Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

On NDTV they are saying that Mr Singh (the rapist) might escape the death penalty as his appeals process has been compromised. Dont know how true this is, but he this guy manages to get off the noose, then the documentary maker really needs to hang her head in shame. How can you not weight the legal consequences? At the very least wait for the legal process to finish.

I watched the documentary. There is nothing in it that "damages India's image" which has not been damaged so far. Stupid decision to ban it. If anything it damages India's image even more.
and what about the legal reasons i just mentioned?

and what about the legal reasons i just mentioned?
What legal reasons? The govt is just acting stupid. BBC did not broadcast it in India. Indian laws don't apply in the U.K. The government is really making a fool of itself. They should not have banned it in the first place. Can you explain to me why it was banned?

That is my biggest problem.By naming her and then showing her photograph and then revealing in details what they did with her is againist Indian law and British law as well. UK revels in denigrating its old colonies and live in a superiority complex.This is a result of that.
If her parents are OK with revealing her name then where is the problem?

What legal reasons? The govt is just acting stupid. BBC did not broadcast it in India. Indian laws don't apply in the U.K. The government is really making a fool of itself. They should not have banned it in the first place. Can you explain to me why it was banned?
read the posts i made and the legal reasons have been explained.

If her parents are OK with revealing her name then where is the problem?
the law is the law.. you cannot selectively pick and choose. As i have mentioned before the rapist can use the technicality of trial by media to avoid the hangman's noose.

On NDTV they are saying that Mr Singh (the rapist) might escape the death penalty as his appeals process has been compromised. Dont know how true this is, but he this guy manages to get off the noose, then the documentary maker really needs to hang her head in shame. How can you not weigh the legal consequences? At the very least wait for the legal process to finish.

"Despite clearly telling them not to make the name and photo of our daughter public, they have gone ahead with it and this is not right.. we will take legal action against this", the father of the victim told PTI .
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/December-16-gang-rape-victims-father-objects-to-daughters-name-being-made-public/articleshow/46465936.cms

On NDTV they are saying that Mr Singh (the rapist) might escape the death penalty as his appeals process has been compromised. Dont know how true this is, but he this guy manages to get off the noose, then the documentary maker really needs to hang her head in shame. How can you not weight the legal consequences? At the very least wait for the legal process to finish.
Do you really think that the SC would base its judgement on a documentary? How has his appeal process been compromised by this documentary?

Do you really think that the SC would base its judgement on a documentary? How has his appeal process been compromised by this documentary?
but why not wait? Is there something stopping you from waiting?

The father in his own voice has said in the documentary that he wants the world to know the name of his daughter. He is changing his tune now' date= perhaps under political pressure.
Who are you to judge this man?