Whats with this BS of Pakistan "always" producing good fast bowlers?

pak team of 90s is a prime culprit for underachievement. they should have won a lot more games than they did. matchfixing and team politics led to wasting their golden period.
They say bowlers win matches but didn't happen in the case of Pakistan in the 90s. They had two spearheads averaging 23 and a decent batting line-up, still didn't win the number of matches you'd expect them to. They should have dominated the period between West Indies' decline and the emergence of Australia and won a WC in either 96 or 99.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;spanmax1=28+Mar+2015;spanmin1=28+Mar+2010;spanval1=span;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=bowling At the end of the day, its performance that matters. Look at the performance of Indian and Pakistani bowlers over the last 5 years. Check out their number of wickets taken and their bowling averages. There is hardly any difference
So the only Pakistan bowler ahead of Indians was a chucker and cheater.
I didn't ask you who you'd pick. I get why you don't want to answer the question. I asked you who lara ponting etc would pick for their teams. If you can't answer that just say so. No one is talking about spinner or I'd the match is in India etc. You have to pick 4 steamers for your 15 man squad you think any neutral great like crowe picks Indian seamers over Pak?
If not biased or stereotyped, Shami will be picked by anyone
pak team of 90s is a prime culprit for underachievement. they should have won a lot more games than they did. matchfixing and team politics led to wasting their golden period.
Not just these factors. Pakistani fielding has always been at a club level. God knows how many catches were dropped off the bowling of Wasim and Waqar. These bowlers grew so frustrated that they developed the strategy of targeting the stumps because they know the fielders have butter fingers.
I didn't ask you who you'd pick. I get why you don't want to answer the question. I asked you who lara ponting etc would pick for their teams. If you can't answer that just say so.
Ah sorry dude, I misread it. I understand now. Well I am Precambrian. Not Lara Ponting Crowe. They might have their opinions, I have mine, thank you. In any case, they aren't gods,
No one is talking about spinner or I'd the match is in India etc. You have to pick 4 steamers for your 15 man squad you think any neutral great like crowe picks Indian seamers over Pak?
Why would I be bloody worried about what Crowe thinks or picks? Had it been Shami who delivered that spell to Watson, he might have picked Shami who knows? When Ishant delivered that golden spell to Ponting in the 2007-2008 series, he was touted as one of the world's best :lol: Perceptions dude. If selecting peeps were so easy, why not just outsource it to Ponting, Crowe and Lara?
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;spanmax1=28+Mar+2015;spanmin1=28+Mar+2010;spanval1=span;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=bowling At the end of the day, its performance that matters. Look at the performance of Indian and Pakistani bowlers over the last 5 years. Check out their number of wickets taken and their bowling averages. There is hardly any difference
In ODIs, there is zero difference over the last 12 years. The average ODI bowling avg of pace bowlers for Pakistan is 32.08 and for India is 32.4 something. This is despite Pakistan playing more of Zimbabwe and likes while India playing mostly the top teams.:--D
At one point OP talks like we are talking about Test Cricket only but then mentions despote their bowlers Pak is a 7 ranked team. But for his info Pak is ranked 7 in ODIs and not Tests' date='Not long ago Pak was number 3 in tests and still in top 5. OP is just a troll and attention seeker[/quote'] Where have I mentioned Pak is ranked 7 in the world? And further what relevance has this ranking thingy in this thread with reference to ability of the pace bowlers? India were ranked 1 in test cricket when we played a lot of home tests. And I didn't say you had bad bowlers. I said you have mediocre pace bowlers. your spinners have always been very good, in fact I'd say if we ignore the chucking thingy, better than that of India in the last many decades.
Yep, look at that lineup, Anwar, Sohail, Inzy, Miandad (early to mid nineties), Youhana (post Miandad), Moin/Latif (both able keeper batsmen), then the two Mushtaqs, Wasim, Waqar, OMG, jizz stuff. And yet couldn't become No.1 - in fact found ways to lose to Zimbabwe even.
Where have I mentioned Pak is ranked 7 in the world? And further what relevance has this ranking thingy in this thread with reference to ability of the pace bowlers? India were ranked 1 in test cricket when we played a lot of home tests. And I didn't say you had bad bowlers. I said you have mediocre pace bowlers. your spinners have always been very good, in fact I'd say if we ignore the chucking thingy, better than that of India in the last many decades.
To be fair Pakistan havent played much test cricket lately. However time to time from 2009 to 2015 Pacers have given some good performances.
In ODIs, there is zero difference over the last 12 years. The average ODI bowling avg of pace bowlers for Pakistan is 32.08 and for India is 32.4 something. This is despite Pakistan playing more of Zimbabwe and likes while India playing mostly the top teams.:--D
In the longer period and next 5 years the newer batch of bowlers is likely to get settled in and produce better results. I wasnt expecting this performance from pacers in this world cup even. Rahat had only played one ODI before ,Sohail was also newbie and so was Ehsan and Wahab had been in and out.
To be fair Pakistan havent played much test cricket lately. However time to time from 2009 to 2015 Pacers have given some good performances.
Same can be said of India as well. We won in England with Ishant Sharma at Lords man. Not to mention beating Australia in Australia at Perth and Adelaide. We have also won in South Africa twice I think, with pacers leading the charge. Fact of the matter is, we are still NOT claiming we have awesome fast bowlers, we acknowledge the fact that our pace lineup is still potent but underachieves mostly, and our home pitches doesn't encurage them as well. But the raw numbers are almost the same as Pakistan as well, but you never see anywhere people say "Oh Pakistan, just like India has a mediocre pace attack", while in fact, the truth is Pakistani pace bowling performances have been almost the same as India's. And then you bring in all sorts of excuses plus totally irrelevant things like what Lara thinks, what Crowe thinks etc.
In the longer period and next 5 years the newer batch of bowlers is likely to get settled in and produce better results. I wasnt expecting this performance from pacers in this world cup even. Rahat had only played one ODI before ' date='Sohail was also newbie and so was Ehsan and Wahab had been in and out.[/quote'] Wahab Riaz is already 30 Mohammad Irfan is 32 Junaid and Amir are two promising prospects. But honestly, I will be surprised hugely if they end up having sub 30 averages in the long run really. But again, if they manage to stay put together for another 5 years, and say get 200-250 wickets between them, I would be happy to chew my words.
But then again' date=' likes of JK have much better stats than Ishan considering he hasnt even yet played in seaming english conditions or Australian pitches.[/quote'] Lol, He is lucky not have played in Australia. Regarding England, while I am not for looking at ODI performances to judge test ability, the fact is junaid averages over 100 in ODIs in England at a bad eco rate as well. So in short, "All promise, no performances" so far.
That's because he has not ****ing played tests there' date=' idiot. see my disclaimer.[/quote'] And thats what i said, He hasn't played any tests there, Let him play there first. But he mostly played in UAE and has performed very well. I dont know why you are trying to prove superiority of your hack bowlers and mediocre guys like Ishant who despite playing for years and years couldnt flourish. End of discussion.