Has Sachin recovered yet?

gator

I am not sure, if Sachin has mentally recovered from his tennis elbow injury... He does not grip the bat tight enough with his left arm, which leaves the bat rotating while he plays his shot.... Last odi, he played the lofted straight drive and the bat turned in his hand and the ball just lobbed over the outstretched hands of Chanders.... He played the same shot today and didnt get even that distance...

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? Whichever u spin it Gambit, Dhondy is right, sadly. Pointing a few scorecards where he has delivered under pressure is not proof enuff. He has failed far too often than succeeded when the going gets tough. His genius of an ability helped him overcome his mental weaknesses during his hey days, now that his ability is waning, he's become a poor pressure player. Sad, but true.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? Bumper, my issue is with double standards. No one points out RD's,Gangs' or anyone else's failures as much as is done for SRT's. India have won only two ODI trophies in the last 9 years and one of them is due to SRT. What has Dravid done for us? Any trophy wins? Veeru? Yuvi? SRT got us to a WC semi and a WC final. No other batsman has done this for us. Sad but true. When some other batsman does this for us, let me know.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? Also, it's funny to see 35/2. 10/1, 104/2,240/2 become pressure situations if SRT is dismissed within 10-15 runs of coming in such situations. No one points out the T1I1,T2I1 runs in RSA scored under pressure. Sad but true. Double standards.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? Yes, Dravid along with all the top order batters deserve criticism. But Tendu's criticism just like the adulation that he gets, will always be disproportionate to his performances. If Dravid is hyped up to be the greatest since Bradman, u'll see swords hanging out when Dravid blunders. To his credit, Dravid has improved as a ODI player compared to other top order old timers, who are more on the decline.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet?

Also' date=' it's funny to see 35/2. 10/1, 104/2,240/2 become pressure situations if SRT is dismissed within 10-15 runs of coming in such situations. No one points out the T1I1,T2I1 runs in RSA scored under pressure. Sad but true. Double standards.[/quote'] You seem happy with Tendu's test exploits in SA ? That Durban innings of 65 is his best innings. Rest of them, were not good enuff by his standards, which is falling every day.

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet?

The guy averages 44 at an SR of 89 after 350 ODIs. What exactly are we complaining about?
But there never was any pressure in the good knocks among those 350 ODIs :lol: And great job with personal jabs, the only resort when there is no point :wtg:

Re: Has Sachin recovered yet? That shot he played today and the one in first is the same he played in WC'03 vs pakistan - the one which Razzak could not hold on to. I am not sure if its post elbow. To me it looks like he's playing half-measures (soft scoop) in stead of full blooded lofted shot.