Yuvraj Singh should play for Punjab Ranji Team

haha actually god is better one day player anyday than hussey. But boy hussey just ***** slaps yuvi in tests and odi's BAD
lollllll yuvi doesnt play tests so there is no comparison there dude....and yuvi is our best odi batsmen acc to me so there ..take it up yours and shove it. Tendulkars form in tests as of late is sh*t and hussey just overshadows him with his bradmanesque average.
Yuvraj's FC average is 43.66 and Gangulys 43.74....so its the same. and if gangulys bowlign average is better than yuvraj in domestic, yuvraj sure brings edge in fielding. and maybe yuvraj should have been asked by the selectors to go play ranji or should have made himself available but that doesnt make a diff. Its not his performances that are under the scanner but the fact that middle order is occupied by old warhorses laxman and ganguly.
Yes ... but the question is ... with the BCCI setting everything up for 12-14th men to go play Ranji ... why isnt Yuvi playing ... simple, he knows that if he goes back and plays in a format which he is not as suited to and fails, he goes to the back of the line ... whereas if he sits in the dressing room in Tests and whinges about not getting a chance while scoring in T20 (which isnt cricket) and ODIs he'll get a look in faster. I am not questioning Yuvraj's ability ... I am questioning his commitment. Why doesnt Yuvraj stop whinging and make some runs in the 4-day format ... I dont care how much he averaged 3 years ago ... he could really press for a spot if by going back and scoring centuries for Punjab instead of sitting in the dressing room. I had previously agreed that he is the next in-line when he was constantly picked as 12th man for away series' meaning he could do nothing but score runs in the ODI format (which he was doing) , however here we are ... Test series at home, BCCI have allowed him to go play Ranji but India's "FIGJAM" does not want to play Ranji. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this stage Id say Badrinath should be the next in-line.
Yes ... but the question is ... with the BCCI setting everything up for 12-14th men to go play Ranji ... why isnt Yuvi playing ... simple, he knows that if he goes back and plays in a format which he is not as suited to and fails, he goes to the back of the line ... whereas if he sits in the dressing room in Tests and whinges about not getting a chance while scoring in T20 (which isnt cricket) and ODIs he'll get a look in faster. I am not questioning Yuvraj's ability ... I am questioning his commitment. Why doesnt Yuvraj stop whinging and make some runs in the 4-day format ... I dont care how much he averaged 3 years ago ... he could really press for a spot if by going back and scoring centuries for Punjab instead of sitting in the dressing room. I had previously agreed that he is the next in-line when he was constantly picked as 12th man for away series' meaning he could do nothing but score runs in the ODI format (which he was doing) , however here we are ... Test series at home, BCCI have allowed him to go play Ranji but India's "FIGJAM" does not want to play Ranji. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this stage Id say Badrinath should be the next in-line.
1. Yuvraj hasn't been whinging abt getting a test spot. He has not even once gone against Kumble's decision in the press. He has always stated that these things are not in his hands. All he can do is score runs. 2. Which other Indian player has VOLUNTARILY asked the selectors when already SELECTED in the SQUAD to go play Ranji matches. If there were, then maybe I will agree with you on that he should have. 3. Badrinath against Shoaib, Lee, Muarli etc wont be easy . Yuvraj has already shown he can bat against them.Whether in tests, remains to be seen but I will place my bet on him scoring against them than badri...

^ LOL ... Its no longer considered VOLUNTARILY asking them when they have a policy already in place that allows him to do so ... he doesnt have to ask anyone Secondly ... I am not saying that he cant bat against them , I am just saying that Badrinath deserves to be the next in line over Yuvraj because Badrinath & Tiwary for that matter are grinding out runs in domestic cricket, while Yuvraj is sitting in the dressing rooms doing nothing.

^ LOL ... Its no longer considered VOLUNTARILY asking them when they have a policy already in place that allows him to do so ... he doesnt have to ask anyone Secondly ... I am not saying that he cant bat against them , I am just saying that Badrinath deserves to be the next in line over Yuvraj because Badrinath & Tiwary for that matter are grinding out runs in domestic cricket, while Yuvraj is sitting in the dressing rooms doing nothing.
So who else out of the 14 man squad went to play Ranji? The policy is there but no one has yet used it .Maybe Yuvraj Singh should but you cant question his commitment here since no one else has ever done it in Indian cricket as far as I know. Yuvraj hasnt been sitting in the dressing room. He just came outaa an odi series for which he was the mos and scored in every single match. But yes, I would,ve rather preferred him to go play a game than carry drinks.But that doesn't in any sense means that badri or tiwari are more deserving. I am sure if Badri or tiwari were selected in teh squad, they wont be going to play domestic either VOLUNTARILY.

Well its not just about Yuvraj ... those other players should have gone too ... but I am saying if Yuvraj so desparately wants to play Test cricket he would have used this opportunity ... but I suspect he is worried that if he fails in domestic he will go to the back of the line. By the way, Ishant Sharma was selected in the squad and he is playing this week. I guess India's "FIGJAM" thought he was too good to go back to domestic cricket.

The argument about him needing rest is pretty stupid because if it were up to him hed be playing which means he would have even less rest ... and besides Dhoni has played more cricket than Yuvi over the past 8 months. Secondly, are you telling me Yuvraj is the only player in the entire Indian domestic system that can come on as a substitute fielder?

Because Ishant was already playing domestic and was all set to travel to bombay to play that ranji game when he got a call and was selected for the squad and then the delhi ranji team coach specifically asked rajput that if he is not in the playing x1, can he keep playing ranji for delhi.
You still havent answered my question ... which was why wouldn't Yuvraj who so badly wants this Test spot want to take this opportunity to make some runs and make a statement. The policy is in place to allow him to do so, it has been in place in many countries now including Aus, NZL, Eng, and SAF. The schedule has been set so that the Ranji games are on at the same time , so he is not missing any extra training sessions or anything. I dont care how good he's doing in ODIs ... if he had that hunger for runs and that desire to play test cricket he would go play for Punjab and make some big scores and really send a message to the selectors. If India's "FIGJAM" can prove me wrong over the course of this series then I'll be suprised, and retract my statement about his commitment ... but I doubt I'll be suprised.