Why does Anil Kumble prefer HS instead of Murali Kartik for the playing 11?

fineleg

Even more amazing you made such a comment when I clearly covered that aspect in my post: "It can vary sometimes on tour where the captain, vice captain and maybe one other senior player selects the team from the squad picked by the selectors ..." However, ..... this (Ind/Pak) is a home series.
It does not "vary sometimes". It is a given for almost all countries for the team management to choose the final XI when on tour. The team management might in some cases include a selector touring with the side. And just for clarification, the way it works in India is that the captain(Kumble) along with the team management (in the present scenario - vice captain, chief selector or his proxy, Tendulkar, Dravid, and Ganguly) decides the final XI even in home tests.

Even though you shot yourself in the foot by following "It does not "vary sometimes"." with "It is a given for almost all countries... , I thank you for the answer to my very simple request that someone shed some light on the oft repeated assertion (in this site) that the Indian captain alone selects the final XI. :regular_smile: