Sexual Abuse in Ashrams?

head coach

Guest dada_rocks
KR' date=' There is no point in uncovering Sai Baba because it has already been done by HariSampath and others who were victims. The whole idea of this discussion was to share personal stories or one on one incidents if anyone had with these so called "[b']Gods"(man made ones). And I was only pointing out the authenticity of HariSampath's remark. I believe you are not foolish enough to think that a remark on Sai Baba is a dig on Hindu religion because he is no way associated with the religion! Please do some research if you want to contradict it.Again it is not at all an attempt to discuss about any Hindu deity or any other religion for that matter please don't get pumped-up by reading comments by fundamentalists. Talking about a Muslim Extremist is not going to affect Muslim religion as such. There is an investigation on enormous personal wealth accumulated by some Christian evangelist here in US. Personally I dont think a discussion about it puts Christian religion in a deplorable state. Again if people get offended by this you are welcome to delete the thread. An ugly truth is sometimes difficult to understand than a pretty lie!
I googled and found equal number of articles blasting Harisampath so who sud I believe now..Suddenly u guys have turned into over=credulous just because it's written on some webpage by some person. BTW which God was created by anyone other than man; they can call themselves messiha but remain a man flesh in blood.. All their claims remian uncorroborated meaning no witness was ever present.. so what the hell are u harping on mad-made God in this case, unless there is some historical evidence of God himself walking and handing over some religious code to some xyz person witnessed by others it's all eyewash. And yes in matters of belief one person's holy scripture becomes ugly edict for others and it works both ways.

Guest dada_rocks
As long as you and others are willing to extend the same courtesy to mahashays of other religions .... Last time I checked you were frothing from all your orifices when DR & me were putting up some ugly facts of mahashays from ROP.
HE is already insinuating that since those edicts have come directly from god by using the phrase man-made god viz a viz Sai-baba hence is off limit..:haha: Only problem is even this claim that so and so brought direct edict from God is a bellief as uncorroborated as any other.

Guest HariSampath
FYI ' date=' this site does not permit bad mouthing of any religion , god or god man . Satya Sai baba happens to have millions of followers world wide who believe that he is god or great saint. So please don't bad mouth him lest you offend the sensibilities of devotees here and worldwide. Lot of people feel the same way about the prophet. They have been warned not to bad mouth the prophet by the Moderators. Same thing here.I hope you understand.[/quote'] I know what you mean , and I am not offending any religion per se. As far as sai baba is concerned, I am quite firm in my views and what I have done to expose him, my views on him ( with rock solid proof), are all over the media, have been so for years, and yes I had been personally involved in worldwide efforts to pull millions away from the clutches of this fake godman, and also to save young men from being sexually abused ( minors). You seem to indicate that publicly criticising Sathya Sai Baba is tantamount to hurting Hindu sentiments or offending the sensibilities of his "devotees". I had a website years back, the first of its kind called sathyasaivictims.com and it used to get literally 1000s of hits every hour the world over. See what I had to say in the very introduction, maybe you will understand where I come from. ******************************************** WELCOME! This is a website that seeks to bring to any interested reader, several aspects of Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi, India, that were not known generally to the public previously. As most readers may know, Sathya Sai Baba is probably the most followed spiritual Guru of India, and has a sizeable following in more than a hundred countries. He claims to possess miraculous powers of creation, healing, raising the dead, and says that he is Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient. He has been claiming for the past 60 years, that he is God Almighty in human form and The Messiah. He has also done a few creditable charity works, over the decades, and a lot of his followers experience real spiritual transformation and lead inspired lives. The purpose of this website is not to discuss his spiritual philosophy, teachings that he preaches, or his welfare activities. This website does not seek to take any particular position on any religious thought or beliefs, or to pass judgment on the followers of Sathya Sai Baba. The only purpose of this website is to document the experiences that several long time followers of Sathya Sai Baba have had with him, which could be described as completely in contradiction to what Sathya Sai Baba publicly professes to be. The intention is to inform the readers about these experiences of several former followers of Sathya Sai Baba. The readers should , of course, analyze this information and form their own opinions about Sathya Sai Baba. Some of the accounts of former devotees may be quite graphic and explicit in nature, strong reader discretion is advised. Every effort has been made to verify the experiences recounted by the former followers, and several media agencies around the world too have found the authenticity of the contents of this website, good enough to publish. I thank you for visiting this site, and sincerely hope that you leave a better-informed person. May Truth and Love Guide us all. Hari Sampath **************************************************************

Guest HariSampath
Guys, If I remember correctly, Hari used to work at Saibaba's place and later went to court seeing all that was happening there. He was well discussed in the press then. Just do a google on Harisampath and SaiBaba. He basically uncovered a whole lot!
After my masters in NY, I came to Prashanti Nilayam in the mid 1990s, and was part of a wing called "Ashram intelligence and security wing"...purely in a voluntary capacity , for several months a year. I was of course an ardent follower of Sathya sai Baba, and then I uncovered so many things about him like sexual abuse of minor boys, trickery and fakery which he called miracles etc, and also the fact this was a huge racket. I left his movement and started an international effort to expose him some 10 years back. Of course I must mention that I was never a victim myself, but I personally knew many people who had been abused by sai baba. I also know this sort of a thing has been going on with the catholic church, in various Islam centers and other places as well. And I no way subscribe to the fact that sathya sai baba is who he claims to be " Lord Krishna and Lord Rama reborn, The Father who sent Christ and the El Mehdi described in Islamic prophecy"...and I have solid physical verifiable evidence to show he is a fraud. Period

All this begs the question What is it about these godmen that make people believe in them? Not just Sai Baba, but godmen in general? It must take a special gift to have millions of people be devoted to you? I can't even get my 2-yr old daughter to be devoted to me :regular_smile:! Any thoughts?

After my masters in NY, I came to Prashanti Nilayam in the mid 1990s, and was part of a wing called "Ashram intelligence and security wing"...purely in a voluntary capacity , for several months a year. I was of course an ardent follower of Sathya sai Baba, and then I uncovered so many things about him like sexual abuse of minor boys, trickery and fakery which he called miracles etc, and also the fact this was a huge racket. I left his movement and started an international effort to expose him some 10 years back. Of course I must mention that I was never a victim myself, but I personally knew many people who had been abused by sai baba. I also know this sort of a thing has been going on with the catholic church, in various Islam centers and other places as well. And I no way subscribe to the fact that sathya sai baba is who he claims to be " Lord Krishna and Lord Rama reborn, The Father who sent Christ and the El Mehdi described in Islamic prophecy"...and I have solid physical verifiable evidence to show he is a fraud. Period

You seem to indicate that publicly criticising Sathya Sai Baba is tantamount to hurting Hindu sentiments or offending the sensibilities of his "devotees". I had a website years back, the first of its kind called sathyasaivictims.com and it used to get literally 1000s of hits every hour the world over. See what I had to say in the very introduction, maybe you will understand where I come from.
Again , The issue here is not whether he is a fake charlatan or not ! The issue here is the platform that you are using to expose Sai baba. ICF is not meant to be used as a platform to expose Sai baba, Guru nanak , prophet mohammed etc according to the Mods of this site. They are concerned about legal ramification of permitting such content and rightly so. Additionally , they are concerned that the contents might trample upon the sensitivities of minorities. What makes you think that this is any different? Their are dime a dozen net savvy Sai devotees who will not take lightly to your comments about Sai baba and the platform(ICF) is of issue here not the content. Also, keep in mind the bigger picture which never occurred to me also before which is the fact that they want ICF to grow and one day potentially become the portal of choice for Indian greats like VVS , Gavaskar, Sachin etc who all happen to be Sai devotees and who might get turned him because of this. BTW, thanks for getting Cheeka into this website.That was a commendable achievement. Also, Folks like DR , GKD, BB etc have been warned not to criticize the prophet Mohammed . I can't put it in words what they have to say about Prophet but it's along similar lines of what you think about baba. If you are allowed to expose sai baba who happens to have millions of devotees worldwide that would rival Sikhism in strength in numbers , then the question begs , is Guru Nanak , Prophet etc are all fair game. What's your take on this ? As regards to your website , you are free to expose him there. And even Satyasai.org gets millions of hits every hour .Popularity of a website does not vindicate your point of view about Sai baba.This is gonna be my last post on this subject. If you still feel exposing Sai baba here in ICF is the right thing to do , then go ahead.I won't be bothered.

Guest HariSampath
Again ' date=' The issue here is not whether he is a fake charlatan or not ! The issue here is the platform that you are using to expose Sai baba. ICF is not meant to be used as a platform to expose Sai baba, Guru nanak , prophet mohammed etc according to the Mods of this site. They are concerned about legal ramification of permitting such content and rightly so. Additionally , they are concerned that the contents might trample upon the sensitivities of minorities. What makes you think that this is any different? Their are dime a dozen net savvy Sai devotees who will not take lightly to your comments about Sai baba and the platform(ICF) is of issue here [b']not the content. Also, keep in mind the bigger picture which never occurred to me also before which is the fact that they want ICF to grow and one day potentially become the portal of choice for Indian greats like VVS , Gavaskar, Sachin etc who all happen to be Sai devotees. BTW, thanks for getting Cheeka into this website.That was a commendable achievement.Folks like DR , GKD, BB etc have been warned not to criticize the prophet Mohammed . I can't put it in words what they have to say about Prophet but it's along similar lines of what you think about baba. If you are allowed to expose sai baba who happens to have millions of devotees worldwide that would rival Sikhism in strength in numbers , then the question begs , is Guru Nanak , Prophet etc are all fair game. What's your take on this ? As regards to your website , you are free to expose him there. And even Satyasai.org gets millions of hits every hour .Popularity of a website does not vindicate your point of view about Sai baba.This is gonna be my last post on this subject. If you still feel exposing Sai baba here in ICF is the right thing to do , then go ahead.I won't be bothered.
KR...don't get excited...please note the following points. 1. I did NOT start any thread to expose sai baba or anything, nor it is my intention to use ICF for this. In fact over the last 2 months I had been asked by many ICFers specifically on Sai Baba in relation to match fixing etc all of which I had never answered but remained discreetly silent. I don't need any publicity through ICF as I have already been doing all I should do through the mainstream international media, both electronic and print, with a far wider reach. I came here just for cricket and I am hugely enjoying it too. 2. When I saw this thread and its OP and later comments on Sai Baba, I just pointed out what I knew about him, thats all. If the thread is a valid thread ( on chit chat, it is, my personal view), then it follows that my later comments which specifically dealt with the OP are valid too. Especially as anyone who google sai baba and my name can obviously see why; I had to clarify when you or someone else pointed out that many people disagreed with me ( sai baba devotees); I had to say that I had never ever been against sb devotees; that is all. 3. As this is a public discussion forum, I assume there may have been others who had been critical of the prophet, guru nanak, Jesus, Krishna etc...I have no problems with it. My point of view has always been debate sensibly, debate with respect and logical facts, thats as simple as anything. If the ICF mods have a policy of never discussing religion/any religious leader etc, it has never been brought to my notice so far. Again if someone openly criticises Adolf Hitler and if we ( theoritically) have a few people saying " nazism is my religion and Hitler my prophet, so I am offended", is that acceptable ? So who defines Religion/leaders/gurus etc ? Are we to go by the view that if 1 million people follow something it is automatically legitimate ? I disagree. I can go one step further and say that as a Hindu , I am offended by anyone who calls Sai Baba a true god incarnate..well the debate is endless . Point is I am not against any particular religion as you may have seen I had also criticised the catholic church as well as some Islamic centers etc. As far as I am concerned, I would be perfectly willing to answer any and all questions on Sai Baba whoever is interested without offending ANYONE, whether publicly or by PM....there it ends for me.

Guest HariSampath
Also, keep in mind the bigger picture which never occurred to me also before which is the fact that they want ICF to grow and one day potentially become the portal of choice for Indian greats like VVS , Gavaskar, Sachin etc who all happen to be Sai devotees and who might get turned him because of this. BTW, thanks for getting Cheeka into this website.That was a commendable achievement.
So does that mean that no one here should say or do anything that may potentially affect ICF someday....meaning we don't bash SRT...don't bash Dada, never criticise anyone etc... come on... I have had debates lasting years on Sai Baba with even very big political leaders in India...some have agreed , some have disagreed, but that had never come in the way of other things. I had brought so many things personally to the attention of Mr LK Advani, who himself used to see Sai Baba, as I know Mr Advani very well; PM Vajpayee had written a public letter condemning me and those like me, but I still retain a very good relationship with the BJP top brass although I had been openly criticised by Mr Vajpayee, a follower of Sai Baba. Should I compromise my principles for small time expediency ? NO I shall not. All the cricketers you have mentioned know about my public position on Sai Baba, so what ? If they get turned off ICF because of one members view on Sai Baba, I couldn't give a damn. I want them to have ICF as their site of choice for the RIGHT reason...that is cricket. Period. ( thanks about the Cheeka bit...incidentally he was the only cricketer in the Reliance cup team who refused to go to meet Sai Baba despite so much pressure from the team :-) )

So does that mean that no one here should say or do anything that may potentially affect ICF someday....meaning we don't bash SRT...don't bash Dada, never criticise anyone etc... come on... I have had debates lasting years on Sai Baba with even very big political leaders in India...some have agreed , some have disagreed, but that had never come in the way of other things. I had brought so many things personally to the attention of Mr LK Advani, who himself used to see Sai Baba, as I know Mr Advani very well; PM Vajpayee had written a public letter condemning me and those like me, but I still retain a very good relationship with the BJP top brass although I had been openly criticised by Mr Vajpayee, a follower of Sai Baba. Should I compromise my principles for small time expediency ? NO I shall not. All the cricketers you have mentioned know about my public position on Sai Baba, so what ? If they get turned off ICF because of one members view on Sai Baba, I couldn't give a damn. I want them to have ICF as their site of choice for the RIGHT reason...that is cricket. Period. ( thanks about the Cheeka bit...incidentally he was the only cricketer in the Reliance cup team who refused to go to meet Sai Baba despite so much pressure from the team :-) )
have you met Tendulkar? what's he like!?

Guest HariSampath
have you met Tendulkar? what's he like!?
I don't know Sachin too well personally , from what I had on and off seen , right from the late 1980s , maybe a few times for much fewer minutes: He is an excellent person, very very nice, genuinely humble fellow. I got the impression that his non abrasive personality sometimes has led to a lack of killer instinct as far as competitive situations go. He plays close to his chest and doesn't let others know too much about what he thinks, especially if he disagrees.

I don't know Sachin too well personally ' date=' from what I had on and off seen , right from the late 1980s , maybe a few times for much fewer minutes: He is an excellent person, very very nice, genuinely humble fellow. I got the impression that his non abrasive personality sometimes has led to a lack of killer instinct as far as competitive situations go. He plays close to his chest and doesn't let others know too much about what he thinks, especially if he disagrees.[/quote'] thanks buddy..i'm gonna refrain from hijacking this thread now!