Badrinath should be next in line

bharat297

Predator, What are you talking? Did Badri not score against a fairly strong South Africa-A team - it is not easy to score against Intl-A team like South Africa. Badri does have the talent. He may or may not succeed - but hasn't that earned a call atleast to try for a few Test series and see? 200 against SA - read scorecard: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/309394.html There was another match: ONE DAY MATCH: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/india/engine/match/309427.html 88 in 89 balls against Langeveldt, Morkel, Kleinveldt So, what are you on and on about? What about the above?

Predator, What are you talking? Did Badri not score against a fairly strong South Africa-A team - it is not easy to score against Intl-A team like South Africa. Badri does have the talent. He may or may not succeed - but hasn't that earned a call atleast to try for a few Test series and see? 200 against SA - read scorecard: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/309394.html There was another match: ONE DAY MATCH: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/india/engine/match/309427.html 88 in 89 balls against Langeveldt, Morkel, Kleinveldt So, what are you on and on about? What about the above?
This is just nit-picking, but i'll entertain you anyway. Apart from Langeveldt and Ontong (who is crap, BTW) none of those frontline bowlers have played cricket regularly for South Africa. Who are de Wet and Kleinveldt ? Can you tell me if they are they any good ? Akash Chopra and Parthiv got hundreds too - why aren't people discussing them ?

Predator, Are you saying I'm nitpicking here? Why? Unless you put him in the Indian 11, Shaun Pollock and Dale Steyn won't bowl to him, right? So, this is their A-squad - the next best in South Africa - who are usually good fast bowling country, right? And regarding others, sure Parthiv is consistent, Badri is consistent outisde of this A-squad matches also. Chopra unfortunately is not so consistent in his domestics.

This is just nit-picking' date=' but i'll entertain you anyway. Apart from Langeveldt and Ontong (who is crap, BTW) none of those frontline bowlers have played cricket regularly for South Africa. Who are de Wet and Kleinveldt ? Can you tell me if they are they any good ? Akash Chopra and Parthiv got hundreds too - why aren't people discussing them ?[/quote'] Okay, Predz, since we are all nitpicking let's hear about some of Poster boy's achievements against quality bowling attacks in tough conditions.
Okay' date=' Predz, since we are all nitpicking let's hear about some of Poster boy's achievements against quality bowling attacks in tough conditions.[/quote'] :giggle: PS: Nothing against poster boy, he also deserves his chance as per the pecking order. We are just debating pecking order here.

We never know what Badri will end up being. At the moment, I reckon even Rohit Sharma is ahead of him in the pecking order. We've seen too many domestic stars fade away in the international scene, for Badri to inspire any immediate confidence or hope. We must first look to bring Sehwag and Yuvraj back into our test lineup.

Predator, Are you saying I'm nitpicking here? Why? Unless you put him in the Indian 11, Shaun Pollock and Dale Steyn won't bowl to him, right? So, this is their A-squad - the next best in South Africa - who are usually good fast bowling country, right? And regarding others, sure Parthiv is consistent, Badri is consistent outisde of this A-squad matches also. Chopra unfortunately is not so consistent in his domestics.
I thought guys like Morne Morkel, Philander, Du Preez were the best bowlers outside the test side ? Whatever. I don't know enough about SA cricket to comment Chopra has scored only 20 odd runs less than Badrinath, so the "consistency" argument doesn't hold. I'd rather take Chopra 'cos at least i know he can score against good bowlers and not just against Faiq, Kalyankrishna and Jobanputra.
Okay' date=' Predz, since we are all nitpicking let's hear about some of Poster boy's achievements against quality bowling attacks in tough conditions.[/quote'] I thought we were discussing Chywanprash's merits as a future Test cricketer ? Tell me, why do you value runs against Sulabh Srivastava, Kalyankrishna and other various trundlers as highly as runs against good, international class bowlers ? Badrinath needs to get in line behind Tiwari, Parthiv and Rohit Sharma.
I thought guys like Morne Morkel, Philander, Du Preez were the best bowlers outside the test side ? Whatever. I don't know enough about SA cricket to comment Chopra has scored only 20 odd runs less than Badrinath, so the "consistency" argument doesn't hold. I'd rather take Chopra 'cos at least i know he can score against good bowlers and not just against Faiq, Kalyankrishna and Jobanputra.
Predz, I know you to be a better observer of cricket than comparing a middle order bat with an opener.
Okay' date=' Predz, since we are all nitpicking let's hear about some of Poster boy's achievements against quality bowling attacks in tough conditions.[/quote'] Lone 100 http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64082.html Good 50 http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/226362.html Lone 50 http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/226363.html Lone 100 http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/234783.html
Been there done that' date=' Bumper. 2 out of those 4 knocks are either pressure less or on flat tracks. Heck, Kaif has more influential innings than Yuvraj in Tests.[/quote'] What been there, done that ? I just pointed 4 knocks, THREE of which came in situations when no other batsman crossed 50 in the innings. Pressure less flat tracks, eh ? Show me ONE knock from Tendulkar starting from Ind-SL 2005, in which he has managed such a feat ?
What been there' date=' done that ? I just pointed 4 knocks, THREE of which came in situations when no other batsman crossed 50 in the innings. Pressure less flat tracks, eh ? Show me ONE knock from Tendulkar starting from Ind-SL 2005, in which he has managed such a feat ?[/quote'] Are we discussing Tendulkar? Let's talk Yuvraj.
We can talk Yuvraj' date=' but i just want to show how we judge Yuvraj by diff standards. Your question that Yuvraj hasnt navigated tough conditions well has been statistically answered.[/quote'] Of course the two are going to be treated differentially. One has scored 11,000+ test runs in all conditions against the toughest opponents, the other has done jack$hit is Tests. Hope I've made it simple enough.

Shwetabh and Bharat, Yuvraj has proved himself against the best bowlers in the world for 7 years, albeit in a different format. So there is absolutely no doubt about how he'll face them in future. Whereas in Badri's case, he HASN'T faced an international attack as yet. Hence he is an unproven commodity and there is no way in the world that he or for that matter anyone else get chance for tests the moment a vacancy appears! It is simply a futile discussion and a wishful thinking that Badri will get chance in tests before Yuvraj Singh!

Of course the two are going to be treated differentially. One has scored 11' date='000+ test runs in all conditions against the toughest opponents, the other has done jack is Tests. Hope I've made it simple enough.[/quote'] We can talk of Tendulkar till the cows come home, but your queries on Yuvraj's ability to play in tough conditions has been answered. He is batting like a dream right now & deserves to play.