BBC Greatest ODI XI

bulbul

We are comparing Jayasuriya with Hafeez just like you are comparing Kapil to Afridi for their respective roles. Because if you believe that Jayasuriya > Hafeez despite both of them having similar numbers, you shouldn't have to focus on numbers all when it comes to Kapil vs. whoever FYI, Kapil is ranked amongst the best best all-rounders of AT, while Jauasuriya is amongst the SL players :winky: .... On one hand, you howl as if someone put his feet over your tail when it comes to Jayasuriya, but you have no problems barking against one of the greatest all rounders of AT :P
No, I dont. See my X1 - JS was not picked. These AR are better than Dev by the fair measure of bat ave - bowling ave: Sobers Imran Miller Botham Hadlee Kallis Cairns Pollock Proctor Grieg Want me to continue? Yet you place him so highly. He was moderate. His bowling was average at best and his batting was not much better. If you play 100000 games you may get a few wkts - that doesn't make him the best. Yet you folks are so blind you flood cricinfo and all vote for him in a world X1 - showing how little Indians generally know about cricket.
Also I didnt pick JS in my ODI X1. I picked Gilly and SRT to open. I am an honest cricket fan - not blind idiot. You guys just pick Indians to blow smoke amongst yourselves. As if the world hasn't seen these guys.
Kapil is a great addition to any ATG 11. He can bat anywhere from #6 to #8, is a superb bowler and a top fielder :hatsoff: ..... Only a blind idiot would dismiss Kapil :P

You folks did not say he would be a good addition, you say he is a certainty. Clearly most experts disagree - ex players, writers, analysts, and so on. But we are all wrong and you lot are right? :hysterical: I still :hysterical: at how Indians picked Dev over Sobers for the cricinfo world x1 by peoples vote. If that is not blind nationalist what is?

No, I dont. See my X1 - JS was not picked. These AR are better than Dev by the fair measure of bat ave - bowling ave: Sobers Imran Miller Botham Hadlee Kallis Cairns Pollock Proctor Grieg Want me to continue? Yet you place him so highly. He was moderate. His bowling was average at best and his batting was not much better. If you play 100000 games you may get a few wkts - that doesn't make him the best. Yet you folks are so blind you flood cricinfo and all vote for him in a world X1 - showing how little Indians generally know about cricket.
I don't give a damn about his batting. I would pick him in my second XI for his bowling alone. He was the best fast bowler to ever be produced by Kapil. That speaks a lot. And if you don't know that, it only shows how ill-informed you are. To add to that, you are insulting the cricket knowledge of all Indians just because you think they voted for Kapil in some stupid XI poll for some patriotism... :giggle:
You are free to put even Razzaq above Kapil just like someone could put Hafeez or Malik over Jayasuriya :dontknow: I am sure that many Pakistani fans would argue that Imran > Sobers .... Some knowledgeable fans would even suggest that Imran career can be broken down in to two parts Ignorant or aware about cricket, the voice of 1.2B will always be louder than what comes out from your little island (which banks on matches vs. Ind to survive). Whether you like it or not, get used to it :winky:
No, generally people accept Sobers as #1. Imran is probably #2. Him or Miller. Pak fans who place him #1 are wrong but generally Sobers being #1 is accepted by all. As for 1.2bn - it means little is they speak crap with zero knowledge. Just bobbing about. :cantstop:
As this random article shows, rankings are always debatable On the other hand, the number of intelligent minds in that 1.2B could total more than the entire population of your small and irrelevant island. If not for cricket, why would anyone even discuss SL :P
Proportionally you guys will have no more intelligent folk than any other people. You just have trillions of people so in pure numbers you'll have a lot. 5% of India is crazy - but it still only 5% (example % given).
bottom line - the number of intelligent people in India will probably be more than the population of SL (don't know what the population of SL is and at this point don't care to find that out)
which will probably be more than the population of SL (don't know what the population of SL is and at this point don't even care to find that out)
Thank God it is only 20 million, otherwise we would have even "crap speaking people with zero knowledge bobbing around". By the way, 5% of Indians is ~60 million people which is 3 times their population.
Proportionally you guys will have no more intelligent folk than any other people. You just have trillions of people so in pure numbers you'll have a lot. 5% of India is crazy numbers- but it still only 5% (example % given).
How the heck did this discussion deviate to one about intelligence?
Do you understand proportions, mate? Obviously those countries with termite like populations of billions or hundreds of millions will have millions of smart people - but the ratio of smart: dumb is no different.
Incorrect. A large population would actually produce more unintelligent people because overpopulation leads to poverty which prevents many people from receiving a proper education.
Do you understand proportions, mate? Obviously those countries with termite like populations of billions or hundreds of millions will have millions of smart people - but the ratio of smart: dumb is no different.
That's fine. But if you go to a science convention, you cannot say that amongst all scientist present here - 5% are smart, 5% are this, 5% are that, etc. because that is how the ratios of the country work. It is very likely that most of those present at the convention would be the elite intellectual minds from that country Similarly, there is no point in generalizing that the "voice" coming out from India on cricket know zero about cricket. May be many of them are experts whose numbers could be greater than the entire population of SL :--D
^ explains a lot. :hysterical:
A minute ago you said so many Indians are intelligent only because of our population. Now you turned around... India has the most vibrant culture of cricket in the world. Literally every kid plays cricket. Of course not many go into the competitive stream, but some of us are pretty knowledgeable.
A minute ago you said so many Indians are intelligent only because of our population. Now you turned around... India has the most vibrant culture of cricket in the world. Literally every kid plays cricket. Of course not many go into the competitive stream, but some of us are pretty knowledgeable.
No mate, you said larger populations produce more dumb people due to poverty. I said that explains a lot. I mean look around. :hysterical: I changed nothing, you either missed a post or didnt understand. India is proof of a lot. :giggle:
No mate, you said larger populations produce more dumb people due to poverty. I said that explains a lot. I mean look around. :hysterical: I changed nothing, you either missed a post or didnt understand. India is proof of a lot. :giggle:
Proportionally you guys will have no more intelligent folk than any other people. You just have trillions of people so in pure numbers you'll have a lot. 5% of India is crazy numbers- but it still only 5% (example % given).
Anyway intelligence on average is hard to measure. IQ is a stupid criteria and success is impossible to get a large sample size for. And of course it would be disturbed by lack of education and other opportunities in many parts of a country.
Incorrect. A large population would actually produce more unintelligent people because overpopulation leads to poverty which prevents many people from receiving a proper education.
Intelligence is not directly proportional to education :facepalm: FYI, Bush studied at Harvard. Many don't consider him as intelligent. While not many are aware of what degree Dhirubhai Ambani had. He was amongst the most intelligent people without having an advanced degree (assuming he did not have one). There are a lot of people in India who have built business empires w/o attaining advanced degrees or education (for e.g. the person in Gujarat who distributed cars as bonus to his employees :nice: )