FAO ICF based in India.

Dhoni's English

I arrive in India on Dec 10th and have been trying to e.mail the Manali Guest House in Anjuna, Goa for the best part of 2/3 days. The problem is that my mails keep getting returned with the message 'The Postmaster general blah blah blah. Does anyone know if there is a problem with the ISP 'Rediff'? BTW this is getting urgent because at the moment I don't have accomodation and I don't fancy traipsing round Goa looking for somewhere to stay for two weeks. Your assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated. Many thanks. Stephen.:pray:

Possible list things you could do, -- Try a different e-mail service, like yahoo or gmail. -- Check if the e-mail id that you have of the guest house is correct. -- Try to call the guest house itself -- And make arrangements NOW for alternate accommodation. Since you have been to Goa before , you would probably have an idea of what kind of hotels you could stay in.

DE, Check this website if its the same hotel. There is a link at the bottom with phone number etc, see if it is of any help. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/destinations/asia/india/goa?poi=153047 xx
Tel: 0832 2274421 (info) Tel: 0832 2273477 (info) Email: manalionline@siffy.com Yes this is the one thank you. Are these cell phone no's or landline no's? And with it saying info in brackets I'm guessing on a recorded message. I'll try these nos. early next week. I do have a couple of places to fall back on but the Manali is the safest and most conveniently situated.

Possible list things you could do, -- Try a different e-mail service, like yahoo or gmail. -- Check if the e-mail id that you have of the guest house is correct. -- Try to call the guest house itself -- And make arrangements NOW for alternate accommodation. Since you have been to Goa before , you would probably have an idea of what kind of hotels you could stay in.
I do have a yahoo account so I'll try that option now. It is definitely the correct e.mail address. Tel: 0832 2274421 (info) Tel: 0832 2273477 (info) Email: manalionline@siffy.com Don't know whether these are cell phone nos or landline nos, but will try on Monday when my finances permot me to. I have a friend who knows plenty of accom. in Candolim so if all else fails it could be a stay here for a change. Thanks.

i think the email id is wrong..it should be should be manalionline@sify.com sify is an ISP in india...and also a portal..
Thank you so much. I'll give that one a try. What about the phone numbers? Do they look like a local (Goa) no. or would you say they were cell phone nos? In either case do I need the Indian code in front of them? Many thanks.:two_thumbs_up:

Come on Dhoni pick the phone and dial that number :haha:
An even better idea you ring for me and I'll paypal you the cost of the call. Just say an English gentleman(:haha:) has stayed at your fine establishment twice last year and would like to make a reservation from Dec11th until Dec 25th. Name is Mr. S. Elliott. Cheers.:two_thumbs_up::yay::dance::eyedance::pray:

An even better idea you ring for me and I'll paypal you the cost of the call. Just say an English gentleman(:haha:) has stayed at your fine establishment twice last year and would like to make a reservation from Dec11th until Dec 25th. Name is Mr. S. Elliott. Cheers.:two_thumbs_up::yay::dance::eyedance::pray:
I rarely phone India. It's always headache. Give me your credit card details and I might do it for you :haha: Is your name really Mrs Elliot? :hysterical:

I rarely phone India. It's always headache. Give me your credit card details and I might do it for you :haha: Is your name really Mrs Elliot? :hysterical:
Ha ha. I thought you was in India. If you look closely there is a full stop after Mr. therefore my name is Mr. S. Elliott. S being the first letter of my first name. Have you been drinking?:beer_yum::haha::hysterical:

i think the email id is wrong..it should be should be manalionline@sify.com sify is an ISP in india...and also a portal..
Well I've not had my e.mail returned yet saying 'unable to deliver', so tings could be looking up:pray:. Lonely Planet are a bunch of tossers giving out crap info like that. I never follow what they say. Word of mouth is the best innit?:two_thumbs_up:

Nice one. Sorted. Is Indian stretch time 5 and a half in front of GMT at the mo? So it'd be about 7.10am there now?
Yes, its five and a half hours ahead. So 2 am GMT is 7.30 am IST You can probably call them in 2 hours.