No need to change things much: Kirsten

Guest Hiten.

BANGALORE, December 9: India's new cricket coach Gary Kirsten on Sunday gave a stamp of approval to the performance of the current team and said there was no reason to 'change things much'. "The team is playing good cricket and to maintain that consistency would be all about it. Hopefully the way things are going at the moment there is no reason to change things much," Kirsten said. Kirsten said he was satisfied after his first interaction with the players here. "I met the players and got to know them. That was the intention of coming down in such a short period of time. Everything I set out to do was achieved," he said. Asked about what he can give to Indian cricket, the South African said "Having played the game at the highest level, I can add some value and my experience. There are experienced players in the team and together we can bring some very successful couple of years." On what he would like to improve, he said "I think we need to talk about that behind closed doors. You know various strategies and hopefully you see results on the field but they are a special team and have some good performers. On Yuvraj Singh not being able to cement his place in the Test side despite playing some good knocks, Kirsten said "It will be discussed in due time." Asked about the mental component of the game, Kirsten said "Mind coaches have become big in sports. When they are part of the staff, my perception is that these people can add value to the team." Source: TOI