Education level of elementary school teachers in different states and conclusion drawn

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

So supposedly BIMARU states like Bihar/UP have most qualified elemantary school teachers. I don't know whether it;s good news or bad news. There are many aspect of this data (1) Bihar/UP has higheer level of unemployment hence even people with higher level of education are willing to be employed in lowly paid jobs like primary school teachers. Pro Bihar/UP: People here are nobel and like to teach kids and they are ready to sacrifice higher perks elsewhere for this..Find it hard to believe well you are not alone:D (2) Gujarat being developed state lowly wage of elementary school teacher doesn't impress people and hence government has to hire people with lower education. Not only gujraat all the other relatively developed states show consistent result as per this theory. Gujrat being most developed has most number of teachers who are just matriculate. Even in NREGP Gujraat finds hard to find people who are willing to work for 100 Rs a day .. No takers for this kind of salary there. In fact our psec media accomplished a near-damning coup against Modi saying representation of Muslims is miniscule in NREGP so Modi must have bene keeping them out of NREGP loop . Of course they were embarrassed when they found Muslim being more prosperous than other communities in Gujraat were just not interested in these 100 Rs a day scheme.. http://bihartimes.com/news07/Dec/12dec5.html Education level of elementary school tyeachers in different state

[CENTER][B][CENTER]
[B]State

[/B]
[B]Class 10 or lower [/B]
[B]Class 12 or lower [/B]
[B]Graduate [/B]
[B]Post-Graduate and above

[/B]
Gujarat 
Bihar 
Karnataka 
Maharashtra 
Tamil Nadu 
U P 
Kerala 
West Bengal 
[B]INDIA[/B]
[B]22.8 [/B]
[B]45.3 [/B]
[B]34.5 [/B]
[B]18.0 [/B][/CENTER]

[/B][/CENTER]

So supposedly BIMARU states like Bihar/UP have most qualified elemantary school teachers. I don't know whether it;s good news or bad news. There are many aspect of this data (1) Bihar/UP has higheer level of unemployment hence even people with higher level of education are willing to be employed in lowly paid jobs like primary school teachers. Pro Bihar/UP: People here are nobel and like to teach kids and they are ready to sacrifice higher perks elsewhere for this..Find it hard to believe well you are not alone:D (2) Gujarat being developed state lowly wage of elementary school teacher doesn't impress people and hence government has to hire people with lower education. Not only gujraat all the other relatively developed states show consistent result as per this theory. Gujrat being most developed has most number of teachers who are just matriculate. Even in NREGP Gujraat finds hard to find people who are willing to work for 100 Rs a day .. No takers for this kind of salary there. In fact our psec media accomplished a near-damning coup against Modi saying representation of Muslims is miniscule in NREGP so Modi must have bene keeping them out of NREGP loop . Of course they were embarrassed when they found Muslim being more prosperous than other communities in Gujraat were just not interested in these 100 Rs a day scheme.. http://bihartimes.com/news07/Dec/12dec5.html
$aala yehan bhi p-sec media :hysterical::hysterical: Abbe why dont you make Indian Express your homepage? :angry_smile::angry_smile: On the topic, good to see that teachers are qualified in BIMARU states. One reason you have correctly identified as not many people in well to do states would take the job of a teacher that doesnt pay as well. The other reason perhaps is that in these states(BIMARU), specially UP & Bihar, teaching is supposed to be a good career, specially for females. Decent salary, good working hours, respect in society and saal mein 3-4 mahina chutti.

Guest dada_rocks

I am not so sure about positive moral values being a reason. I know I know I am a pri$k and think whole world is one..:D.. Anyway let us take those issues one by one (1)Teaching is supposed to be a good career: Not convinced "masterba" epithet is so common-place.. I would say this is the only visible career choice there. Bihar's street is basically teeming with teachers. Small cities after small cities depend on teacher's salary for their economy. (2)Decent salary: I agree particualrly Bihar's teachers get paid much more than their other state's counterpart. My classmate's mother was degree college professor in aagra and her salary was less than my father's salary who at that time was primary school teacher. (3)good working hours: this is everywhere and yes if u are counting lackadisaical approach of administration viz a viz truant teachers then yes.. Called my wife just an hour ago and they were all watching TV I asked kyun maan ko kalh school nahin hai kya.. Her answer was Band hai.. Due to some purnima or jayanti sthg and started laughing. She says every week they have one or another holiday. Then there are teachers who play truant with their duty even when schools are not officially closed. (5) respect in society and saal mein 3-4 mahina chutti: chhutti part is right respect is thing of past and teacher themselves are too blame for this.. PS: indianexpress pe Shekhar Gupta ka holier-than-thou lecture hota hai .... yes I do read tavleen Singh there... http://www.indianexpress.com/story/5482.html ye raha your indian express on same Gujraat and NREGA issue.. ye bhi koi doodh ke dhule nahin hain. wahin tune gaate hain..

Guest dada_rocks

See even this thread doesn't interest u guys.. Accept it u guys love flaring thread anything which gets little serious u much rather ignore.. similarlry ignore those namo threads too if u don't like it.. it's simple..

See even this thread doesn't interest u guys.. Accept it u guys love flaring thread anything which gets little serious u much rather ignore.. similarlry ignore those namo threads too if u don't like it.. it's simple..
Huh ? How in the world can you expect the other posters to share the same kind of passion as you do, in different topics ? Its not like we have never had prolonged discussions on serious topics here in GD.

I (1)Teaching is supposed to be a good career: Not convinced "masterba" epithet is so common-place.. I would say this is the only visible career choice there. Bihar's street is basically teeming with teachers. Small cities after small cities depend on teacher's salary for their economy.
Most other points I see you agreed to so I will tackle this now. Teaching is generally looked upon as a good profession. This is another of those bastion that is falling with modern India though. See part of this whole situation has always been the guru-shishya parampara of Indian culture where even the biggest artists etc touch the feet of their guru. Of course this doesnt mean that every teacher is great, many of them are absolutely trash. One important point here is that education is going to be vital in next few decades. Putting it simply a vast segment of our population is/was illiterate. In this time the poorest of people are sending their kids to school. So most areas of the country are finding a shortage of schools and teachers. In that sense this stream is gonna get further boost. xxx

those who complete their B.Ed. course in U.P. first rush and apply for government/governmnet aided school......soon they become hopeless to see that already thousands of B.Eds are in line to fill up less than 100 teachers vacancy. Everyone knows in UP that highest bidder (token money in tune of 2-3 lakhs) will get the job...this is the real situation in government aided schools in UP.

Guest dada_rocks
Most other points I see you agreed to so I will tackle this now. Teaching is generally looked upon as a good profession. This is another of those bastion that is falling with modern India though. See part of this whole situation has always been the guru-shishya parampara of Indian culture where even the biggest artists etc touch the feet of their guru. Of course this doesnt mean that every teacher is great, many of them are absolutely trash. One important point here is that education is going to be vital in next few decades. Putting it simply a vast segment of our population is/was illiterate. In this time the poorest of people are sending their kids to school. So most areas of the country are finding a shortage of schools and teachers. In that sense this stream is gonna get further boost. xxx
Those are the values one would like to keep intact but am sorry to say they ain't anymore. Anyone who adheres to this kind of strict guru-shishya mutual respect traditions is looked down upon. I still remember we used to touch the feet of RSS sakha-guru (fisherman by caste) in Muzaffarpur and we used to be butt of ridicule amongst the hardcore urban-bred guys. That was back in early 90's God knows what has happened since then. No doubt we have large stake in human capital. But I have not found so much enthusiasm in large section of society towards education. I hve failed four times in weaning a child off domestic labour job. Despite arranging their school fee in next vacation I end up finding out child is back to the child-labour profession. Alot of work still needs to be done on this count. Nitish Kumar has employed huge number of teachers BTW:two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks
those who complete their B.Ed. course in U.P. first rush and apply for government/governmnet aided school......soon they become hopeless to see that already thousands of B.Eds are in line to fill up less than 100 teachers vacancy. Everyone knows in UP that highest bidder (token money in tune of 2-3 lakhs) will get the job...this is the real situation in government aided schools in UP.
Welcome back, kahan gayab the maharaj.. BTW just 100 odd vancancies in a sucha large state. IN bihar usually vancancies run in lakhs and this time govt had to hire untrained because cud not find enough trained teachers UP is weird in some sense I remember how Mulayam declared he will bring nakal-legislation down and people will be able to go back to their cheating ways and he won election.

Guest dada_rocks

See there is a reason why posts like these do not get many response noone is interested in postive debates it's all negativity galore that charms people

See there is a reason why posts like these do not get many response noone is interested in postive debates it's all negativity galore that charms people
Thats not surprising. In USA more people voted for American Idol than they did for Presidential Election. I wont be surprised if India is on the same path. That said just because others arent interested shouldnt mean we keep discussing politics ONLY.
No doubt we have large stake in human capital. But I have not found so much enthusiasm in large section of society towards education. I hve failed four times in weaning a child off domestic labour job. Despite arranging their school fee in next vacation I end up finding out child is back to the child-labour profession. Alot of work still needs to be done on this count.
Abbe tum kaun duniya mein rahte ho ji? :((:(( My parents always tell me about how every baccha of the mohalla is now going to school. This from a city where kids would grow playing marbles or fly kites. The situation is the same in villages. Now I can also see that many families would not put as much thrust on education but by and large it is true. Here, read this snippet. एक और खुशी की बात यह रही की दूर दराज के गांव जिन्हें भारत के नक्शे के लायक नहीं समझा जाता वहन की लड़कियां स्चूल की पोशाकों में साइकिल से तीन किलोमीटर दूर पढने जा रहीं हैं और आ रही हैं. उनकी साइकिल की पंक्तियों को देख कर यकायक लगा मानो सैंकडों आलोक्पुन्ज एक साथ सूरज की आंच से टक्कर लेने को बेताब हैं. Its one of the Hindi blogs. Aur parhna ho to batanaa.

Guest dada_rocks
Thats not surprising. In USA more people voted for American Idol than they did for Presidential Election. I wont be surprised if India is on the same path. That said just because others arent interested shouldnt mean we keep discussing politics ONLY. Abbe tum kaun duniya mein rahte ho ji? :((:(( My parents always tell me about how every baccha of the mohalla is now going to school. This from a city where kids would grow playing marbles or fly kites. The situation is the same in villages. Now I can also see that many families would not put as much thrust on education but by and large it is true. Here, read this snippet. एक और खुशी की बात यह रही की दूर दराज के गांव जिन्हें भारत के नक्शे के लायक नहीं समझा जाता वहन की लड़कियां स्चूल की पोशाकों में साइकिल से तीन किलोमीटर दूर पढने जा रहीं हैं और आ रही हैं. उनकी साइकिल की पंक्तियों को देख कर यकायक लगा मानो सैंकडों आलोक्पुन्ज एक साथ सूरज की आंच से टक्कर लेने को बेताब हैं. Its one of the Hindi blogs. Aur parhna ho to batanaa.
I fear that day when collective electoral-ennui strikes India. That's why I say the talk like sab kamine hain it;s hopeless might give xyz warm feeling about how he is ideal he is not supporting any of the crooks but it serves no purpose whatsoever beyond that in fact it harms the polity. Yes L K advaani is right there complainign about middle class's indifference poor guy lost election due to this smugh don't care attitude of middle class last time...Pakistan mein army kyun aa jati hai and nobody complains reason is total lack of faith in political class they think who cares.... Sun ke achchapadhai ka laga sala mere ganv mein kab aayegi logon ko akal..