Are Indian batsmen scared of pace ? NOT!

Bumper

I said a similar thing in another thread- it has been seam bowlers like Asif and Gul who have done most of the damage in recent times.
On the basis of one Test match performance each? I guess Ishant Sharma should be parading himself as Pakistan's scourge then? Try McGrath and Pollock instead, MP.

I have seen on live TV Malcolm Marshall(1984), Patrick Patterson(1987-88),Allan Donald(first tour here-1992 if i recall correctly) making indians hop and jump around in a test or one dayer on indian pitches. I have read about similar difficulty faced by Indians on some of their tours to west indies in early 80's. to be frank, i think, most of the "decent"batsmen in world cricket, would find it difficult to face/survive , consistent high class pace ,above 150kmph, from both ends, especially if the bowlers can hurl the bouncers at the body line-round the wicket, short pitch, aimed at arm pit level or helmet on FAST BOUNCY pitches. IMHO,I dont think there is any single batsmen today, who would ENJOY facing up to Shoaib or Tait or Bond or Lee when they are on song on a bouncy pitch. even Australian team was not comfortable at times when they faced West indian quicks at their peak. Engalnd was perhaps the worst affected by the WI fast bowlers. in the australian series , MCG and WACA perth pitches are quite likely to test the indians, if Tait, Lee and Johnson are instructed to break the confidence of our batting line up.Let us hope the team does not mind taking a few blows on their body courageously and weather the barrage and stand up to their fast bowlers. that would give me more satisfaction than a home series win against Pak.

Lurker' date=' but how do you justify that fear factor ? [/quote'] How do you justify the fear factor. Fear factor is the amount of discomfort when a batsman sees a fast bowler run in his tracks and not sure if he is going to live another day. It is extremely hard to put this fear factor in numbers and indeed this is a glorious part of cricket. Fear factor is when Graham Gooch, arguably the best England batsman against pace of modern times, feared for his life when he faced the debutant Patrick Patterson. That is some statement considering Gooch had faced Marshall, Garner and Holding ahead of Patterson in that very Test on that very same track. I am also reminded of the time Steve Waugh dared to "bounce" Patrick Patterson, which so miffed the latter that he stormed into Aussies dressing room and mentioned explicitly he is gonna kill them all. He didnt kill them of course but took 6 wickets. And no this was not back in the day Bumper. You can easily pick many examples like this - Devon Malcolm, Donald-Atherton, Ambrose-Dean Jones yada yada. Most top players are very candid about this anyway. Yes a Murali, a Warne, a Kumble can beat them with guile but how do you tackle a perfectly pitched ball at 150 k coming right at you? xxxx

Pace can trouble the batsmen until they get settled . Or in the early hours .After that once a batsman got settled ,he will have confidence to tackle any pace . It is a matter of getting adjusted .Thats why many tearaway quicks whose life totally depend on pace fade away quickly .Batsmen will figure them out and will get adjusted to their pace.