Bhailog - 1-0 finally ho gaya hai..

Cricketics

I imagine this would be quite a satisfying victory, and a well deserved one. The match could have slipped away from India at one point but they kept plugging away and finally edged ahead of Pakistan at the outset of Day 4. They never looked back after that. Shame though, with Shoaib bowling the way he was, a target of around 260 would have produced a classic finish. Here's to hoping we continue to see good competitive test cricket in this series.

Simply put the more experienced and the better team won. India has clearly been a better test team in the last few years meanwhile Pakistan since late 90s has dwindled away. I hope they don't go the WI way, losing series after series. I'm not used a meek Pakistan team but this one is quite like that. If they don't bounce back in the next game they will have to endure a very tough immediate future what with Aussies visiting Pakistan next. An overseas England series ending in embarrassment, world cup crash out against Ireland, losing the ODI and test series to Saffies, Twenty 20 WC finals loss, ODI series loss to India and now losing the first test must be quite hard for Pakistan cricket public to digest. It's "Now or never" for Pakistan. If they don't bounce back this team will be labeled the biggest losers ever in the history of Pakistan cricket.

I'm very happy with the result of the match and I don't think we should use this thread as the post-mortem of the match. Hence congrats to India for winning the final battle today after losing a few initial battles inside 4 days of the match. I hope we improve in every departments to perform even better in the next match!