Bring in Yuvraj for Australia Test series: Wright

DesiChap

Ganguly should be dropped. He loves playing against crappy bowling attacks. Look at the 2003 WC when scored all those runs against the minnows but cocked up against the real teams. Now he is facing a weak Pakistani attack and making runs. It was a mistake bringing him back in the first place.
I am guessing that you have neither watched any cricket in recent times...nor read the sports pages .
yeah every cricket expert says yuvraj should be in the playing 11' date=' but no one has the courage to say who should be dropped to accomodate him[/quote'] Exactly ... Id like to see some cricket expert have the b**** to say who should go. Its pretty obvious who they want to see go though. I am pretty sure all the experts want Ganguly out. But we would be stupid to drop Ganguly for Yuvraj. For all his "weaknesses" the man is an absolute fighter who is not scared or initimidated by anyone, least of all the Aussies. I will never forget his 144 in Brisbane in the 1st Test in 2003/04. That innings was definitely one under pressure and it changed the whole tone of that match and eventually the series too. More recently his innings in England were superb, especially that crisp 57 at the Oval. I have heard people say stuff like because the Australian grounds are so big he wont be able to hit boundaries and his running between wickets will be exposed. I would counter that by saying that Ganguly is IMO the best timer of the cricket ball in our side. If he gets the ball into the gap, then it will invariably go for 4 (especially on the quick aussie outfields)
Exactly ... Id like to see some cricket expert have the b**** to say who should go. Its pretty obvious who they want to see go though. I am pretty sure all the experts want Ganguly out. But we would be stupid to drop Ganguly for Yuvraj. For all his "weaknesses" the man is an absolute fighter who is not scared or initimidated by anyone, least of all the Aussies. I will never forget his 144 in Brisbane in the 1st Test in 2003/04. That innings was definitely one under pressure and it changed the whole tone of that match and eventually the series too. More recently his innings in England were superb, especially that crisp 57 at the Oval. I have heard people say stuff like because the Australian grounds are so big he wont be able to hit boundaries and his running between wickets will be exposed. I would counter that by saying that Ganguly is IMO the best timer of the cricket ball in our side. If he gets the ball into the gap, then it will invariably go for 4 (especially on the quick aussie outfields)
Ganguly is the man in possession and he hasnt done much wrong in tests over the last year or so ... it is good that there is some level of competition for places within the squad ... Yuvraj could make a better case by smashing big hundreds on the domestic scene ... but he isnt for whatever reasons ... I reckon he will travel with the squad but will only get a look in for someone suddenly goes through a wretched period of form
yeah every cricket expert says yuvraj should be in the playing 11' date=' but no one has the courage to say who should be dropped to accomodate him[/quote'] That is true. Why don't they have the courage to say who should Yuvi replace if he should be included in the final XI?