Medical students strike against rural internship :-(

Guest dada_rocks

Lurker. You are getting all worked up (against me) for nothing - as evidenced in a prior post. If you are getting worked up against the govt, then feel free to do so.
Noone's getting worked up here. My post was clearly about your comment about free society and all that. No it is NOT a free society. If your education is being subsidized then you definitely owe it to your country to pay it back. Simple.
I never said the above should not be done. I am ok if the Govt makes a law asking Docs to work for 1 year in village or pay the actual fees. Thats fine. State the choice clearly and upfront.
No disrespect but that is a hogwash. I shall take your word on face value but could you produce me a few comments from the Striking Doctors, anywhere in India, who are saying that - "We would not mind working 1 year or more if it was made upfront". Heck I have read criticism like "One more year for Women Medical student means she gets older and hence not fit for marriage" but nothing like what you are suggesting. Your criticism, valid as it maybe, is based plain on technicality.
The important thing is to state it at time of admission so people can then decide if they want the subsidy or if they'll pay up for it. You can't tell them in the middle of the program.
Again I would ask you to get me those exact lines for IMA(Indian Medical Association) or any other organization representing Medical students who suggests that. Yes your line of argument would be valid if Doctors either pay lakhs to get their degree or work towards a society that subsidises their education. Can you give me anything that tells me remotely thats how Medical Students in India feel? If not why should I consider your argument as holding any substace FL? xxx

Ab Lurker mian aap khoon jala rahe ho:D
Duniya gol hai bandhu. :cantstop: Abhi to man kar reha hai ke Patna Gandhi Maidan ke Mona cinema waala corner pe jo Safdar Hashmi ka nukkad naatak hota tha, mostly on relevant issues, usmein yeh topic doon - Striking unethical Doctors of modern India - aur maje se litti/ghughni khaaoon as they take them to action. Duniya ghum liya lekin Patna phir Patna hai :two_thumbs_up:

Noone's getting worked up here. My post was clearly about your comment about free society and all that. No it is NOT a free society. If your education is being subsidized then you definitely owe it to your country to pay it back. Simple. No disrespect but that is a hogwash. I shall take your word on face value but could you produce me a few comments from the Striking Doctors, anywhere in India, who are saying that - "We would not mind working 1 year or more if it was made upfront". Heck I have read criticism like "One more year for Women Medical student means she gets older and hence not fit for marriage" but nothing like what you are suggesting. Your criticism, valid as it maybe, is based plain on technicality. Again I would ask you to get me those exact lines for IMA(Indian Medical Association) or any other organization representing Medical students who suggests that. Yes your line of argument would be valid if Doctors either pay lakhs to get their degree or work towards a society that subsidises their education. Can you give me anything that tells me remotely thats how Medical Students in India feel? If not why should I consider your argument as holding any substace FL? xxx
Lurker, I dont think I said this is exactly what the IMA is saying. I am saying my views on this topic, and I think all along (if u read my posts) I've been ok with being upfront at admission time. Whether IMA wants it or not is another thing. I havent read all articles to confirm that to you. I am happy that this nonsensical middle of the program changes is getting squashed, thats all.

Lurker, I dont think I said this is exactly what the IMA is saying. I am saying my views on this topic, and I think all along (if u read my posts) I've been ok with being upfront at admission time. Whether IMA wants it or not is another thing. I havent read all articles to confirm that to you. I am happy that this nonsensical middle of the program changes is getting squashed, thats all.
I realize that FL. I also realize that you can only speak for yourself. Fair enough. My position was never against you, was it now? It was obviously against the Doctors who fail to realize their own responsibility. You mentioned you have not read all the articles but I did a bit of legwork on this. I searched the websites of IMA(Indian Medical Association), MCI(Medicine Council of India) - two highest body of Doctors in India. I also read through many interviews conducted on most channels, newspaper etc. And at NO place do the Doctors suggest what you are suggesting - Had we known before taking the entrance we would not have cried foul. An interesting observation is that the same set of Doctors(who are on strike) are happy to do internship in big towns but refuse to do so in villages. I would stick by my argument that had the Govt suggested that the Jr. Doctor would be sent abroad for a year most of them would not have raised a humgama. To make matters worse none of the Medical agencies have so far even mentioned that okay maybe not for 1 year but yes we dont mind working in villages for say 3 months!! Goes back to my very first post about selfish Indians. xxxx