Seven minutes late but DD gets feed

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed Fucking pathetic.So much for a proper market. Adam Smith was right, and the Indian government is wrong. Let there be a free market, invisible hand, and no intervention - especially over stupid things like this, which could very well concern present and potential investors in our markets.

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed It's pretty silly the nationalism takes over commercial ventures and I've never heard this happen in any other part of the world. If Sky TV pays for a series and holds exclusive rights then the govt here won't pass a bill saying people without Sky TV are deprieved of rugby so Sky should let the feed come on national TV. If that is the case they why will any corporate big sum to get an exclusive right? In the name of nationalism the DD is ripping the BCCI and the corporates that have paid good money to secure the rights.

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed You don't need STBs for cable TV in India....as yet. So the cable operators have made hay milking the customers here and paying much lesser price to the channel showing only 40% number of customers. But in the rural areas, they don't even have this option. They don't have cable TV and they can only watch Doordarshan. So how will those people watch cricket even if they are willing to pay? And Nimbus is certainly going to lose money from this cricket right of Indian matches because they are charging extraordinary amount of money from the cable operators and cable operators are not willing to pay that. None of the DTHs are having NEO Sports. So even if I'm a subscriber of a DTH, I'm relying on DD to show the match so that I can watch it, even if it is 7 minutes late.

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed

Lets get practicle about it. Cable TV has not reached all over India, especially into the villages. And then again ask a villager to pay 2K+ bucks for a setup box?
Do all those poor villagers also insist that they only see ads by DD?

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed

You don't need STBs for cable TV in India....as yet. So the cable operators have made hay milking the customers here and paying much lesser price to the channel showing only 40% number of customers. But in the rural areas, they don't even have this option. They don't have cable TV and they can only watch Doordarshan. So how will those people watch cricket even if they are willing to pay? And Nimbus is certainly going to lose money from this cricket right of Indian matches because they are charging extraordinary amount of money from the cable operators and cable operators are not willing to pay that. None of the DTHs are having NEO Sports. So even if I'm a subscriber of a DTH, I'm relying on DD to show the match so that I can watch it, even if it is 7 minutes late.
In that case what is the point in having a channel NEO sports. The cable guy ain't showing this channel and neither the DTHs. How do people watch this channel? I thought Nimbus were happy for DD to carry it but DD refused to budge on couple of things and they reckon might is right???
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Seven minutes late but DD gets feed DD is being unreasonable why the hell should they be showing their own ads if they get the feed free.. Some arrangement can be worked out where DD recovers its beaming costy and also makes money whihc otherwise it have made while showing normal crap shows it does anything more than that is tantamount to milking the nimbus.. I wonder why the heck DTH takes 200 rs per month if it can't show these channels..