Has Sachin recovered yet?

gator

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet?

That shot he played today and the one in first is the same he played in WC'03 vs pakistan - the one which Razzak could not hold on to. I am not sure if its post elbow. To me it looks like he's playing half-measures (soft scoop) in stead of full blooded lofted shot.
it is not half blooded or full blooded.... The point is, the way the bat is consistently turning in his hand.... if it was full blooded, it would turned even more, but the ball would still have lobbed up, but more towards midwicket.... he is conciously avoiding straining his forearms by not grippin the bat tight enuf while playing stronger shots.... his nudges and pushes are still good.... IIRC, Chappell worked exactly on this aspect in a long session in South Africa.... Apparently, Sachin and Chappell said, it was sorted out... but it seems to be still there..... he needs to get over his fitness demons...

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? I have seen several of these in recent years.One of them was in WC'03 and several against Sri Lanka.These are just tentative high follow through scoops without reaching up- mostly at throat of mid on/off or just marginally clearing. It may be more of a technical snag than tennis elbow though I must add that the later might have aggavated the inherent defficiency.

I am not sure' date=' if Sachin has mentally recovered from his tennis elbow injury... He does not grip the bat tight enough with his left arm, which leaves the bat rotating while he plays his shot.... Last odi, he played the lofted straight drive and the bat turned in his hand and the ball just lobbed over the outstretched hands of Chanders.... He played the same shot today and didnt get even that distance...[/quote'] Good observation there Gator, it happened more than once in this game. Even his cover drive headed to mid wicket in one instance. Surely there is a problem with his grip. Anything close when he drives off the backfoot or the front foot the bat's face closes. On a fast pitch it could fetch him few runs on the on side but on a slower pitch it will go in the air and will get out in this fashion more often than not. This can happen not just when you grip the bat too lightly but even when you grip the bat a bit too hard on the bottom hand. I think when you are very tense and not relaxed you will seem to strangle the handle of the bat. I don't reckon this has anything to do with tennis elbow but just nerves. Happens to a lot of batsmen, Sehwag is one prime example.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? thts true in most cases, Ravi.... but if u notice, people with weaker upper hand will compensate with holding the bat tighter with the bottom hand and end up as very good on the leg side play.... and it is true the other way too... Sachin holds the top hand weaker compared to the bottom hand and i havent seen tht before the tennis elbow injury.... he could play the cover drive with the top hand alone as if no bottom hand existed....

he could play the cover drive with the top hand alone as if no bottom hand existed....
He still plays the cover drives as immaculately as he used to(South Africa test matches proves that). That is because the ball is well away from you and usually your reach for the ball is from the top hand. The bottom hand is more of a guiding hand for the cover drives and comes to play for follow through. Driving closer to the body involves fair bit of bottom hand and when hitting on the leg side there is plenty of bottom hand involved. All said and done Tendulkar surely has been closing the face of the bat way too soon since his comeback from injury.