Hats off to KKD and Aggy...

gator

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy... Waise When Raina came India was 80 for 4 required run rate 5.25 and wicket was playing many a trick from there to drive India home with an over to spare. final score of raina 81 in 90 balls has to be a damn good inning

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy... DR, there is a gulf between Raina & KKD. Raina has one or two match winning knocks and that too only in ODIs. Besides all the runs Raina made were in Indian pitches. KKD belongs to a diff class altogether. He has shown that he can tone down his aggressive instincts & build an innings (Capetown, Kolkatta), as well as shift gear & innovate runs (Capetown 2nd innings, 20-20, Kolkatta innings after he went past 50). Plus he has done that in South African conditions against the same bowlers, Raina looked clueless against. I never thought we will produce a wicket keeper batsman who can challenge Dhoni for years to come. But KKD has proved me wrong. Dhoni is a king in ODIs, but in tests, his spot will be under scrutiny, as KKD is breathing down his neck.

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy... Raina's temparament worries me, he doesn't seem to know when to attack and when to defend. Moreover he doesn't quite believe in rotating strike by picking up singles. Karthik batted well yesterday not because he is the talented among the two but because he had a sound idea of what he was trying to achieve out there and was busy through out the inning. I haven't see that mindset in Raina. He's talented all right but still too wet behind ears for international cricket.