6" thread which is useless and created by velu anna :giggle:

2FA is an extra layer of security IF your web account gets hacked. It is hardware protected - as in the sense that you need to tell if you're using it from iOS or Android. It can't be strict hardware protected - 2FA device with iPhone4S and X id. There are multiple reasons for it - the most primarily being web services do not manufacture your hardware. Google has limited access to iOS as an OS.
But can't apps have some type of number unique to that hardware if not related to that hardware ? Won't it make it safer ? Also is android also not safe for attack like this ...or simply is there took for my phone too Because it's very scary and I might delete some data

But can't apps have some type of number unique to that hardware if not related to that hardware ? Won't it make it safer ? Also is android also not safe for attack like this ...or simply is there took for my phone too Because it's very scary and I might delete some data
A unique ID for each phone means a potential privacy tracking hazard. Be wise what you wish for.

I still think 2 step verification is worth it as I will receive code on SMS anyway if some one tries also big **** up security wise here was having access to photos without 2 nd verification I know it's hard to implement it but they can probably make it easier now with Touch ID or something Keep in mind Touch ID data is stored locally so this can work

Isn't it already being used in many services ?i know apple is against it but google is using hardware exceptions for 2 step verification ...
In Android, phones can now be unlocked by connecting it to your watches/fitness band via bluetooth. Also, you can also designate secure GPS locations - phone won't ask for password if its within that range. I'm quite sure Apple will also introduce capability to unlock by connecting with watch when they release their watch.

In Android, phones can now be unlocked by connecting it to your watches/fitness band via bluetooth. Also, you can also designate secure GPS locations - phone won't ask for password if its within that range. I'm quite sure Apple will also introduce capability to unlock by connecting with watch when they release their watch.
We are talking about hardware identification in 2 step verification Also dexter I found that u can generate this code in google settings in android even when offline :omg: I am pretty sure it's using some type of hardware identification here otherwise how do u do it offline ? https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118621 From this page
Generate verification codes for Google sign-in screens - even if your device is offline.

We are talking about hardware identification in 2 step verification Also dexter I found that u can generate this code in google settings in android even when offline :omg: I am pretty sure it's using some type of hardware identification here otherwise how do u do it offline ?
I know. I'm just saying that this could be another potential way to get unauthorized access to phones.

I know. I'm just saying that this could be another potential way to get unauthorized access to phones.
I think each device has unique bluetooth address or atleast wifi just like MAC address no ? Also in Motorola you have to enable this feature manually first time and set it up so it will be hard to get in

]I think each device has unique bluetooth address or atleast wifi just like MAC address no ? Also in Motorola you have to enable this feature manually first time and set it up so it will be hard to get in
I think so. But in case of GPS enabled locations, phone wont be locked when its within that range - say, your office. If you leave your phone there (and people do that a LOT) then it won't ask for password. Anyone can get all the stuff from the phone there :hmmm:

I think so. But in case of GPS enabled locations, phone wont be locked when its within that range - say, your office. If you leave your phone there (and people do that a LOT) then it won't ask for password. Anyone can get all the stuff from the phone there :hmmm:
Yep and that's why I think NFC unlock will be better You touch ur wearable and it's unlocked :--D. Maybe there will be some risk here too but they can create secure alternatives

Yep and that's why I think NFC unlock will be better You touch ur wearable and it's unlocked :--D. Maybe there will be some risk here too but they can create secure alternatives
I'd say face/fingerprint recognition, if these work well, are the best. Having your device unlocked by another device (watch/fitness band etc) or within a certain geographic location looks more like a gimmick to me.

I'd say face/fingerprint recognition' date=' if these work well, are the best. Having your device unlocked by another device (watch/fitness band etc) or within a certain geographic location looks more like a gimmick to me.[/quote'] Quell but if people want this feature then NFC is safer Also if they can reduce range then even current system is fine but having device uncooked in same room is bad as most of time I have password for people close to me only and not theft :cantstop:

Quell but if people want this feature then NFC is safer Also if they can reduce range then even current system is fine but having device uncooked in same room is bad as most of time I have password for people close to me only and not theft :cantstop:
Auto correct? Thats the case with most people, especially college school going kids like you and Leo :giggle: