Session victories count thread

Ram

Even though India won 4 sessions to Pakistan's 2' date=' the match is evenly poised - in fact, one can argue that Pakistan might even be the favorites at this stage.[/quote'] Quite correct. It will be interesting to re-visit this thread after the test is over.

Last session of day 3 goes to India. Misbah did well to counter attack and give Pakistan another sniff but the session still goes to India. Just wanna mention how much I've enjoyed this test match. Just when it looks like one team is running away with it, the other team climbs back in. There was a time yesterday where people thought India would be looking to bat only once. There was then a time today where people were talking about India having to bat for a draw. Both notions were premature, but it shows you how this test match has gone back and forth. A treat to watch.

Last session of day 3 goes to India. Misbah did well to counter attack and give Pakistan another sniff but the session still goes to India. Just wanna mention how much I've enjoyed this test match. Just when it looks like one team is running away with it, the other team climbs back in. There was a time yesterday where people thought India would be looking to bat only once. There was then a time today where people were talking about India having to bat for a draw. Both notions were premature, but it shows you how this test match has gone back and forth. A treat to watch.
I, OTOH, would have enjoyed a complete and total domination by India. To me, riveting cricket implies something like this: Pakistan 100 a.o India 450/3 decl. Pakistan 100 a.o. Unfortunately, "cricket" is winning here.
Just wanna mention how much I've enjoyed this test match. Just when it looks like one team is running away with it, the other team climbs back in. There was a time yesterday where people thought India would be looking to bat only once. There was then a time today where people were talking about India having to bat for a draw. Both notions were premature, but it shows you how this test match has gone back and forth. A treat to watch.
Granted, but the 'back and forth' nature of this test has not really been due to one team really fighting back superbly - it's been more due to the mediocrity from either team imo. India's collapse in the first innings was very poor IMO, and then Pakistan's late fightback in the evening yesterday was largely due to some indifferent fielding and a dropped regulation catch - similarly, there was some very silly batting this morning from Pakistan that let them in yesterday. Both evenly matched teams, and neither of these two is good enough to really force an advantage from one day across several sessions.
Granted' date=' but the 'back and forth' nature of this test has not really been due to one team really fighting back superbly - it's been more due to the mediocrity from either team imo. India's collapse in the first innings was very poor IMO, and then Pakistan's late fightback in the evening yesterday was largely due to some indifferent fielding and a dropped regulation catch - similarly, there was some very silly batting this morning from Pakistan that let them in yesterday. Both evenly matched teams, and neither of these two is good enough to really force an advantage from one day across several sessions.[/quote'] I agree. It was more a case of teams failing to drive home the initiative rather than the team wrestling back the initiative. The first time a team actually built upon a position of strength was this morning and that looks like it will win them the match. Coincidentally it was the first session of the match I didn't watch because of a dinner engagement.