Some Music Suggestions:

THX_1138

I just indulged in my second frivilious purchase of this year (you know, the one you ought not to buy and instead donate to charity but are too weak in the face of advertising) and bought a bargain zune 30GB. i was loading my music on here and i thought i might share a few tunes (and i mean only mention their names, no p2p stuff for me, big brother is watching) with people here: (now note that none of these are contemporary, which is why i mention these as these artists often slip below the radar) (Artist - Album) Sigor Ros - Agaetis Byrjn Skunk Anansie - Stoosh Seu Jorge - Studio recordings for the soundtrack of the motion picture "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" Rage Against the Machine - Battle of Los Angeles Frou Frou - Details Cliff Martinez - Solaris (Music from the Motion Picture) Vangelis - Blade Runner (Music from the Motion Picture) Heather Alexander - March of Cambriah a number of these tunes can be heard on you tube where they have been remixed with other videos or their original videos are available for viewing. then there is of course yahoo music. Sigor Ros's albumn can be downloaded from their webpage. Do let me know what you guys think, and if you like these i have some other suggestions. Moreover, i would welcome some suggestions back but try not to mention stuff that is quite mainstream as most of us have probably heard it every now and then and please no contemporary pop!

Some contemporary songs that I've been listening to for the past month or so: [song - Band] Bullets - Editors In the Morning - The Coral 101 - Albert Hammond, Jr. The Prayer - Bloc Party I Still Remember - Bloc Party o valencia! - the decemberists on my way - ben kweller departure (radio edit) - They Walk in Line strange - built to spill you are the one - shiny toy guns bright young thing - Albert Hammond, Jr. Time won't let me go - The Bravery Don Gon Do It - The Rapture same jeans - the view Cold Wind - The Arcade Fire The Rat - The Walkmen Melatonin - Silversun Pickups Black Swan - Thom Yorke Keep the car running - The Arcade Fire Newport Living - Cute is what we aim for Plan B - Mute Math Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs

Opeth- Im not too keen on their albums they are a bit intense, but some of their best tracks- A fair judgement Face called Melinda The drapery falls The grand conjuration Deftones- have loads of good ones, like- Digital Bath Tool- Eulogy Jeff Buckley -most of his are great but especially... Everybody here wants you Lover, you need to come over

Some contemporary songs that I've been listening to for the past month or so: [song - Band] Bullets - Editors In the Morning - The Coral 101 - Albert Hammond, Jr. The Prayer - Bloc Party I Still Remember - Bloc Party o valencia! - the decemberists on my way - ben kweller departure (radio edit) - They Walk in Line strange - built to spill you are the one - shiny toy guns bright young thing - Albert Hammond, Jr. Time won't let me go - The Bravery Don Gon Do It - The Rapture same jeans - the view Cold Wind - The Arcade Fire The Rat - The Walkmen Melatonin - Silversun Pickups Black Swan - Thom Yorke Keep the car running - The Arcade Fire Newport Living - Cute is what we aim for Plan B - Mute Math Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
dude! avoid suggesting the contemporary mainstream stuff!

Opeth- Im not too keen on their albums they are a bit intense, but some of their best tracks- A fair judgement Face called Melinda The drapery falls The grand conjuration Deftones- have loads of good ones, like- Digital Bath Tool- Eulogy Jeff Buckley -most of his are great but especially... Everybody here wants you Lover, you need to come over
whats that albumn like? i heard deftones in concert in 2003 when they opened for the Meteora tour of Linkin Park. I was not particularly impressed though.

any specific genre? if you like Metal let me know
anything non mainstream and non contemporary. that does not however mean classic rock/metal! besides i am trying to vane myself away from metal... i ve spent too much of my youth listening to that stuff and its lost its magic.

Best Sigur Ros album is the first one Von. If you like Sigur Ros. I'd get anything by Tarentel' date=' Mono (the Japanese band), the first Verve Album - A Storm In Heaven, and Ash Ra Tempel - the first two albums.[/quote'] yeah i just heard a few samplers from Von... its awesome. infact, you can download of few of those from Sigor Ros's website. good pick! still to look into tarentel and mono...

i like it, and for some strange reason the title of the album sounds similar. how old is this?

I have never been to see any metal acts live. Always scared of racist attacks :p Deftones early albums are excellent IMHO- Ive got/heard Adrenaline, Around the Fur and White Pony=each one better than the one before. the lead singer has got the best voice in metal. Digital bath is a song off White Pony- their best song by a distance. Other pretty good tracks are- Be quiet and drive, My own summer, Back to school. Killswitch Engage- another darn good contemporary metal band- you mustve heard em New album out by Dillinger Escape Plan too... Hmm not helping here by only recommending metal stuff...can add loads more though, will at some pt...

I have never been to see any metal acts live. Always scared of racist attacks :p Deftones early albums are excellent IMHO- Ive got/heard Adrenaline, Around the Fur and White Pony=each one better than the one before. the lead singer has got the best voice in metal. Digital bath is a song off White Pony- their best song by a distance. Other pretty good tracks are- Be quiet and drive, My own summer, Back to school. Killswitch Engage- another darn good contemporary metal band- you mustve heard em New album out by Dillinger Escape Plan too... Hmm not helping here by only recommending metal stuff...can add loads more though, will at some pt...
Dude! trust me, unless you are going to some white superemist band's concert, most of the people at rock concerts are either teenagers or harmless college undergrads. heck, unless its a classic rock band, most of the people there will be about as harmful as sponge balls tossed by infants. i used to listen to killswitch engage. infact back in 2004 i went out a couple of times with this aussie girl who claimed she did artwork for KSE (the hand with the skull and a KSE on the forehead). but as i said before i am trying to vane myself of from metal. at my age, i have already lost some hearing in my right ear...