Badrinath should be next in line

bharat297

We can talk of Tendulkar till the cows come home' date=' but your queries on Yuvraj's ability to play in tough conditions has been answered. He is batting like a dream right now & deserves to play.[/quote'] If Yuvraj's form in onedayers is what makes you back his place for a test team, then I wonder why you call the man who is the leading run-scorer for Ind in one-dayers this year to be dropped from the test side. :D
If Yuvraj's form in onedayers is what makes you back his place for a test team' date=' then I wonder why you call the man who is the leading run-scorer for Ind in one-dayers this year to be dropped from the test side. :D[/quote'] Nice try, if Yuvraj is ONLY playing ODIs, thats the only thing u can look at. In Sachin's case, he plays both formats & hence will be judged by his resp performances. I do agree that we must simply make him play ODIs & then extrapolate what he would do in tests, based on his ODI performances:D
Chandan, Tests and ODIs are a different ball game. This infact is the argument used in arguing selections for cricketers, right? So why is this "proved himself in a different format" matter for TEST Matches?
It does matter because India's FC structure is not good enough to be trusted. The bowlers are extremely poor, pitches don't have bounce to test/trouble the batsmen as the international pitches, fielding is pathetic---in short, the FC cricket of India doesn't ready a player for international cricket. Hence, unfortunately, India has to groom its players during international matches. Badrinath is a totally unproven commodity who, we don't know, has the quality to score against international bowlers or not on better pitches. He might be good but we are not sure, we simply do not know. While in Yuvraj's case it is not a proble,. I hope you get the point now.
Nice try' date=' if Yuvraj is ONLY playing ODIs, thats the only thing u can look at. In Sachin's case, he plays both formats & hence will be judged by his resp performances. I do agree that we must simply make him play ODIs & then extrapolate what he would do in tests, based on his ODI performances:D[/quote'] Which is precisely the reason why , it was really really surprising to see you call for Sachin's axing even AFTER he scored 2 centuries in BD , was amongst the top scorers in England, apart from his one day performances against S.Africa, Eng, Aus and Pakistan . That is essentially 5 months of international cricket you have neglected. Strange.
Chandan, Tests and ODIs are a different ball game. This infact is the argument used in arguing selections for cricketers, right? So why is this "proved himself in a different format" matter for TEST Matches?
Finey, do you recall how KKD killed our mediocre domestic bowlers in the Ranji semis & finals ? Pit him against Shoaib Akhtar & he looks like a rabbit under head lights. Yuvraj has played Akhtar type bowlers for close to 7 years. Thats the difference
Which is precisely the reason why , it was really really surprising to see you call for Sachin's axing even AFTER he scored 2 centuries in BD , was amongst the top scorers in England, apart from his one day performances against S.Africa, Eng, Aus and Pakistan . That is essentially 5 months of international cricket you have neglected. Strange.
You dont wanna go the Tendulkar, route Sriram. We've done & dusted this topic many times. Am really bored of this topic.
In place of whom?
I'll move Dravid to the opener's slot & get Yuvraj in at 6. KKD makes way. 1) Dravid isnt in prime form at the moment, so there isnt much we would lose by asking him to open 2) With KKD opening, Dravid has already come in twice within the first 3 overs (so hardly makes any difference) 3) We can fit Laxy in at 3
Everyone denigrating India's FC structure' date=' name me one batsman with a FC average of 42 who became an all time great in the Indian batting line up. I am not saying anyone scoring 50+ in FC in India is world class, but someone who scores 10 less than that in FC can certainly not be world class.[/quote'] Why should we worry about batsman becoming all time greats. I would be happy if Yuvraj can replace a Ganguly.
I'll move Dravid to the opener's slot & get Yuvraj in at 6. KKD makes way. 1) Dravid isnt in prime form at the moment, so there isnt much we would lose by asking him to open 2) With KKD opening, Dravid has already come in twice within the first 3 overs (so hardly makes any difference) 3) We can fit Laxy in at 3
What if Dravid says, "I am not an opener, I am not going to open"? Moreover, Karthik is our highest run getter in Tests this year.
What if Dravid says' date=' "I am not an opener, I am not going to open"? Moreover, Karthik is our highest run getter in Tests this year.[/quote'] karthik is highest test runer no doubt abt it...but the way he has played akhtar in two innings is not impressive at all...he didnt look like karthik in england where he faced sidebottam and anderson easily...
Why should we worry about batsman becoming all time greats. I would be happy if Yuvraj can replace a Ganguly.
When Ganguly is performing better than his average performance over the past year averaging close to 50 why would you trust someone with zero qualification to develop a test innings over him? You are not talking about replacing an average of 40 here, btu an average of 50 because that's what Ganguly has been averaging over the past year besides being a much better bowler.