Tait in for 1st. Test against India ?

Donny

your deceptive Donny...you don't make any predictions cuz you know if we beat you then we'll never let you live it down' date=' but u go on and support your players and make these small comments you know will rile us up.[/quote'] India is scheduled to play Australia - not Donny. :regular_smile:
I was trying to tell you that I have faith in the Indian batsman to handle Lee confidently.
So why not write that, mm ? Instead you quoted a bowling return from a Test of nearly 4 years ago where only 25 wickets fell and 1750 runs were scored.
So why not write that, mm ? Instead you quoted a bowling return from a Test of nearly 4 years ago where only 25 wickets fell and 1750 runs were scored.
I dont understand. When you quoted 3 of Lee recent performances to show that Indians " will underestimate him at their own peril" why shouldnt i quote a performance of Lee against Ind in Aus to show that Lee is not such a potent threat to Indians as you might make it out to be ?

See if you can spot the similarities, mm. I can't. 1. Lee's 3 most recent bowling returns - just weeks before the Tests against India. 2. 1 bowling return from 47 months ago.

When you quoted 3 of Lee recent performances to show that Indians " will underestimate him at their own peril"
My reference to underestimation was clearly in a reply to Shwetabh, not to Indians. Anyone underestimating a bowler who's just taken 16 wickets in 2 Tests is inviting peril.
See if you can spot the similarities, mm. I can't. 1. Lee's 3 most recent bowling returns - just weeks before the Tests against India. 2. 1 bowling return from 47 months ago.
I do find a relevance. Muralitharan has been hugely successful all over the world but not so in Aus. Its been many years since he played a test in Aus till the just concluded series. He didnt have good record till then and his record didnt get any better this time.' Indians, in 2003/4, handled Lee very well and it is essentially the same batting line-up this around. So I am quite right in exuding in confidence that they will handle him well this around too.