Mumbai v Bengal Ranji finals

gator

Re: Mumbai v Bengal Ranji finals 9.2 Khan to Arindam Das, OUT, what a ball! edged and taken by Samanth! Zaheer lands it back of a length at a lively pace, Das stays back, is cramped for room, sticks his bat out and the 'keeper takes a thin edge Arindam Das c Samant b Khan 7 (0m 23b 1x4 0x6) SR: 30.43 9.3 Khan to Ganguly, OUT, castled! first ball! Ganguly plays on the middle stump is flattened! Zaheer pitches it on the corridor of uncertainty outside off stump, Ganguly fails to use his feet, plays away from his body and inside edges onto his stumps SC Ganguly b Khan 0 (0m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Its a miracle that Ganguly scores runs I have high regard for determination that Ganguly has shown and it probably makes up a bit for his pathetic technique but I am surprised this guy can score runs. Just like Zaheer I expect most teams in the world cup to sort him out. Go and look at the matches - he stands with an open stance rarely moves his feet across to middle stump, his bat fac is pointing toward point when he brings it down and is always trying to face the ball square. Bowl him full make it come in and whats the probability he can defend it with the blade of his bat - pretty slim. No doubt he has good hand eye coordination but I doubt he can make up for this pathetic technique over the long run.

Re: Mumbai v Bengal Ranji finals His technique has deteriorated over time. By long run I meant next 6 months. People have short memories - ganguly has just made a comeback and as far as ODIs are concerned only good data point on his performances are his two good scores against windies.

Re: Mumbai v Bengal Ranji finals

Six balls, 1 run, three wickets.... that was the story of the last few frenetic minutes! Just when it looked like Bengal were running away with it, the senior pros, Ajit Agarkar and Zaheer Khan struck back. Gavaskar aggressive innings was cut short after a lapse in concentration and Zaheer finally rose from his slumber. I have said time and again how dangerous Zaheer is when he makes the batsmen play and that was precisely what he did to bag those late strikes. Ganguly has the tail to keep him company and it is imperative he hogs the strike.
Ganguly still on 89* and Bengal needing 137 with 3 wickets. I hope Bengal gets close to the required runs, that will be befitting finale for the Ranji trophy.