Is Mohammad Kaif too joining ICL?

apocalypse

Guest HariSampath

Kaif will join 100%. Here's why.. 1. Kaif has really no chance of making it to any Indian side now or in the next couple of seasons and he is not getting younger. 2. Even if the seniors retire in a couple of years time, he will be almost 30 then and too many younger batsmen have a better claim than him. 3. ICL has a policy of best-offer-first-up...meaning if any player is approached with a big offer that holds good just for that time, and if the player were to reject it and later reconsider it, he won't get the same amount then, so if at all join, do so now. 4. Kaif is not even contracted by BCCI and if anything, his offer at ICL will be twice the amount of even category A contract with BCCI. If I were Kaif, I will take it up, and join, makes common sense

Kaif will join 100%. Here's why.. 1. Kaif has really no chance of making it to any Indian side now or in the next couple of seasons and he is not getting younger. 2. Even if the seniors retire in a couple of years time, he will be almost 30 then and too many younger batsmen have a better claim than him. 3. ICL has a policy of best-offer-first-up...meaning if any player is approached with a big offer that holds good just for that time, and if the player were to reject it and later reconsider it, he won't get the same amount then, so if at all join, do so now. 4. Kaif is not even contracted by BCCI and if anything, his offer at ICL will be twice the amount of even category A contract with BCCI. If I were Kaif, I will take it up, and join, makes common sense
cmon, take my bet :eyedance:

Its just not about the money from the match fee alone. Being an Indian cricketer, there is also this huge issue of media contracts, national media coverage, the publicity and et al. Being at ICL, one may earn more for the short-term but playing for Ind has more long term benefits. Kaif must hang on, he is quite close to one-day selection in my opinion. Soon, Sachin, Dravid and Ganguly will be gone, then the selectors will be keen to have some old hands in the team. If Kaif can come up with some good scores in between, he should be able to force his way back in. Of course , there is always this question of personal frustrations. Kaif had, before this 2007 world cup, lamented about how the team that was sent was essentially the one that took the field in 2003 minus him. He may be growing increasingly frustrated, having competed in top-flight cricket for so long and now having to languish by the side-lines. There will be a point when his patience will run out. How long will he be able to keep faith and keep fighting, we dont know.