Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams)

jf1gp_1

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams)

SRT may retire but I don't think so. Nothing left to prove. RD - no chance unless kicked out as captain (& he should be kicked out). SRG - not until guruji is out of India. He is going to outstay guruji in the Indian team. VVS - he should have retired 5 years ago - sorry Rohan. Anilbhai - he should have retired 5 years ago. Agarker - overrated as a ODI cricketer - he will lose us more games than win us many.
Except Ganguly everyone should get the hell out, rather should have gotten the hell out (and some at their peak), according to the count. :hmph:

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams) SRT should retire from ODIs for his own good. Plain and simple. Gangs is better at this form of the game, so he should keep going. Dravid should and will stick around for a few more years. He has got time on his side.

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams) By the time 07 world cup is over sachin and rahul will be 34,saurav will almost be 35, kumble 36. I cant see any one of them carry on playing both odis n tests till WC 2011. So if all four are smart then they will retire from ODIs atleast but the biggest problem is if sachin or saurav announce retirement we will see all sorts of drama to see them come out of retirement.

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams) The oldies in the Indian team will go on 'til they are into their 40's. Why ? The reason is because there is no-one in FC cricket competent enough to replace them. I shudder to think about the state of Indian cricket once Tendulkar, Ganguly, KUMBLE (he is half our bowling attack FFS) are gone. Laxman better shape up and make the most of whatever time he has left and Dravid will the only one who will survive - mainly due to his superior fitness and work ethic. Sehwag's best years are behind him, and like Michael Slater - he will keep scoring, but won't ever match his first few years in Test cricket.

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams) Sachin, Lara, Ganguly, Inzi, Jayasuriya, Vas, Pollock,kumble even Dravid should retire from ODIs only after world cup cause they are leaving when still in team not for reputation but for performance and have nothing more to prove.

Re: Retirements post World Cup 2007 (including other teams)

SRT may retire but I don't think so. Nothing left to prove. RD - no chance unless kicked out as captain (& he should be kicked out). SRG - not until guruji is out of India. He is going to outstay guruji in the Indian team. VVS - he should have retired 5 years ago - sorry Rohan. Anilbhai - he should have retired 5 years ago. Agarker - overrated as a ODI cricketer - he will lose us more games than win us many.
Except Ganguly everyone should get the hell out, rather should have gotten the hell out (and some at their peak), according to the count. :hmph:
No Gatorbhai - I would like the old SRT & RD back (without any captaincy cr@p between them). Then they would be able to play for another 2-3 years at least. SRG - I just don't like guruji & hope he outstays guruji. Never thought VVS & Anilbhai were ODI material. Anilbhai is my second favourite bowler & person in the Indian team. Favourite player (not captain) is Dravid. I hope this keeps you happy. Peace man. :hmph: