Hats off to KKD and Aggy...

gator

No glamor about them... KKD has once again demonstrated that he has the capability of taking India out of jail.... He showed that in the pro20 in SA, the 2nd innings of the test match where he was the lone fighter and again here. He has all the shots in the book, terrific hand-eye coordination and most of all, thrives under pressure.... I have been clamoring since a year for a case of including him as a pure batter and Colonel didnt disappoint... he has so much more to offer than Raina or Kaif or Laxman.... I believe, he sealed his WC spot today....

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy...

I see him displacing Dhoni from the Test team if he has a good world cup.
and you feel, there are batsmen in the domestic circuit more talented than Dhoni who are unfortunately being blocked by these 2 wicketkeepers, any one of whom can be a pure batter?

I see him displacing Dhoni from the Test team if he has a good world cup.
and you feel, there are batsmen in the domestic circuit more talented than Dhoni who are unfortunately being blocked by these 2 wicketkeepers, any one of whom can be a pure batter?
No, I am just being realistic. With the four middle order Test slots almost written in stone (unjusifiably, IMO), there's place for only one WK.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy... do not forget guys against england raina played similar inning while chasing on tricky track in faridabad i guess......... everyone was so effusive with laurels

do not forget guys against england raina played similar inning while chasing on tricky track in faridabad i guess......... everyone was so effusive with laurels
Good point, except that KKD also has a test 90 against Pak in the 2nd innings. Little more credibility than Raina in terms of temperament I think.

Re: Hats off to KKD and Aggy... Dr, u r comparing apples to oranges by comparing raina's achievements to KKD's..... KKD has performed under pressure in a test match against Pak on a seaming wicket in mohali, he has performed under pressure in the waterloo of indian batsmen - South Africa, both in testss and pro20, he has rescued india from 90/7 with a fantastic display of counter-attacking..... no comparison at all.... This lad and Sreesanth(tests) are the future..... No fear....

Guest dada_rocks

do not forget guys against england raina played similar inning while chasing on tricky track in faridabad i guess......... everyone was so effusive with laurels
Good point, except that KKD also has a test 90 against Pak in the 2nd innings. Little more credibility than Raina in terms of temperament I think.
yes if not for that innning sala ham series haar gaye hote wo 2-0 se.. par I am still not sold on him he likes to play too many shots........